Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Has anyone watched him play in Utica this season? I see he’s only played 6 games, is he getting scratched or is he injured?

He’s an intriguing prospect given his draft position and production in the WHL, and our desperate need for top 6 wingers for the future.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Has anyone watched him play in Utica this season? I see he’s only played 6 games, is he getting scratched or is he injured?

He’s an intriguing prospect given his draft position and production in the WHL, and our desperate need for top 6 wingers for the future.

Of the Comets' first 8 games he played 6 and was scratched for the other 2. He was injured in the last game he played, 10/20, and has not been reactivated since.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
He's had a couple concussions last few years I believe. Got knocked out cold last year and took a hard one this year. not good for his future.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Thank God for prospects like Hughes, Lockwood, Woo and Madden.....because I can't think of a single first or second year player in Utica who's so far actually enhanced their standing as a solid NHL prospect.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Thank God for prospects like Hughes, Lockwood, Woo and Madden.....because I can't think of a single first or second year player in Utica who's so far actually enhanced their standing as a solid NHL prospect.
MacEwan, Brisbois maybe Juolevi?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Doesn't help that they don't ice AHL level centers on 3 of their 4 lines lately.

Our winger prospects have nothing to work with.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Carcone and MacEwan have established themselves as solid NHL prospects.

there is room, we just chose to be classy and sent him to Toronto while under our payroll. well done j.b.

Dhalen has 4 points in his last 5 games.

Chose to be stupid and spineless.

Dahlen has picked up some points in the PP but has generally been awful. Huge disappointment. 1 ES goal in 21 games.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Remember kids, only even strength goals matter because powerplays don't happen in the NHL and who cares about assists?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Remember kids, only even strength goals matter because powerplays don't happen in the NHL and who cares about assists?

If you are overwhelmed by the pace of play at ES in the AHL and unable to produce there as a skill player, you're never going to make it to the NHL, much less play on an NHL PP.

Dahlen is small and slow and plays entirely on the perimeter with no drive or intensity. Players like this don't make the NHL. He has to find something substantial in his game that he isn't showing now or he'll be a bust very quickly.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
In my opinion Demko and Juolevi are the only two prospects we currently have in Utica that have a reasonable chance to be every day NHL players and have work to do to get there, Juolevi in particular.. Beyond those two MacEwen, Brisebois and Carcone could turn into good organizational soldiers a la Darren Archibald with a lot of hard work, and Jasek and Lind may or may not have some upside, too early to say.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
If you are overwhelmed by the pace of play at ES in the AHL and unable to produce there as a skill player, you're never going to make it to the NHL, much less play on an NHL PP.

Dahlen is small and slow and plays entirely on the perimeter with no drive or intensity. Players like this don't make the NHL. He has to find something substantial in his game that he isn't showing now or he'll be a bust very quickly.

It’s just kind of weird how you’re poo-pooing 4 points in 5 games as bad production.

Here are the names of some players, most of whom were less productive in the AHL at the same age as Dahlen and the rest produced at a similar rate to what Dahlen is producing at now.

Mike Hoffman, Yani Gourde, Chris Kreider, William Karlsson, Anthony Mantha, Brendan Gallagher, Michael Backlund, Michael Grabner, Jake Virtanen, Filip Forsberg, Brandon Dubinsky, Timo Meier, Brandon Tanev, Teuvo Teravainen, Jason Pominville and lots more..

If Dahlen stops getting better right now for the rest of his career then sure he won’t make the NHL just like those guys I mentioned wouldn’t have made the NHL if they stopped getting better at 20.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
In terms of offensive talent? 5 on 5 isn't the best indicator of offensive talent.

I don't think anyone has posted any research to determine if it is or isnt.

But it doesn't matter. His overall production is poor and disappointing and paints a bleak picture of his NHL chances.

What is the relevance to Lind?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So any reports from yesterdays game on the guy whose name is the subject title of this thread guys??

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
4 points in 5 games definitely means that dahlen is a star offensive player.

I just hope one of our defensemen like gudbranson has 4 points in 5 games to show that he’s a true offensive player instead of what the larger sample size says.

Reactions: MS and Jyrki21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad