Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He's already an excellent 4th liner/solid 3rd liner. Only issue has been the injuries over the past 2 seasons.

His offensive production has not been up to snuff to be considered a solid 3rd liner. He'll need to hit at least 20 points for that to be the case.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
He's already an excellent 4th liner/solid 3rd liner. Only issue has been the injuries over the past 2 seasons.
He has shown he is solid defensively and good on the PK, making him a useful roster player. How much do you think his lack of offensive production will hold him back, if at all? He is a little frustrating to watch in the offensive zone because his size and strength should allow him to bull his way to more opportunities. Will he develop into a 10g/25pt guy or does it matter? Is he "a guy Green can win with"? These are the questions I have.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think with Schaller's acquisition, the writing is on the wall for Gaunce. I don't think Schaller is a better player. In fact, I think Gaunce is a better player or should be. But Schaller plays the way Green has wanted Gaunce to play more often and if last season is any indication, Schaller may produce offensively in a way that for some odd reason Gaunce has not. I am actually interested in seeing what would happen if Gaunce comes in and earns a spot over Schaller.

Anyways, where is the Gaunce thread? This is Lind's thread.

There's talk about Lind being tried at C with the Comets. I'm not sure that's a good idea, but he is a good playmaker and he has played some C in juniors. I don't think his game is all that suited to being a C though vs being on the wing.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Gaunce needs an edge. He will never get one. He was an elite minor hockey player who still gets by on his skill set. If he had more offense that would be fine. I rather have a hungry clutch version of him. At least someone who other teams do not like to play against. He could be good injury filler but the upside is very limited at this point so he needs to earn ice for what he is now. opps this is Kole Lind's thread.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gaimce "an elite minor league hockey player'? The numbers just don't bear it out. Goldobin and Boucher are what i'd classify as elite AHL players.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Where did the word “league” come from?
Fairly reasonably filling in the blanks due to the term "Elite minor hockey player" not totally making sense and sounding kind of funny if you mean it any other sense, isn't it?

Did you read it as if it was just two descriptive words? Like, he's a dominant marginal player?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Fairly reasonably filling in the blanks due to the term "Elite minor hockey player" not totally making sense and sounding kind of funny if you mean it any other sense, isn't it?

Did you read it as if it was just two adjectives? Like, he's a dominant marginal player?

I read it to mean that he was an elite minor hockey player - which he certainly was, given he went 2nd OA in the OHL bantam draft.

Reactions: Catamarca Livin

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Manny was an elite 3rd line centre.
But I do agree, I think Gaunce has the hockey IQ and motivation to become a great 4th liner/good 3rd liner.
when other than 1 year was Manny even in the ballpark of an elite 3C? Jordan Staal was an elite 3c

Gaunce is probably neck and neck with Gudbranson with the last players i would pay to watch play. At least Gudbranson might step up and drop them once in a while if he can find someone willing. 12 career points and turning 25 this year lol By comparison Gudbranson is 2yrs older and has 54pts as a defenseman. Let that sink in before you waste anymore time defending his position on the Canucks. Yep starving for some youth to push onto the roster and by 24 he's an adequate 4th line puck dumper...yay

Kole Lind has top6 potential and a very tantalizing skillset.. Has a long ways to go with his strength to put himself in a position to use it. Hoping he transitions to pro better than the end of last year.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Gaunce compares to Lind in what way?

The point isn't to compare them but to show how people get their panties all twisted about players just because they are "first round picks" when really Gaunce's draft position was basically indistinguishable from that of kole Linds and expectations should be set accordingly.

There is a massive difference between 6th oveall and 26th. ("first round picks")

There is almost no difference between 26 and 33. (first round vs second round.)

If Kole Lind carves out a career as a useful bottom six player like Gaunce it would have to be viewed as a success.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I think with Schaller's acquisition, the writing is on the wall for Gaunce. I don't think Schaller is a better player. In fact, I think Gaunce is a better player or should be. But Schaller plays the way Green has wanted Gaunce to play more often and if last season is any indication, Schaller may produce offensively in a way that for some odd reason Gaunce has not. I am actually interested in seeing what would happen if Gaunce comes in and earns a spot over Schaller.

Anyways, where is the Gaunce thread? This is Lind's thread.

There's talk about Lind being tried at C with the Comets. I'm not sure that's a good idea, but he is a good playmaker and he has played some C in juniors. I don't think his game is all that suited to being a C though vs being on the wing.

I didn't mind the Schaller signing in a vacuum but it still seemed kind of redundant because he doesn't do much that others on the team can already do, Gaunce is one of them.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
He's already arguably played like one in the limited opportunities he's had, and looks poised to become one given an extended look, but I think that declaring him one outright might still be a bit premature.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I didn't mind the Schaller signing in a vacuum but it still seemed kind of redundant because he doesn't do much that others on the team can already do, Gaunce is one of them.
The weird thing with Schaller is that even the immediately preceding signings from his (Beagle and Roussell) made him redundant.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
His offensive production has not been up to snuff to be considered a solid 3rd liner. He'll need to hit at least 20 points for that to be the case.

The objective to hockey is to get scored on less than the opposing team. I don't care if Gaunce has 0 points if the goal differential when he's on the ice is better than if it were someone else.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The objective to hockey is to get scored on less than the opposing team. I don't care if Gaunce has 0 points if the goal differential when he's on the ice is better than if it were someone else.

I agree. The reality is that he will inevitably get scored on, and it can often times be difficult to attribute directly to one player or an entire line, especially when it comes to forwards.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
7wjyMV7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad