Post-Game Talk: Knock knock! Who's there? No one. Pens lose to Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Wish I knew. However, judging from the masses here, if he sat Crosby, Malkin, Adams, and Glass for their mistakes, the group would congratulate him for the last two and villify him for the first two.

He can't win with us.

I wouldn't mind it if that's what it took.

Houston Penguin

Texas Pen
Mar 17, 2007
LA & GA to TX
The problem with what you are saying is that the damn coach won't even admit Letang should have had his man tied up. Listen to his post game interview. There was a specific question about that goal and he wouldn't say "we can't let their guys stand behind us in front". He just beat around the bush and made some excuse about it. So when the coach won't hold the players accountable for mistakes or laziness in this case, why would the players hold themselves accountable?

Maybe it's just me, but if I know that he can be fired easily, there's nothing left after that. If I'm skating over him and he gets fired, I'm potentially in deep **** when they next guy comes in because he probably won't be like DB if ownership does what they should.

It shouldn't take DB SAYING that for Letang to realize that. He's a damn professional.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe it's just me, but if I know that he can be fired easily, there's nothing left after that. If I'm skating over him and he gets fired, I'm potentially in deep **** when they next guy comes in because he probably won't be like DB if ownership does what they should.

It shouldn't take DB SAYING that for Letang to realize that. He's a damn professional.

Okay but the coach still needs to coach.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Please explain in as much detail as you possibly can how Glass has "played very well actually". What has he done to help the Pens win any of the games that he allegedly played very well in? What would the Pens lose with him out of the lineup? I want answers.

Seems like he had another great by Glass standards game last night. Zero shots on goal and I'm not sure if he even completed a pass? He was on the PK for the goal against, as he usually finds himself. Nothing that a couple of blocked shots can't forgive, I suppose.

I am really not even going to bother. Point is case is that your mind is far made up and will not change. Furthermore, I cannot remember every single shift of every single game Tanner Glass has played and neither can you.
That is why we have these PGT's. You want answers? It is quite easy to find my post game thoughts in those threads.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's only a matter of time until that rock injures someone playing well.

The best player of the night should get to throw the rock at the worst player of the night. It could be an online poll, that would make me feel like a part of the family.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I am really not even going to bother. Point is case is that your mind is far made up and will not change. Furthermore, I cannot remember every single shift of every single game Tanner Glass has played and neither can you.
That is why we have these PGT's. You want answers? It is quite easy to find my post game thoughts in those threads.

This is the Post Game Thread :laugh:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I wish this team would watch video of the Cup run. Then they would see how far they've devolved.

I have a feeling if Shero and Bylsma watched the '09 Cup run video, they'd realize they still have a few more players they need to re-acquire to get the WHOLE band back together. Hal Gill, come back please! Where's TK at? Philippe Boucher, where art thou!
:)

Wish I knew. However, judging from the masses here, if he sat Crosby, Malkin, Adams, and Glass for their mistakes, the group would congratulate him for the last two and villify him for the first two.

He can't win with us.

This is not a serious post. No coach in their right mind, not Scott Bowman, not Vince Lombardi, not Phil Jackson, is going to sit out completely the two best players on the team. What purpose would that serve, exactly? If they miss curfew, sure...discipline them. But Crosby and Malkin are not the problem. They don't lack effort. They are lacking in results.

Just the fact you put them in the same foursome as two of the worst players on the team is just wrong on all levels. And yet, that's probably Bylsma's list of "most important players".

LMAO, classic.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA

No answer is also an answer. Thanks.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com

No kidding. You asked for a comprehensive breakdown shift by shift of what games I thought Glass played well in this season. Obviously I can't answer that for you. Much the same as if I asked you to analyze a comprehensive breakdown shift by shift you would be unable to do the same.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
No kidding. You asked for a comprehensive breakdown shift by shift of what games I thought Glass played well in this season. Obviously I can't answer that for you. Much the same as if I asked you to analyze a comprehensive breakdown shift by shift you would be unable to do the same.

I didn't ask you for anything. I just found it amusing that when a poster asks you to back up your "Glass has been very good" point, you said "look at my responses in the PGT. That's what they are for" and that's the thread we are in. So it's a pretty reasonable request in the post game thread for you to back up your claim on why Glass played well last night.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
No answer is also an answer. Thanks.

Okay. Flip the question. I want you to analyze shift by shift exactly where, why and how he made mistakes. I'll be waiting.

Instead of smug remarks, perhaps you would be willing to engage in your own test. Or perhaps you would like to give a more realistic question.

Hell, lets not stop there. I want the same from you for Crosby. And Letang as well.
We can then pretend that because you can't do this, or won't take the time to do this that your opinion then on the subject means little and feel self righteous and swell because you posed a completely ludicrous request that someone doesn't have the time to do.

In fact, by your own standards, nobody's opinion in this thread matters because guess what? They didn't analyze the game shift by shift, player by player like you are asking of me. That includes your own opinion homeboy.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
I didn't ask you for anything. I just found it amusing that when a poster asks you to back up your "Glass has been very good" point, you said "look at my responses in the PGT. That's what they are for" and that's the thread we are in. So it's a pretty reasonable request in the post game thread for you to back up your claim on why Glass played well last night.

And I find it amusing that you don't understand how unrealistic the request is. He didn't ask me "to back it up" he asked me to go shift by shift throughout each game he has played" this season.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Okay. Flip the question. I want you to analyze shift by shift exactly where, why and how he made mistakes. I'll be waiting.

Instead of smug remarks, perhaps you would be willing to engage in your own test. Or perhaps you would like to give a more realistic question.

Hell, lets not stop there. I want the same from you for Crosby. And Letang as well.
We can then pretend that because you can't do this, or won't take the time to do this that your opinion then on the subject means little and feel self righteous and swell because you posed a completely ludicrous request that someone doesn't have the time to do.

In fact, by your own standards, nobody's opinion in this thread matters because guess what? They didn't analyze the game shift by shift, player by player like you are asking of me. That includes your own opinion homeboy.

When did he ask for shift by shift analysis? This isn't my debate to have I guess, but why are you getting so defensive about Tanner Glass anyway :laugh:

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
When did he ask for shift by shift analysis? This isn't my debate to have I guess, but why are you getting so defensive about Tanner Glass anyway :laugh:

I'm not getting "defensive" about Tanner Glass. If I am "defensive" it is about the double standard on this board. I don't care if Glass is or isn't on this team. If he plays or doesn't play.

I do however take exception to the blatant ignorance and bias which permiated this board when it comes to certain players.
And it is ignorant to lump Glass and Adams into the same player. Period.
It is ignorant to have the same set of standards for Glass that we have for our scorers.
It is ignorant to judge him based upon things that he wasn't brought here to do.

It would be like people constantly nagging on Malkin because he doesn't throw hammering body checks.

Glass isn't here to pass and score. He isn't here for his puck possession game. He is here to kill penalties, throw his body around, block shots and occasionally fight. Hopefully all while not being a liability on the ice. His line doesn't get scored on often (last night not withstanding) and he has been decent on the kill.

If people are expecting more from him then that is on them because they shouldn't be. Last season he was a big liability in almost every game. This season has been a big difference. We have far to many "experts" on here however who love to mimick each other and as such, the Glass hatred has carried over from last year.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not getting "defensive" about Tanner Glass. If I am "defensive" it is about the double standard on this board. I don't care if Glass is or isn't on this team. If he plays or doesn't play.

I do however take exception to the blatant ignorance and bias which permiated this board when it comes to certain players.
And it is ignorant to lump Glass and Adams into the same player. Period.
It is ignorant to have the same set of standards for Glass that we have for our scorers.
It is ignorant to judge him based upon things that he wasn't brought here to do.

It would be like people constantly nagging on Malkin because he doesn't throw hammering body checks.

Glass isn't here to pass and score. He isn't here for his puck possession game. He is here to kill penalties, throw his body around, block shots and occasionally fight. Hopefully all while not being a liability on the ice. His line doesn't get scored on often (last night not withstanding) and he has been decent on the kill.

If people are expecting more from him then that is on them because they shouldn't be. Last season he was a big liability in almost every game. This season has been a big difference. We have far to many "experts" on here however who love to mimick each other and as such, the Glass hatred has carried over from last year.

Okay so you should be angry at Bylsma then and not us. We aren't the ones playing him with Malkin last year or playing him over Bennett, TK, Vitale in the playoffs or making him a 3rd line winger on a shut down line with Sutter and Adams. Last night Bylsma put him out there for a defensive zone draw against one of the best players in the game. Yeah Glass blocked a bazillion shots on that shift, but guess what, they couldn't get the damn puck out of the zone and it eventually led to the 1st goal of the game.

So I am judging Glass based on the role he has been given by the coach, not the role he SHOULD be playing. Is that unfair? Probably, but that's the reality of the situation.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I might be alone on this... but I'm not much inclined to get all misty-eyed over a player for their ability to step in front of a puck. It used to be a somewhat-unique aspect to certain players' games and, hence, valuable. These days... everyone blocks shots. To the point where it turns many games into an absolute farce and there has even been discussion over truly zany ways to curtail it.

I feel the same way about penalty killing.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
We don't have a single line right now that can routinely hold onto pucks in the offensive zone. That's the main issue right now. The fact we're not scoring goals just may be the excuse we needed to see change up front.

I'm scared to wake up tomorrow and see that there won't be any. Mostly b/c that tells me DB is as stupid as I always thought him to be. And what that means for our Cup hopes this year.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't think Glass has been very good. I don't remember who said it, either Ogre or Shady, but they were spot on last night:

Glass gets a lot of hits and blocks a lot of shots because he never has the puck. That's a commonality with any line he's on: they never have the puck. Glass is not good with the puck. He is not good at getting the puck. I would rather have a player who is good at getting and keeping the puck but can't block a shot than Glass.

Just my two cents. And no, I don't think you can just say "Glass and Adams aren't a big part of the team's problems."

I think they are.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't think Glass has been very good. I don't remember who said it, either Ogre or Shady, but they were spot on last night:

Glass gets a lot of hits and blocks a lot of shots because he never has the puck. That's a commonality with any line he's on: they never have the puck. Glass is not good with the puck. He is not good at getting the puck. I would rather have a player who is good at getting and keeping the puck but can't block a shot than Glass.

Just my two cents. And no, I don't think you can just say "Glass and Adams aren't a big part of the team's problems."

I think they are.

Sounds like something I would say so it must have been Ogre :laugh:

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Even though we lost last night, Maatta was awesome and in my mind, the best defenseman all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad