Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Couldn't be at the game last night and I must admit that when I saw the pummeling Rangers were taking in the 1st, I thought....here we go again. But it looks as though the Rangers took it to them in the second and then finished them off in the 3rd. Loved that Meireles returns and has a goal already.....Damiani is on fire.....and yes, Pinelli scores (5 goals in 5 games). Looking forward to Sunday's game!! (oh....and a RANGERS uniform....not the Kitchener Minutemen one)

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Couldn't be at the game last night and I must admit that when I saw the pummeling Rangers were taking in the 1st, I thought....here we go again. But it looks as though the Rangers took it to them in the second and then finished them off in the 3rd. Loved that Meireles returns and has a goal already.....Damiani is on fire.....and yes, Pinelli scores (5 goals in 5 games). Looking forward to Sunday's game!! (oh....and a RANGERS uniform....not the Kitchener Minutemen one)

........And a nice little hip check by the linesman on Petizian! LOL! Nothing serious but a humourous moment and Mikey took it with a chuckle.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Damiani with the goal of the season for the team so far. What a great goal to get the team going.

Also I love when we wear the Reds, probably my favourite hockey jersey there is! I have one with Bracco on the back, may need to acquire an up to date one with Pinelli.

Reactions: SYWTom

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Damiani with the goal of the season for the team so far. What a great goal to get the team going.

Also I love when we wear the Reds, probably my favourite hockey jersey there is! I have one with Bracco on the back, may need to acquire an up to date one with Pinelli.

The Reds are nice "sweaters" (we're in Canada, lol), but I'm not a big fan of thirds. As a traditionalist, it grates on me when they wear them. My favourite are the whites. They look so bright under the lights.

And to be honest, this third has been around way past it's due date in my opinion. Time to change it up.

I suggested a take on the NYR lady liberty 3rds a while back. They'd look awesome especially with that silver trim. Do it in white and instead of lady liberty, have the Ranger shield we see at centre ice across the front.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
The Reds are nice "sweaters" (we're in Canada, lol), but I'm not a big fan of thirds. As a traditionalist, it grates on me when they wear them. My favourite are the whites. They look so bright under the lights.

And to be honest, this third has been around way past it's due date in my opinion. Time to change it up.

I suggested a take on the NYR lady liberty 3rds a while back. They'd look awesome especially with that silver trim. Do it in white and instead of lady liberty, have the Ranger shield we see at centre ice across the front.
Those third jerseys lost their appeal to me about 4 years ago!

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I love the red jersey, it’s our own Kitchener Ranger jersey. Unique to our team. But I’m also a New Jersey Devils fan, so I’ve always had an inner struggle liking the NYR style design.

Reactions: robertmac43

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
We also get another jersey every Remembrance Day. Never a shortage for jersey designs here. But those are obviously harder to get your hands on.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I'm always down to mix it up, would definitely support a new third.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I didn't realize people were getting tired of the Reds. I think one of the main reasons I find them so appealing is what @SYWTom was alluding too with it being our own Kitchener unique jersey. I would be open to the team switching away from the red one if they brought in a new Kitchener Rangers specific jersey to wear more consistently than the remembrance day jersey.

Reactions: SYWTom
Mar 12, 2009
I don't mind the reds. No worse than a lot of the Remembrance Day jerseys imo. I get the sentiment, and we've had some good ones, but there have been several that didn't do anything for me.

Reactions: EvenSteven

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Guess the league decided no suspension for the LeGuerrier hit last weekend. Hope your player gets well soon.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
This discussion has me thinking, what are people's favourite remembrance day jerseys?

I would say the earlier ones. Mainly because the concept has sort of worn out with me. I'm like ho-hum when they are unveiled every Remembrance Day. The last few years it seems like they're reaching in trying to find a different design.

A lot of this has more to do with my being a traditionalist and not liking a third jersey to begin with. Maybe if we did away with the third jersey, just went with the blues and whites, maybe I'd look forward to the Remembrance Day jersey unveiling a little more.

But I understand the concept and the reason why we do the Remembrance Day jersey and I'd like that to continue.

My two big issues with our current Remembrance Day jersey is that they are red. The New York Rangers, who we were derived from, are known as the blueshirts yet here we are wearing red. Makes no sense to me. People have said to me that the reds are nice jerseys and nice colors. My answer back is, so are the old Kitchener Greenshirt jerseys and colours and the Waterloo's traditional black and gold. But I don't wanna see the Kitchener Rangers wearing them.

And, take a look at that jersey, there's nothing there that says Kitchener anywhere. I suppose you can look on the shoulder caps and see the logo. My idea of a third jersey, if we must have one, is that lady liberty model with the Ranger shield on the front of it. That way, the word Kitchener is written right across the top of that shield.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
And, take a look at that jersey, there's nothing there that says Kitchener anywhere. I suppose you can look on the shoulder caps and see the logo. My idea of a third jersey, if we must have one, is that lady liberty model with the Ranger shield on the front of it. That way, the word Kitchener is written right across the top of that shield.

True it does not say Kitchener anywhere but it is still ours. I like the classic look of the home and away jerseys, does not change that it's New York's jersey.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Big game today!
Ottawa is a good team and one of the favourites to win the OHL this year. Should be a good test for the team.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
True it does not say Kitchener anywhere but it is still ours. I like the classic look of the home and away jerseys, does not change that it's New York's jersey.

We could make those ours too. The NYR have RANGERS on one jersey and NEW YORK on the other. Not sure if it's home or away.

We could do the same here. KITCHENER on one or both the whites and blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad