Kitchener Rangers 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
It's been mentioned before but confirmed now Kyle Gentles will suit up for WLU this upcoming season.
Article by JB in the Record

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Good to see the guys sticking in town. Also adds to the amount of former Rangers in the battle of Waterloo for CIS.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
FROM THE WEBSITE.......
The 2019 edition of Canada's national under-17 development camp will be held July 21-26 in Calgary, Alta., with six teams (Black, Blue, Gold, Green, Red, White) on the ice for game action.
All games will be streamed live at HockeyCanada.ca

Note that games don't start til Weds and teams are not yet listed so we'll have to wait to see what team Pinelli is on.

2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge | Hockey Canada

Gained a 1/2 inch and 5 lbs since the draft apparently. Although Elite Prospects has him at 6'0" 176 and NHL Draft Blackbook has him at 6'0" 178. ;)

Francesco PinelliL6'0"17704/11/03Stoney Creek, Ont.Toronto Red Wings (GTHL)KIT 2019 (1/13)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Of course, we'll have to wait til he gets back from camp to continue the "signing watch". And when MM said (as per Brown's article) that Pinelli "He's got gear and skates and everything for next year" did he mean Rangers gear?

Pinelli list himself 0n Instagram:
upload_2019-7-20_8-25-8.png

And on his private Twitter account:
upload_2019-7-20_8-26-23.png

Positive I suppose...

Reactions: OhSheila

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
FROM THE WEBSITE.......
The 2019 edition of Canada's national under-17 development camp will be held July 21-26 in Calgary, Alta., with six teams (Black, Blue, Gold, Green, Red, White) on the ice for game action.
All games will be streamed live at HockeyCanada.ca

Note that games don't start til Weds and teams are not yet listed so we'll have to wait to see what team Pinelli is on.

2019 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge | Hockey Canada

Gained a 1/2 inch and 5 lbs since the draft apparently. Although Elite Prospects has him at 6'0" 176 and NHL Draft Blackbook has him at 6'0" 178. ;)

Francesco PinelliL6'0"17704/11/03Stoney Creek, Ont.Toronto Red Wings (GTHL)KIT 2019 (1/13)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Of course, we'll have to wait til he gets back from camp to continue the "signing watch". And when MM said (as per Brown's article) that Pinelli "He's got gear and skates and everything for next year" did he mean Rangers gear?

Pinelli list himself 0n Instagram:View attachment 245609

And on his private Twitter account:
View attachment 245611

Positive I suppose...

the fact that it doesn’t say prospect in his bio means he considers himself as a player on the team. I’ve never doubted he’d be here. he’s got all his equipment already. just waiting for a signature

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
the fact that it doesn’t say prospect in his bio means he considers himself as a player on the team. I’ve never doubted he’d be here. he’s got all his equipment already. just waiting for a signature

Mitch Marners bio still reads he plays for the London knights lol. I'd look a lot deeper than a twitter bios.

You are right. He is likely coming but I wouldn't take any twitter bio as any source or anything.

I do find it weird that he has had his contract and hasn't signed it. People keep saying it's because he wants to focus on the tourney and camps but wouldn't you think that a signed contract with the Rangers would give you an extra boost? People are going to be asking him about it.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Mitch Marners bio still reads he plays for the London knights lol. I'd look a lot deeper than a twitter bios.

You are right. He is likely coming but I wouldn't take any twitter bio as any source or anything.

I do find it weird that he has had his contract and hasn't signed it. People keep saying it's because he wants to focus on the tourney and camps but wouldn't you think that a signed contract with the Rangers would give you an extra boost? People are going to be asking him about it.

the thing with Marner’s is that it’s a running joke now. he changed it to an ad for a bit and since put “LK93” back there

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
MORE ON the Team Canada Under 17 dev camp this week. You can watch the game LIVE on HockeyCanada.ca

Francesco Pinelli (#13 in 1st round by Kitchener) is on RED TEAM
at the Under 17 Dev Camp for Team Canada

Rosters

OHL notables on TEAM RED:

Goalie Josh Rosenzweig (Niagara 2019)

Defense
Logan Mailloux (London 2019)

Forwards
Braeden Kressler (from Kitchener) (Flint 2019)
Ryan Del Monte (Barrie 2019)
Connor Lockhart (Erie 2019) taken #3 in the 1st round

You can watch the GAMES (All games will be streamed live at HockeyCanada.ca)

Weds July 24 at 9:45pm EST
vs GOLD (OHL Liam Arnsby 9th NB; Isaac Enright 13th NB)

Thurs July 25 at 6:15pm EST
vs BLUE (OHL Brennan Othmann 2nd Flint; Brandt Clarke 4th Barrie)

Fri July 26 at 12:45am EST
vs BLACK
(Shane Wright 1st Kingston; Danny Zhilkin 14th Guelph; goalie Ben Gaudreau 7th Sarnia)

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I guess he is going for the pro-career instead of education. OHL players lose their free Uni after a certain amount of time correct?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
looking at the overagers thread, it does not seem like it’s going to be easy to find a suitor for Luke Richardson. a lot of teams have 5 or 6 guys and the one that don’t already have a starting goalie (assuming they’re not gonna take Richardson and use an OA card on a backup).

maybe he goes CIS a year early like Culina did before coming to the Rangers?

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
True. Still forgoes the free education by heading off to Europe.

Hell likely get some chances over there. Could make some half decent money but I would have taken the education.

Usports is really good hockey, the same options and leagues he's played in and heading too would have been available to him after graduation.

However he is a married man. Could have been some pressure on him to do something or maybe he's gotten some bad Intel from an agent only wanting to make a few bucks

Reactions: rangersblues

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Hell likely get some chances over there. Could make some half decent money but I would have taken the education.

Usports is really good hockey, the same options and leagues he's played in and heading too would have been available to him after graduation.

However he is a married man. Could have been some pressure on him to do something or maybe he's gotten some bad Intel from an agent only wanting to make a few bucks

didn’t know he was married. doesn’t surprise me however as pro hockey players tend to get married younger for the stability and what not

Reactions: OHLFan1995

K2

Jun 11, 2015

The better ECHL guys typically only make $600-700 a week during the season while Darby could easily be on a $100k+ contract in the Czech Extraliga. Seems like a better opportunity to keep having fun and make some good money than the ECHL or his current Summer gig (LinkedIn) as a sales rep for Cutco knives.

As far as CHL scholarship eligibility goes, there's only an 18month window allowed to give minor pro hockey (ECHL, etc) a try so Darby isn't just now losing out on the scholarship $.

Last edited:
Reactions: OHLFan1995
Mar 12, 2009
The better ECHL guys typically only make $600-700 a week during the season while Darby could easily be on a $100k+ contract in the Czech Extraliga. Seems like a better opportunity to keep having fun and make some good money than the ECHL or his current Summer gig (LinkedIn) as a sales rep for Cutco knives.

As far as CHL scholarship eligibility goes, there's only an 18month window allowed to give minor pro hockey (ECHL, etc) a try so Darby isn't just now losing out on the scholarship $.
It appears the team he's signed with is not in the Extraliga but in Czech2 (probably the a similar situation to the SHL and Allsvenken's relationship in Sweden).

Reactions: K2 and robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

This has to be fixed at some point. These OHL players give so much for their careers, they should have more time afterwards to figure out their lives and explore their options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad