OT: Kraken OT Lounge: No Calamari allowed

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I don't think it's as bad as people think. Give Francis time, a backend is forming first. Vegas got spoiled.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Vero-Gusto-calamari-22.jpg

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
You're talking to the wrong guy if you're expecting me to be turned off by pig rectum. I'm an experimental foodie. I'll eat the shit out of well prepared pig rectum.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
You're talking to the wrong guy if you're expecting me to be turned off by pig rectum. I'm an experimental foodie. I'll eat the shit out of well prepared pig rectum.
What is the weirdest thing you have eaten (or drank)?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA

Blacktail deer testicles probably would be the weirdest to most people, for me personally it's goat stomach lining and lung. Grasshoppers, Termites, Coyote, Opossum, Vole might raise a few eyebrows as well. I mean anybody who has had a pork hot dog has eaten pig rectum, so that's really not that weird, though I've never had it outside of a hot dog (or sausage).

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Blacktail deer testicles probably would be the weirdest to most people, for me personally it's goat stomach lining and lung. Grasshoppers, Termites, Coyote, Opossum, Vole might raise a few eyebrows as well. I mean anybody who has had a pork hot dog has eaten pig rectum, so that's really not that weird, though I've never had it outside of a hot dog (or sausage).
Damn. As someone who is pretty vanilla about the food I eat, that is very impressive.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
On purpose? Squirrel. Or maybe uni, which is sea urchin gonads.

Fish sauce is fermented fish guts though, which is about the most disgusting thing I eat on a regular basis. If you eat Thai food, then you've had fermented fish gut sauce.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Squirrel is good eats. Uni. Hahahahaha. Man, been a while, but that sure is good.

I've eaten a number of fish species gonads though, raw. Not something I often do, but I have. Not because I like it, but because of the reaction it gets from people I fish with. It's like a tradition to have one when I take somebody out that hasn't fished with me. I explain what it is as we're cleaning the fish and I pop it in my mouth as I look them directly in the eyes. Always classic.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Squirrel is good eats. Uni. Hahahahaha. Man, been a while, but that sure is good.

I've eaten a number of fish species gonads though, raw. Not something I often do, but I have. Not because I like it, but because of the reaction it gets from people I fish with. It's like a tradition to have one when I take somebody out that hasn't fished with me. I explain what it is as we're cleaning the fish and I pop it in my mouth as I look them directly in the eyes. Always classic.
That's like giving a blow job to a fish....

I'll eat fish roe, but I think that's pretty mainstream now, especially around here.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I had calamari Sunday.

I've eaten some weird stuff, but it mostly wasn't due to me being a massive foodie. Banana slugs, crickets, grouse, vole, all kinds of intestine and organ meat, rabbits eye ball raw.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Grouse is SO GOOD.

Banana Slugs are on my short list of things to try. I've got them all over my property (because of course, I live in the Gorge, they are EVERYWHERE). Rabbits eye ball is something I didn't think was a thing, but next time my cat brings me a rabbit... I WON'T BE EATING IT RAW! OMG! The disease/parasites those bastards carry! You are crazy!

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Grouse is SO GOOD.

Banana Slugs are on my short list of things to try. I've got them all over my property (because of course, I live in the Gorge, they are EVERYWHERE). Rabbits eye ball is something I didn't think was a thing, but next time my cat brings me a rabbit... I WON'T BE EATING IT RAW! OMG! The disease/parasites those bastards carry! You are crazy!

It was part of military survival (SERE) training. Suck the rabbit's eyeball out of its skull. It's supposed to be a good source of hydration in a survival situation where you're not supposed to waste any part of the animals.

Reactions: andys

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I am seriously regretting making the OT thread. You folks are all weird ... :)

Well I made delicious blackened salmon last night and have a bunch of lamb marinating in olive oil, red wine vinegar and shwarma rub over night right now. Going to make homemade tatziki and grill the lamb for a healthier take on gyros tonight. The weird stuff I've eaten (been forced to eat...) has made me appreciate the good stuff way more!

I'm such a beer/whisky/foodie. Any of you folks ever come out to Eastern WA or Idaho and I'd be happy to grab a brew.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well I made delicious blackened salmon last night and have a bunch of lamb marinating in olive oil, red wine vinegar and shwarma rub over night right now. Going to make homemade tatziki and grill the lamb for a healthier take on gyros tonight. The weird stuff I've eaten (been forced to eat...) has made me appreciate the good stuff way more!

I'm such a beer/whisky/foodie. Any of you folks ever come out to Eastern WA or Idaho and I'd be happy to grab a brew.

Now that sounds scrumptious to me. The wife and I both love mediterranean food.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
My neighbor, who rules, has been sawing wood… BY HAND SAW for 14 straight hours. Dude is nearly 80 years old. My mind is blown! I hope I’m capable of that at 80… if I make it. I drink a tad too much to bank on that.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Ahhh... Friday. For me, that means some scotch and charcuterie on the patio with the fiance and a chance to do something other than look at lines of CSS and JS for a couple of days. Happy weekend, Krakheads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad