Kitchener Rangers 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
With all due respect K2, McMaster has lost most, if not all of his value post-draft and really isn't a highly coveted piece. Meanwhile, I think you're severely under-rating Langdon.

Respectfully, re-read my post if you wish or just kindly excuse my ambiguity ;)

As mentioned, I favor keeping Langdon and am unsure McMaster has a breakout year in him though I doubt he's lost most/all his value since 2016 as you suggest. At 18, splitting the season on ho-hum teams he scores 51 points (half of Akil Thomas' 102 but 8 fewer than Blade Jenkins and 15 more than Billy Moskal) which probably leaves him around a B+ in desirability still & not quite a Mitchell Dempsey II.

Bottom line, I think we need a productive 2000 forward if we're truly 'going for it' and we'll have to spend big (picks &/or prospects) if we want to land one, even a 'sub-primer' like McMaster.

Last edited:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Pinelli breakaway in the Under 17 game vs Gold

First goal of the game.....rushes to the net before the D can react

Reactions: K2

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
wow. first shift of the game for Pinelli featured 2 faceoff wins, a good scoring chance and a missed breakaway

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
wow. first shift of the game for Pinelli featured 2 faceoff wins, a good scoring chance and a missed breakaway

for anyone watching or that watched the first game:

I haven't seen any player comparisons and I've only seen a couple shifts of this game, but does anyone else see a Matthews comparison the way he drives the puck up the middle of the ice and gets in the zone, either feeds it off to one of his wingers or gets a shot past the D and somehow manages to get it right back in the corner

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
for anyone watching or that watched the first game:

I haven't seen any player comparisons and I've only seen a couple shifts of this game, but does anyone else see a Matthews comparison the way he drives the puck up the middle of the ice and gets in the zone, either feeds it off to one of his wingers or gets a shot past the D and somehow manages to get it right back in the corner

Okay this kids really good. who's gonna go to Pearson to watch his plane land? Francesco and dine? Wait outside his house? what if he gets offer sheeted?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Yesterday's Red game was a blowout. Blue rolled right over them. (three shorthanded goals in an 84-second span late in the first period) Didn't see Pinelli all that often but when I did, he showed what a great 2-way player he is. Even when Blue swarmed him, he backhanded the puck out of there but unfortunately, his team mates were nowhere to be seen. I also couldn't understand why the coach didn't switch things up especially on the PP. Many chances...no goals (0 for 7)...no Pinelli who had 2 goals the prior game. Hmmmmm?

Here's hoping their game today at 12:45pm against Black is a better one. Black features Shane Wright and Danny Zilkin. The team has yet to win.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Yesterday's Red game was a blowout. Blue rolled right over them. (three shorthanded goals in an 84-second span late in the first period) Didn't see Pinelli all that often but when I did, he showed what a great 2-way player he is. Even when Blue swarmed him, he backhanded the puck out of there but unfortunately, his team mates were nowhere to be seen. I also couldn't understand why the coach didn't switch things up especially on the PP. Many chances...no goals (0 for 7)...no Pinelli who had 2 goals the prior game. Hmmmmm?

Here's hoping their game today at 12:45pm against Black is a better one. Black features Shane Wright and Danny Zilkin. The team has yet to win.

Nope. Beat 5-1 despite outshooting Black. Just the same, Pinelli does stuff like this. Imagine him on a line with Langdon and Valade. (video clip by Caitlin Berry)

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
OK........Under 17 is over so surely Pinelli will sign this week! A scout at the Under 17 had him in the top 15 forwards despite Pinelli being on a weaker "team". Let's get this done. August is just days away...

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
OK........Under 17 is over so surely Pinelli will sign this week! A scout at the Under 17 had him in the top 15 forwards despite Pinelli being on a weaker "team". Let's get this done. August is just days away...
from what I watched, he was definitely a top forward in the camp and IMO the best on his team. him and #11 seemed to be the go-to's on Red but Pinelli was more consistent

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

I don't think it's about "let's" get this done. I'm sure if it were up to the Rangers, he'd have signed around the same time as Motew.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I don't think it's about "let's" get this done. I'm sure if it were up to the Rangers, he'd have signed around the same time as Motew.
One would think if Pinelli really wanted to be a Ranger he would have signed by now. Something in the mix has to be holding this up. It's obvious he is going to be a skilled prospect so why have the Rangers not got his signature on paper yet?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
One would think if Pinelli really wanted to be a Ranger he would have signed by now. Something in the mix has to be holding this up. It's obvious he is going to be a skilled prospect so why have the Rangers not got his signature on paper yet?

i’ve mentioned it a few times earlier (and it’s purely speculation) that i think it has something to do with getting the brother involved as well. that would probably a tough negotiation because the family would probably pushing for the top education package seeing that he’s not commit to an NCAA school. not sure how it works but I’d imagine that if you are on a B card instead of an A you might not be able to get the full package ??? and I don’t think they want to use an A card on him.

if that’s the case, it’s tough negotiating by the agent and family. Kitchener presumably tried to lure Pinelli in by getting his brother the year before, so now they’re going to have to go all in on Anthony to get Francesco.

I don’t see a situation where Francesco isn’t a Ranger at this point, however, with or without his brother on the team. I think they’re just trying to squeeze as much as they can out of it. it’s not gonna be something where he jeopardizes his career and plays in a lower junior league to prove a point

Reactions: EvenSteven

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
i’ve mentioned it a few times earlier (and it’s purely speculation) that i think it has something to do with getting the brother involved as well. that would probably a tough negotiation because the family would probably pushing for the top education package seeing that he’s not commit to an NCAA school. not sure how it works but I’d imagine that if you are on a B card instead of an A you might not be able to get the full package ??? and I don’t think they want to use an A card on him.

if that’s the case, it’s tough negotiating by the agent and family. Kitchener presumably tried to lure Pinelli in by getting his brother the year before, so now they’re going to have to go all in on Anthony to get Francesco.

I don’t see a situation where Francesco isn’t a Ranger at this point, however, with or without his brother on the team. I think they’re just trying to squeeze as much as they can out of it. it’s not gonna be something where he jeopardizes his career and plays in a lower junior league to prove a point

that being said, Pinelli makes a very strong case to be better than Gordon. Tresoor return is unlikely. he might even be better than Dickerson

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
that being said, Pinelli makes a very strong case to be better than Gordon. Tresoor return is unlikely. he might even be better than Dickerson

Based on our projected lineup, and your points about Gordon, Tresoor and Dickerson, I can see management finding room for Anthony on the roster. But if someone on a FA tryout impresses, it may get sticky.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
UNDER 18 TEAM CANADA selection camp......Sebrango 43 on Team White. Won 4-1 vs Red yesterday. Game tonight at 5pm.....and tomorrow at 12:30pm. All the best to Donovan for a chance to play for Canada in the Hlinka Gretzky Cup Aug 5 to 10.

Schedule and Scores

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Rangers have tweeted: How about three player signings over the next three days to break up the dog days of summer? Stay tuned.

Pinelli, Bergkvist, and Ottovainen?.......
Would be my guess as well!!
Those are the three obvious players unless a player(s) from previous draft yrs or free agent from the NCAA.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Rangers have tweeted: How about three player signings over the next three days to break up the dog days of summer? Stay tuned.

Pinelli, Bergkvist, and Ottovainen?.......
Would be my guess as well!!
Those are the three obvious players unless a player(s) from previous draft yrs or free agent from the NCAA.

kind of frustrating that they’re stretching it over 3 days. the euros usually don’t come over and sign in person. they could easily announce the 2 of them the day of the Pinelli signing. kind of leads me to believe there might be an unexpected signing

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
kind of frustrating that they’re stretching it over 3 days. the euros usually don’t come over and sign in person. they could easily announce the 2 of them the day of the Pinelli signing. kind of leads me to believe there might be an unexpected signing
I was surprised that they even told us that signings were coming in advance. Perhaps just adding a little "excitement" to the week. :wave:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
#2 Sebrango at the Under 17 selection camp........puts a great shot on net resulting in an assist. He looked good throughout the game....positioning....speed.....some hitting here and there...

Caitlin Berry vid capture:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad