Player Discussion Koekkoek for Slater

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I though this guy was still in the AHL. I guess Broberg, Niemelainen, Demers, and maybe Murray is not too bad as the defensive depth.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
I was far too hard on him, but to imagine he could be competitive at the NHL level while basically starving himself. All the best to him, sincerely
A reminder to us all that in most cases we have don’t really know what is really going on in most of these players lives, and that they are humans. Our comments and discussions about them can extend past the play in the ice and start to get personal.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
When you read things like this, it's so sad. I hope people who rip players constantly understand that these people are human beings. Not names on a f***ing roster page or stats page
Very true, after now reading 4K's and Hemmer's experiences makes you see how much things can effect a player as even confidence can make a bubble player look like a 100% roster player. Hopefully the Oilers have proper support/help and channels for 4K and the rest of the roster to get help if they need it and lessen/eliminate the stigma that mental health problems can have on players.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
When you read things like this, it's so sad. I hope people who rip players constantly understand that these people are human beings. Not names on a f***ing roster page or stats page
Imagine being a 5’6” NHL player and having 60+ year old retired dudes hating you for being short.

Anxiety sucks! It's one if those things where people who don't have it say- "just force yourself to do it". It's not that easy and pressure just amplifies the problem.
Anxiety can be f***ing crippling. Some people use it to explain their neurotic behaviour but actual anxiety is debilitating at times.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
At least we can all breath easy knowing nobody on this board would ever be classless enough to make derogatory comments about a player or management with no or incomplete information.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad