OT: Kraken OT Lounge: No Calamari allowed

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
awesome post! Not going to the kraken game because it’s not clear when the conference is going to end. There is a workshop starting at 5:45 on Monday night. The game starts at seven so I figure I won’t be able to go to the whole thing, but I forgot about the window! I had read about the Museum of Pop Art and would love to check that out! Will definitely check out the breakfast place is there any good places for dinner like seafood or steak? Will definitely check out the fish throwing and maybe the Ferris wheel. Thanks for all the suggestions!

There are really too many places for dinner, but most folks would recommend Ivar’s. It’s like fast food fish and chips and chowder, but very good.. if if you’re on the company dime for food, senor Carbon is super good Peruvian. Seattle has very good food in general.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Stay safe man, I hope the wind forces that east rather than continuing towards all the neighborhoods.

Well, I'm southeast of it, so while I wouldn't want it to hit neighborhoods, I personally want it not to go east. North is great, nothing there... except my secret Huckleberry spot.

I am now outside of the revised, much smaller Evac zone, so thank the wind for stopping. Not too many people still in any stage of evacuation. I do have family that downgraded from 3 to 2, so that's good, they can at least go home.

Reactions: sigma six

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
I have to admit I was thrilled that seattle got an NHL team

Now I’m hoping they have a JP Patches night

With Sponsorzhip from Bomb Shelter videos on olive st.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Has anyone made the trek up to see the Kraken play in Vancouver. With how bad the Canucks are and the exchange rate on USD, you could score tickets dirt cheap for at least the next couple of years.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Has anyone made the trek up to see the Kraken play in Vancouver. With how bad the Canucks are and the exchange rate on USD, you could score tickets dirt cheap for at least the next couple of years.
Man. I feel like going from Whidbey to Seattle is a trek to watch a game, let alone driving 3.5 hours to Vancouver to watch a game.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I've not.
Haven't been up to Vancouver since before Covid. I remember going up in the early 2010's and ticket prices/demand was nuts. I just figured they always sold it out given it's 'the' team in Vancouver. Whitecaps and Lions don't look like they ever really sell out. What do Vancouver fans spend money on if not the Canucks, it's a relatively big rich city?

Seattle's a similar size but has NFL, MLS, NHL, MLB, WNBA, NWSL, College football (basketball team sucks though), XFL. Most are pretty well attended barring XFL.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I've not.

Haven't been up to Vancouver since before Covid. I remember going up in the early 2010's and ticket prices/demand was nuts. I just figured they always sold it out given it's 'the' team in Vancouver. Whitecaps and Lions don't look like they ever really sell out. What do Vancouver fans spend money on if not the Canucks, it's a relatively big rich city?

Seattle's a similar size but has NFL, MLS, NHL, MLB, WNBA, NWSL, College football (basketball team sucks though), XFL. Most are pretty well attended barring XFL.

Seattle has over a million more people in the metro area, so it's not as cut and dry. Also, the Whitecaps do ok attendance wise, the stadium is just too big for the sport in the US and Canada.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Seattle has over a million more people in the metro area, so it's not as cut and dry. Also, the Whitecaps do ok attendance wise, the stadium is just too big for the sport in the US and Canada.
Always thought it was similar when you include all the burbs like Surrey, Richmond and Seattle includes Tacoma etc?

Whitecaps average last year was 16,000 which was 22/28.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Man, it seems like every single “authentic” jersey on Marketplace is a Chinese fake. Mind you, given the quality of the legit Fanatics unis, the difference may be negligible.
I can’t stand liars, though. If it has a fight strap, no matter how many realistic tags are on the jersey, it cost $40 at most to buy on Etsy or dhgate, and people are trying to sell them for $150. Scammers suck.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
That’s exactly why I don’t care what jersey I get, so long as it looks like a jersey. I just go cheap.
And that's why I only buy the authentic jerseys because the small irregularities or differences are just not right. Wrong font, wrong colors, wrong name spelling - if you're spending over $100, get it right.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
And that's why I only buy the authentic jerseys because the small irregularities or differences are just not right. Wrong font, wrong colors, wrong name spelling - if you're spending over $100, get it right.

I’m not spending over $100, I’m a cheap ass. Granted I got each of my fanatics versions for under $80.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I’m not spending over $100, I’m a cheap ass. Granted I got each of my fanatics versions for under $80.
I get it. But looking even at the blank Fanatics ones at Dick's Im like, this doesn't look right. The logo looks green/yellow rather than blue. And then if you want name/number it's even more wrong. I bought an addidas white blank one online a few months ago at a sale for $80 and was great. But it was stolen so want to replace it and am struggling to find one that looks good and is a good price, and liekly just biting the bullet and getting a Beniers one at the arena tonight.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
What do you use? DH gate? I know a lot of people are using those types of vendors for soccer jerseys now that teams are bringing out 4 a year and charging $100 each.

I don't really wear sports stuff much other than hats. I'll wear my seahawks or huskies jersey the rare time i'm going to a game or there is some sort of sport watching party (or super bowl/rose bowl) and I usually only wear soccer jerseys while playing. The rare ti me i'm at Kells i'll wear my Celtic jersey if they are playing in the champions league or against Rangers.

The Sounders jersey I have is from like 2010. The OG and best one with Xbox on it :D

Wouldn't mind a Kraken jersey but i'd likely only wear it to a game or during a deep play off run. At this point though i'm wondering if I should hold off until they move away from Adidas whether real or fake.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
What do you use? DH gate? I know a lot of people are using those types of vendors for soccer jerseys now that teams are bringing out 4 a year and charging $100 each.

I don't really wear sports stuff much other than hats. I'll wear my seahawks or huskies jersey the rare time i'm going to a game or there is some sort of sport watching party (or super bowl/rose bowl) and I usually only wear soccer jerseys while playing. The rare ti me i'm at Kells i'll wear my Celtic jersey if they are playing in the champions league or against Rangers.

The Sounders jersey I have is from like 2010. The OG and best one with Xbox on it :D

Wouldn't mind a Kraken jersey but i'd likely only wear it to a game or during a deep play off run. At this point though i'm wondering if I should hold off until they move away from Adidas whether real or fake.

I just check for deals on the NHL Shop or Fanatics website. Just check clearance. If they don't have the price you're looking for, check the next week, or hell, even the next day. Fanatics is annoying as shit for their email deal notices, but they are REALLY good (but you will get 3!!!! per day). In fact, they just had a deal where authentics were 70% off, making most of the leagues blank authentics around $70 at most. Those that were already reduced were as low as $31. Yes, for Authentics.

If it's not the Kraken or Devils, I will only buy used, so ebay there. I've gotten some stinkers over the years, but nothing that sucked cost me more than $25... so I got what I paid for. Still need decent Wings, Stars, Avs and Bruins jerseys for my collection. Have pretty great ones otherwise.

I have a slew of soccer jerseys as well, that I tend to just snag when I'm at clearance/outlet stores. Got my Celtic kit there, as did I my Thorns, Newcastle United and a Real Salt Lake jersey I used to wear all the time. I've got a small army of Timbers kits, going as far back as 2007. I think I paid full price for 1 of them. I just wait for the big sale in the dull part of the year or when the team is bad. Easy to find deals then... or in the deepest part of the off-season.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
This. I buy mine to wear over my goalie gear, and authentic goalie cuts are ridiculously expensive, so I usually have to go the fake route. I just wanna KNOW it’s fake.
The fake Beniers one I bought is obviously fake from up close, but I lived through the Seventies. Paying $300 for polyester? Not doing THAT again. 😆

Reactions: The Marquis

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Hey guys, I’ll be in Seattle at the end of May for a conference and was wondering if there’s some must-sees/eats for a solo visitor. I’ll be going with my boss but I don’t plan on hanging out with him much outside the conference itself.

The only thing I know I’m doing is seeing a Mariners game, but outside of that I have no plans.

Thanks!

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Hey guys, I’ll be in Seattle at the end of May for a conference and was wondering if there’s some must-sees/eats for a solo visitor. I’ll be going with my boss but I don’t plan on hanging out with him much outside the conference itself.

The only thing I know I’m doing is seeing a Mariners game, but outside of that I have no plans.

Thanks!

If you like Sci Fi, Horror or Fantasy movies or TV definitely check out MoPoPs. Museum of pop culture. It’s amazing. They also have a great interactive music room (it’s really something) and ridiculous Seattle music memorabilia (Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc). It’s not like your typical museum. Take the monorail there for an atypical experience.

Pike Place market and the waterfront are great (the former a must see).

As for eating, I always recommend Honest Biscuits for breakfast. It’s near Pike Place Market.

Otherwise, ferry over to Bainbridge will get you the best views of the city from the water (it’s free coming back) and Bainbridge is a nice little town for upscale indie shopping you could spend a little time in between ferries.

• Love
Reactions: Kane One

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
If you like Sci Fi, Horror or Fantasy movies or TV definitely check out MoPoPs. Museum of pop culture. It’s amazing. They also have a great interactive music room (it’s really something) and ridiculous Seattle music memorabilia (Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc). It’s not like your typical museum. Take the monorail there for an atypical experience.

Pike Place market and the waterfront are great (the former a must see).

As for eating, I always recommend Honest Biscuits for breakfast. It’s near Pike Place Market.

Otherwise, ferry over to Bainbridge will get you the best views of the city from the water (it’s free coming back) and Bainbridge is a nice little town for upscale indie shopping you could spend a little time in between ferries.
Oh f*** yeah, that reminds me that Jimi Hendrix was from Seattle. Are there any museums for him or do they have any of his memorabilia at MoPoPs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad