Kraken News

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I’m guessing we won’t get the games in the Portland market.
There's been a lot of talk that most of the RSN's that the baseball teams own will shut down in the next few years. MLB is talking about basically opening up MLB TV to in market as well. The billionaire owners are going to plead poverty next year and there's going to be a massive labor dispute that will likely lead to an NFL style salary cap introduced (but also a salary cap floor to stop Oakland, Tampa etc cheaping out). May come at the cost of the season though.

I could see the NHL follow suit. Having NHL tv with every game for an annual fee with maybe some of the local teams games on over the air.

MLS started it with Apple TV i.e. now the Messi channel

I think part of the popularity of the NFL is games being on over the air and everyone being able to access even if they cant afford to go to games or buy a cable subscription (they'll still buy merch etc). If they ever decline I think it will be due to greed and them putting every game behind a paywall. They explored it with the chiefs play off game last year.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The original post on it was about it being over the air. But I’m all for a streaming service, then I can tell Comcast to smd, which would make me immensely happy.
In my experience so far I have seen games on RSN, ESPN, ESPN+, NHL Network and TNT. The problem is that even with their streaming service, I will still need more service for blacked out games on ESPN and NHL Network.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
You guys were all over it 2weeks ago.
Now it’s official. Got via Kraken email.

Kraken games won’t be on Root anymore. This is great news as I can ditch Comcast and Root and not help fill John Stanton’s wallet, anymore.

Long story short, Kraken games will be on king 5 and Kong. 👍

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad