Prospect Info: Korshkov stays in Russia

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
If he intended on staying in Russia long-term, he likely would have signed a multi-year deal (2-3 years). A bit bothersome for the staff I would imagine given his draft position (and overage status when selected), but I trust Hunter did his due diligence in probing Korshkov's desire to cross the pond. Probably is an AHL/NHL thing - which is fine, I guess. If he comes over and slots into an NHL position next year no one will care anyways.
or he thinks he will cut a better deal based on a good year.
Who knows, except the Leafs wanted him to come over and he gave us the finger.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
See if this guy can be part of a package for a D man or a 3rd line C.

If he won't sign trade his ass

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Word gets around with Babcock coached teams. Stay in the minors until you've "earned it" over tenured vets.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Fine with keeping him over there another year with an.expansion draft looming.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Fine with keeping him over there another year with an.expansion draft looming.

that might be the main reason, if he's eligible. otherwise, he's only coming over if he has an nhl slot because the khl season would have already started and he would have less negotiating room to go back if he fails to make the leafs. he'd make more in the k than the s.

still, with jvr and bozak not coming back, there are slots to fill so this might be his best opp.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not overly surprised. I don't think he wants to be in the AHL at all and there was probably a very very low chance he would have made the Leafs.

I hope it works out with Korshkov because Hunter passed on DeBrincat, Kyrou and Girard... That wouldn't be good.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Lots of people overreacting in this thread.
It's not a big deal. Let him over-ripen in the KHL and then step in on an ELC when we need him the most.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
With this post I suddenly understood the idea of drafting overagers. Cap management.
Absolutely. I think Korshkov was one of at least 3 overages taken in the same draft.
Realistically, in a lot of cases the Leafs would rather their prospects play overseas instead of the AHL because their contracts don't count towards the 50 contract limit, it staggers when players need to get signed and they can step in as 21-23 year olds and make the league minimum until they're like 25.
Pridham knows what's up.

Reactions: taurine330

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This news of Korshkov staying home should come as no surprise to anyone, as it was very easily predictable based on the evidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad