Kitchener Rangers 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Perhaps just adding a little "excitement" to the week. :wave:

It's working, maybe they're pulling out all the stops to sell those last 105 season tickets!

I'd guess the Pinelli fam finally accepted that Francesco would be OK to leave home. Not sure there was ever enough latitude in squeaky-clean Rangerland to support all the conjecture surrounding Anthony but maybe he's all set up to be one of the three? ;) It would seem a slight stretch that both Euros are cleared to sign & already here but that could definitely be ... as could Fishman, Wu OR maybe Santa & The Easter Bunny got involved and it's Roman Schmidt :vhappy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
It's working, maybe they're pulling out all the stops to sell those last 105 season tickets!

I'd guess the Pinelli fam finally accepted that Francesco would be OK to leave home. Not sure there was ever enough latitude in squeaky-clean Rangerland to support all the conjecture surrounding Anthony but maybe he's all set up to be one of the three? ;) It would seem a slight stretch that both Euros are cleared to sign & already here but that could definitely be ... as could Fishman, Wu OR maybe Santa & The Easter Bunny got involved and it's Roman Schmidt :vhappy:

I’m pretty sure Fishman is already signed. I’d take a bet that it’s the 3 players we all think it is.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Are you sure on Fishman, thought it was with Georgetown or Vaughan that he signed with?

Elite Prospects & @OHLInsiders report him signed to OJHL's Toronto Jr. Canadiens.
Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 9.51.09 PM.png

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

I’m sure Anthony would sign the same day as Francesco. I also think they would announce Ottavainen and Bergkvist same day because neither of them will be coming here to sign.

my guess is still Pinelli and the imports. Ottavainen coming over has been the worst kept secret in a while.

but to keep things interesting, I’d like to see Pinelli, an import (or both in 1 day) and an American

K2

Jun 11, 2015
I’m sure Anthony would sign the same day as Francesco. I also think they would announce Ottavainen and Bergkvist same day because neither of them will be coming here to sign.

IMO Anthony is still likely only a main camp invitee.

Imports do sign here (last two mainstream draftees Hugg & Liska did I think?) but it's more likely in about 3-4 weeks unless they're here for an advance visit.

Hopefully it's Francesco Pinelli, (at least) one import and/or a big surprise.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The only ones that make sense are Pinelli and the imports. Fishman, Wu and Martin likely wouldn't sign until after camp starts if at all this year. How much ice would they get here this year realistically? I expect them to get huge minutes at the lower level.

Any Schmidt or Caden Brown signing I'd expect to happen next off season if at all. What kind of talent is Caden anyway? Logan was a first rounder who came to the league as a 16 year old. With that in mind, you'd have expected Caden to go in the higher rounds if he was a higher end talent. Just asking.

And we still don't have a backup. I can't see Pfiel, a 19 year old, backing up again this year. Especially since the first choice is Ingham as an OA the following year. Certainly we wouldn't be looking to Pfiel as the starter in his OA season without having been a number one at this level prior.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
The only ones that make sense are Pinelli and the imports. Fishman, Wu and Martin likely wouldn't sign until after camp starts if at all this year. How much ice would they get here this year realistically? I expect them to get huge minutes at the lower level.

Any Schmidt or Caden Brown signing I'd expect to happen next off season if at all. What kind of talent is Caden anyway? Logan was a first rounder who came to the league as a 16 year old. With that in mind, you'd have expected Caden to go in the higher rounds if he was a higher end talent. Just asking.

And we still don't have a backup. I can't see Pfiel, a 19 year old, backing up again this year. Especially since the first choice is Ingham as an OA the following year. Certainly we wouldn't be looking to Pfiel as the starter in his OA season without having been a number one at this level prior.
Agree 100% with everything.
Ín my opinion, if we are correct on Pinelli and the imports signing. The only weak spot in this yrs team is the backup goalie (like almost all teams)

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
And Rangers Nation breathes a huge sigh of relief. Glad he's signed!

I'm super pumped about Francesco. He's going to be one of the few first rounders who can make an impact in their very first year in the OHL. He'll be fun to watch.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Super exciting news. One question, did CCM make some changes to the jersey?? Looks different in the most recent Instagram post

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
if you look back to the Liska and Hugg signings, they both made it official in person when they reported to training camp at the end of August. Logistically that is the smartest time to do it unless they aren't going to do the next 2 in person.

I want to be shocked by at least one of the signings. not worth the anticipation posts put out by the Rangers social media people if it's gonna be the guys we've been expecting to sign since April and June.

one guy never really talked about was development camp invitee Alex Farmer (Alexander Farmer if you try to find his elite prospects). 40 points in 27 games in USPHL this year. scored 3 goals in camp. 4 points in 5 games at the USA dev camp this summer. appears to be a dual citizen. no commitment

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I want to be shocked by at least one of the signings. not worth the anticipation posts put out by the Rangers social media people if it's gonna be the guys we've been expecting to sign since April and June.

I agree 100%. I hope they haven't teased the fan base with signings that are expected. I want to be a little shocked too.

Reactions: K2

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Alex Farmer ... 40 points in 27 games in USPHL this year. scored 3 goals in camp. 4 points in 5 games at the USA dev camp this summer. appears to be a dual citizen. no commitment

Worth an invite to main camp if he'll come, likewise Brayden Stannard another Spring camp FA invite (w/NCAA) that was listed as coming to camp but didn't (?).

What kind of talent is Caden anyway?

Looked only average to me in one game last year & totally unlike Logan in terms of stature, shot & on-ice presence. Could blossom in USDP/NCAA/etc yet but ...

I want to be shocked by at least one of the signings.

Me too but only Schmidt would be truly shocking.

Fishman is an eventuality and quit possibly a roster/rotation player after main camp. If Wu is as confident as he looks and feels ready to jump, he could have an opportunity here ... especially if Pfiel is the only other BUG candidate.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Worth an invite to main camp if he'll come, likewise Brayden Stannard another Spring camp FA invite (w/NCAA) that was listed as coming to camp but didn't (?).

Looked only average to me in one game last year & totally unlike Logan in terms of stature, shot & on-ice presence. Could blossom in USDP/NCAA/etc yet but ...

Me too but only Schmidt would be truly shocking.

Fishman is an eventuality and quit possibly a roster/rotation player after main camp. If Wu is as confident as he looks and feels ready to jump, he could have an opportunity here ... especially if Pfiel is the only other BUG candidate.

Schmidt would be a shock for sure. Totally expecting the two imports.

With Ingham in net, will Pfeil be the other goalie? I'd rather see Woo start getting his OHL experience. He will either be the future in net or he won't but not getting him in net earlier on like the other rookie players do, isn't a great idea.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Whos surprised by this raise their hands!!!

Hmmm no one? Thought so!
as much as I love Sebrango, there might actually be some. there were I wanna say 6 or 7 defence in the camp that were ranked to go in the first 3 rounds of next years draft. but, they didn't even have Sebrango in their top 100 so what do they know ;)

very happy for Donovan to get the recognition he deserves for the season he had and selection camp that he had (didn't watch any camp games, but he obviously played well enough to make it).

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019

I don't think that Roman or Caden are signing however what would be a good surprise is seeing Kyle Van Compernolle and Colin Purcell sign with the team. Kyle has came to both spring traing camps as well as last year traing camp so I assume he would be interested. Colin was at this years spring camp and expressed his interest publicly that he would be greatfull to play here with the rangers video crew (RANGERS VISION: Spring Camp – Colin Purcell Interview – Kitchener Rangers). Personaly if it is not the two imports I would be very happy with these two signings.

Kyle Vancompernolle at eliteprospects.com
Colin Purcell at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: hockeyfan9102

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I don't think that Roman or Caden are signing however what would be a good surprise is seeing Kyle Van Compernolle and Colin Purcell sign with the team. Kyle has came to both spring traing camps as well as last year traing camp so I assume he would be interested. Colin was at this years spring camp and expressed his interest publicly that he would be greatfull to play here with the rangers video crew (RANGERS VISION: Spring Camp – Colin Purcell Interview – Kitchener Rangers). Personaly if it is not the two imports I would be very happy with these two signings.

Kyle Vancompernolle at eliteprospects.com
Colin Purcell at eliteprospects.com

they both just commit to NCAA schools recently following development camp so I'd say it's an outside shot but I wouldn't mind seeing them here either

Reactions: Mein Yak

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
they both just commit to NCAA schools recently following development camp so I'd say it's an outside shot but I wouldn't mind seeing them here either

I just think that is more likely that we see these two over guys like Roman and Caden. However I truly believe that these next two announcements will be regarding the imports.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I just think that is more likely that we see these two over guys like Roman and Caden. However I truly believe that these next two announcements will be regarding the imports.
so do I. it's obviously a good thing but why such a build up for 3 signings that were made to seem almost inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad