Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Well it was not a pretty game, just scraped out on the backs of a great Ingham performance

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
And what is with Ingham's pads? I am surprised the refs are letting him take as long as he is. If it is more than a minute, don't we require to put in the backup?

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Nice win today. Ottawa was missing some guys sure, but we still won the game and that’s what matter. Hope the guys can start to play a fuller 60 minutes and get that road win off their backs on Wednesday!

Brad Palmer

Sep 21, 2012
I'm late to the sweater discussion, but love the topic, so I thought I'd chime in.

I think our home and away uniforms are the best in hockey (whether Kitchener or New York). I agree with the idea that we should do away with the red thirds, which would bring some excitement back to the Remembrance Day sweaters every year. Since those are a one-off, you can get more creative with them (you could even do green or black/yellow for one game, and bring back some tradition from around the Region).

I've always found the red helmets (New York has blue and white) gives us the distinct Kitchener flare, and actually looks better.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I've always found the red helmets (New York has blue and white) gives us the distinct Kitchener flare, and actually looks better.

Will agree with this 100%. They pop real nice on the white ice!

I never really realized the wanting for the reds to be away with, I don't think it will happen any time soon as looking around the arena they seem to sell pretty well. I honestly think it's the best jersey in hockey but thats just me!

Reactions: SYWTom

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
NHL Central Scouting released their preliminary rankings today and they are pretty laughable.

Only Rangers ranked are Ottavainen and Sebrango, they got C’s.

among those rated ahead of Valade/Langdon/McDonnell are:

Luke Evangelista (2 points in rookie campaign)
Ethan Cardwell (played in the OJHL, AP’d for Saginaw)
Dylan Robinson (played Jr. B)
Brendan Kennette (cut from Sarnia Sting, twice)

Last edited:

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
NHL Central Scouting released their preliminary rankings today and they are pretty laughable.

Definitely a head scratcher some of those rankings. How Valade played down the stretch last year, how isn’t he above those guys? Very odd

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Definitely a head scratcher some of those rankings. How Valade played down the stretch last year, how isn’t he above those guys? Very odd
He has also had an amazing start to the season. Unfortunate it seems to have gone without noticed.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
What’s nice is that Reid got mentioned by Steve Kournianos as someone that deserved a mention on this list.

He’s @ TheDraftAnalyst on Twitter. Always like his work. He’s an independent scout, so there’s no politics involved. (IMO)

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
What’s nice is that Reid got mentioned by Steve Kournianos as someone that deserved a mention on this list.

He’s @ TheDraftAnalyst on Twitter. Always like his work. He’s an independent scout, so there’s no politics involved. (IMO)

the guy who I have since realized is you in the replies is absolutely correct. how do guys that didn’t crack OHL squads and play limited games get ranked where Reid didn’t? he checks all the boxes in that he’s quick/skilled, he was drafted in the 1st round in the OHL a year ago, put up a *decent* amount of points (absolutely killed it in the 2nd half) and has had a great start to this season

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
the guy who I have since realized is you in the replies is absolutely correct. how do guys that didn’t crack OHL squads and play limited games get ranked where Reid didn’t? he checks all the boxes in that he’s quick/skilled, he was drafted in the 1st round in the OHL a year ago, put up a *decent* amount of points (absolutely killed it in the 2nd half) and has had a great start to this season

I thought I saw him hanging out in the hallway at Sunday's game? Any word on when he might be back?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I thought I saw him hanging out in the hallway at Sunday's game? Any word on when he might be back?
Jay McKee said on radio that he could be practicing as early as mid-week this week. potentially this weekend or shortly after for games i’d assume

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Little bit off topic but Evan Mcgrath had retired not to long ago.

Was a big fan of his. Had a disappointing go after junior in North America but played pro for 13 seasons.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

People need to realize that these mean nothing. This list means as much as the weekly chl rankings do at this time of year

Dickerson got named on this list a year ago. Look how that has turned out.

Why don't you wait until April and then get mad.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Even in April, it can't always be taken seriously - at least the entire list.

This is the same bunch who had Jeff Skinner ranked early in the second round. 34th or 35th. It was the year of "Taylor or Tyler".

The answer to that question was "Jeff", (for their rookie year anyway) who won NHL ROTY.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
People need to realize that these mean nothing. This list means as much as the weekly chl rankings do at this time of year

Dickerson got named on this list a year ago. Look how that has turned out.

Yes, they evidently had not watched Dickerson. for one I don’t think central scouting was watching a 14th round OHL pick in a Junior C game the year prior and he wasn’t necessarily lighting the OJHL up to the point where he’d warrant an NHL pick

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Still got to put together a full 3 periods. Another game where there were signs of a great team, however one with a lot of warts to work on.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Hopefully, lesson learned on Weds night. Quite the barrage from OS and thank goodness for Ingham!! Great to see Rangers roar back 3-1 but you can't let up or you'll get burned. Looking forward to the Windsor game tonight.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Wednesday nights game was one of the most entertaining I've seen .

Both teams play a similar style.
As expected early in the season , there were a lot of turnovers.
The pace was high, some weird goals,and some great saves.

Fitting the result came down to the final shot .

Your Rangers have a fine team this season .

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
SPORTSNET CHL POWER RANKINGS - 10 ROOKIES TO WATCH 2019-2020 (Oct 10, 2019)

5. Francesco Pinelli, F, Kitchener Rangers: Pinelli wore the “C” and put up 114 points for the perennial powerhouse Toronto Red Wings minor midgets a year ago. He’s stepped right into Kitchener’s lineup and has been able to score goals in five of his first seven OHL games.

Here's the article:

CHL Power Rankings: 10 rookies to watch in 2019-20 - Sportsnet.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad