Boston Globe KPD: Patrice Bergeron is taking a beating, so why aren’t the Bruins coming to his defense?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Even if you lose at the end of the night the more important thing in a December game is having the highlights talking about the beating the guy who hit your captain took than 2 pts. If we establish that there are no consequences for hitting Bergeron then every 3rd and 4th line plug is gonna start taking liberties. And if that happens we'll have Bergeron at 80% for the playoffs if we make it.
Yeah, and if we make it. It's one and done.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Another sad part is Frederic doesn’t even realize that is HIS role to stand up for guys being one of the only tough guys.

where the hell is Foligno in all this? What’s he got to say about it? I remember posts lauding his accountability yet there has been none

Even Gryz should jump in (if he was on the ice, haven't seen the game), that's Bergeron we're talking about.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
For a minute there i thought that was cassidy talking.
When you give a 2 hander across the face to another player, especially a guy like Bergeron and the league does nothing? Well, that says it all. The Bruins need to change the mentality of "trusting the league to handle it." There's something really rotten in the NHL and more specifically the DoPS. This won't change any time soon so Sweeney needs to figure out how to protect his meal tickets from predators and the officiating itself. Actually, Bergeron and Marchand are the front office's meal tickets because without them the B's wouldn't have sniffed the finals in 2019 and won't make the playoffs without them.
Allowing to happen what they allowed sends a message league-wide that it's okay to do what Forsberg did. Sad part is that Bergeron knows that if he goes public and makes a comment about that shit for brains Parros he'll be suspended or punished in some way by the COWARDLY NHL DoPS.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Another sad part is Frederic doesn’t even realize that is HIS role to stand up for guys being one of the only tough guys.

where the hell is Foligno in all this? What’s he got to say about it? I remember posts lauding his accountability yet there has been none
IMO both Frederic and Foligno have been neutered by Cassidy and indirectly by Sweeney.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Him, Looch, Thornton, Ference, Campbell, Chara even Krug all would have done something.
Brad Marchand is the only one and it should NOT be his job.

Not every player is the enforcer type and this is fine BUT the Bruins need one or two. They wont stop all of the nonsense but IMO will stop much of it.

Adam was one of the best enforcers of all times and was loved and respected by every guy on the Bs bench as well as most of the fans.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
the sad part is they think no team has ever taken an instigator and still won?

Ironically I can't think of a team assessed the instigator more than the Bruins in recent seasons. Perhaps this is what neutered Bruce but it is something they simply need to accept and play through.

Reactions: BMC

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Ironically I can't think of a team assessed the instigator more than the Bruins in recent seasons. Perhaps this is what neutered Bruce but it is something they simply need to accept and play through.
Over the past 10 years, Boston has had the most fighting majors, and most instigator penalties than any other NHL team. Last season we were 9th in Fighting Majors. This season we are currently 23rd.

This season, 5 of the 7 teams above us in the Eastern Conference standings (Florida, Toronto, Carolina, Washington & Pittsburgh), have fewer fighting majors than Boston.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Brad Marchand is the only one and it should NOT be his job.

Not every player is the enforcer type and this is fine BUT the Bruins need one or two. They wont stop all of the nonsense but IMO will stop much of it.

Adam was one of the best enforcers of all times and was loved and respected by every guy on the Bs bench as well as most of the fans.

I would like to have words with anyone who didn't respect McQuaid.

And by "have words" I mean "may I borrow your baseball bat?" :)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I would like to have words with anyone who didn't respect McQuaid.

And by "have words" I mean "may I borrow your baseball bat?" :)

Maybe it’s just because he was doing games during those two cup runs, but I liked Pierre and miss him.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Indeed it is. Eventually, they will sacrifice Cassidy and his staff. Then, perhaps a shake up in the scouting department.

And then, there won't be anyone left to fire and no one else to hide behind.

Unfortunately none of this will happen until the bruins absolutely crater. No playoff gate for Mr Burns. That will finally get the old man's attention, because money is the only thing he understands.

I wrote recently that Cassidy is a very good coach. I still believe that. But he's bad for the Boston Bruins, their quote culture, unquote; the players; and the fans.

As noted, I've had it with the lot. Get rid of all.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I will likely post this elsewhere, if mods don't mind, the better to prove a point.

David Backes on Bruce Cassidy,

David Backes On Cassidy: ‘We Had Different Views Of How Hockey Should Be Played’

A fish rots from the head, ladies and germs.

Every club in any sport reflects its ownership, its management, its staff, and its coaching.

If the players aren't good enough, or don't put in the effort, etc., that's on them.

More, it's on the coaching staff, the scouting staff, and, ultimately and inarguably, the "managment team" responsible for bringing them together.

Wimpy Bruins who didn't even THINK to stand up for Patrice, etc.

The present "culture" of your Boston Bruins has been wrought by Don Sweeney, Cam Neely, their scouting staff, and their head coach, Bruce Cassidy.

All must go.

The sooner, the better, though as noted previously, this won't happen until the Bruins completely fall through the floor.

Another lost season, another first round gate. That's all that matters to the old man. When the gate is silent, when the money goes dry, then, and only then, will we see change.

Recall, though:

Bruins fans, loyal to a fanatical, masochistic fault, finally voted with their feet in deposing the hapless Mike O'Connell. And banishing, for a time, Harry Sinden. (The Stockholm Brothers brought him back.)

Rediscovery of Bruins DNA, fifteen plus years of excellence and a winning culture fostered, LEST SOME FORGET OR DISMISS, by Peter Chiarelli & Claude Julien, spoiled a lot of folks.

Mediocrity will not do.

Inform the "management group" thus.

Reactions: The National

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I will likely post this elsewhere, if mods don't mind, the better to prove a point.

David Backes on Bruce Cassidy,

David Backes On Cassidy: ‘We Had Different Views Of How Hockey Should Be Played’

A fish rots from the head, ladies and germs.

Every club in any sport reflects its ownership, its management, its staff, and its coaching.

If the players aren't good enough, or don't put in the effort, etc., that's on them.

More, it's on the coaching staff, the scouting staff, and, ultimately and inarguably, the "managment team" responsible for bringing them together.

Wimpy Bruins who didn't even THINK to stand up for Patrice, etc.

The present "culture" of your Boston Bruins has been wrought by Don Sweeney, Cam Neely, their scouting staff, and their head coach, Bruce Cassidy.

All must go.

The sooner, the better, though as noted previously, this won't happen until the Bruins completely fall through the floor.

Another lost season, another first round gate. That's all that matters to the old man. When the gate is silent, when the money goes dry, then, and only then, will we see change.

Recall, though:

Bruins fans, loyal to a fanatical, masochistic fault, finally voted with their feet in deposing the hapless Mike O'Connell. And banishing, for a time, Harry Sinden. (The Stockholm Brothers brought him back.)

Rediscovery of Bruins DNA, fifteen plus years of excellence and a winning culture fostered, LEST SOME FORGET OR DISMISS, by Peter Chiarelli & Claude Julien, spoiled a lot of folks.

Mediocrity will not do.

Inform the "management group" thus.
This should be made into its own thread, so disappointing.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
This should be made into its own thread, so disappointing.

Well, how long have some of us been on about this?

It's basic stuff.

I'm heartily sick of the whole thing. Certain players, certain games and certain results mask the issue, but the issue remains.

It's a drag to think this will go on until everything becomes untenable. That's JJ's MO.

The whole thing is pooh. SweeNeely, Cassidy, Jacobs.

Pooh.

PS They should all be made to wear those awful Pooh Bear third jerseys!

Reactions: The National

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’m pretty sure you all know my thoughts on this topic. This team is an absolute poodle that will be out of the playoffs in 4 games… (if they make it)

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad