Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
No issue with either going to Ottawa.

From what I understand, from a very good source, that player's family you're referring to who didn't get along with the Rippon family, and vice versa, now watches their son play with the Generals.

Ah! Yes I often forget that he is an ottawa boy as well.

I like the 67's organization. Always love going up to ottawa for games as well. Wouldn;t mind seeing some of the lads up there lacing them up.

Reactions: BarberPole9

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Would Meireles for 2 x2nds + 1 3rd be reasonable?

Despite the theories around the deal, Lucas Rowe went for two 2nds and a 3rd. I think BB set the market with that trade moving forward. Hes also a moron lol.

I would think that could get it done. I just have a feeling prices, even for depth might be stupid because of a few bone headed moves by a GM or two early this season.

I like Greg. He would add a lot more value to a contender then he gets credit for.

Reactions: rangersblues

RangerDanger

Jun 23, 2012
By Athletic Communications | November 17, 2018
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - BC sophomore forward Jacob Tortora has elected to depart the men's hockey program to pursue other opportunities.

Tortora has played in four games this season with a pair of assists. He skated in 38 career games for the Eagles with 15 points on six goals and nine assists.

Reactions: BarberPole9 and LDN

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Also wanted to put out there that since December 16th, 2017 Lipanov has 2 goals and 6 assists (3 of them are secondary helpers) in 42 games playing at 5VS5. He's had a lot of points on the power play but 8 points at 5 on 5 was never worth what was paid for him. Thinking MM is regreting that deal. Its unfortunate because he is someone who could have brought back a nice return had we decided to sell him at the dead line.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Also wanted to put out there that since December 16th, 2017 Lipanov has 2 goals and 6 assists (3 of them are secondary helpers) in 42 games playing at 5VS5. He's had a lot of points on the power play but 8 points at 5 on 5 was never worth what was paid for him. Thinking MM is regreting that deal. Its unfortunate because he is someone who could have brought back a nice return had we decided to sell him at the dead line.

Tougher to sell imports than NA players - especially those that underachieve.

I'd like the picks back that we moved to bring him in. Since the rule change limiting how far in the future you can deal picks, 3rd rounders became more valuable.

Regarding Meireles, I'd like a compensatory pick back should he play an OA season.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
By Athletic Communications | November 17, 2018
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - BC sophomore forward Jacob Tortora has elected to depart the men's hockey program to pursue other opportunities.

Tortora has played in four games this season with a pair of assists. He skated in 38 career games for the Eagles with 15 points on six goals and nine assists.

Not exactly the offensive output that would justify sacrificing two 2nd rounders.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Rangers worked for the win in Barrie. Jonathon Yantsis comes through again. He sure has it all together this season. The effort has always been there, but the skill and smarts are now matching that effort. He's in the right place at the right time and powering goals into the net.

Sure hope the injury to Riley Damiani isn't a serious one. He had a goal and 2 assists when he had to leave the game.

Last edited:

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Rangers worked for the win in Barrie. Jonathon Yantsis comes through again. He sure has it all together this season. The effort has always been there, but the skill and smarts are now matching that effort. He's in the right place at the right time and powering goals into the net.

Sure hope the injury to Riley Damiani isn't a serious one. He had a goal and 2 assists when he had to leave the game.

Looks like a couple weeks at least.
Kitchener clipping of Colts comes at a cost - KitchenerToday.com

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

Not sure why Yantsis is such a surprise. We were watching in carefully last year as we always have a soft spot for 4th liners.....Especially the harder working ones. That whole line worked there butts off, got some steady playoff experience and were not a liability. We say great things coming albeit not THIS great! We will forever remember that 2 goals game against Guelph in the playoffs even though it was a blowout. And lest I jinx him, maybe hoping for a 50 goal year?

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Hats off to Damiani on a breakout night....oh.....wait......no hats off.

Well, maybe if Ranger Authentics brought down the price of some of their gear? Just saying...... Hey, better marketing idea........maybe sell some cheapies for those games that a player has a couple of goals by the end of the 2nd period? ;-)

Mar 12, 2009
Not exactly the offensive output that would justify sacrificing two 2nd rounders.
Hard to compare OHL to NCAA points wise due to average age being quite a bit higher...I mean it's a small sample, but Bracco only had 3 points in 5 games (and those came in 1 game) and then came here to put up well over a PPG.

If he wanted to come here, but MM didn't feel it's worth the picks at this point, can the team turn him away or are they obligated to take him in that case?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
At the same time, I am thinking he wouldn't decommit for a rebuilding team.

Now im wondering if the Rangers may have told him they will trade his rights if he signs.

Now this is interesting. Weird that it stayed quiet all day. lol

Look at his stats at Boston......something off there.
Jacob Tortora at eliteprospects.com

So what's "other opportunities"? Ranger Danger says maybe Barrie....but who knows....maybe London's in the mix since they will likely take a run this year. Might be a great opportunity to put some picks in the cupboard.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Well, maybe if Ranger Authentics brought down the price of some of their gear? Just saying...... Hey, better marketing idea........maybe sell some cheapies for those games that a player has a couple of goals by the end of the 2nd period? ;-)

Yeah, "hat trick" hats. Nice.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Tortora back to Barrie. Kitchener Rangers and Barrie Colts Announce Trade – Kitchener Rangers

If I'm not mistaken, we get to keep the conditional picks we had initially traded for his rights, and then get 2 conditional 2nds and a 3rd for his rights and our 5th round pick. Would have been nice to get some closer 2nds, but if this is how it shakes out it's not a bad haul for simply holding his rights for a couple years.

That is how I understand the return as well.
Good haul for holding rights. MM was good on this deal too.

BogeyJ

Jan 5, 2016
That is how I understand the return as well.
Good haul for holding rights. MM was good on this deal too.

Agreed, well done MM. This trade really re stocks the cupboards assuming he reports which I would assume is more than likely.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
Despite the theories around the deal, Lucas Rowe went for two 2nds and a 3rd. I think BB set the market with that trade moving forward. Hes also a moron lol.

BabyBranch pays two 2nds and a 3rd for Rowe then a few weeks later trades for a 12th ... Hunter/Branch/funny smell ... gotta wonder. Which haul, the gold or the turd, was BB's mark :laugh:

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

I want to say I'm surprised.

Troy is a great guy but he has failed on multiple levels to get the best out of his teams. Teams that should be good under achieve. He plays favorites and doesn't do the best job.

I think there is a place in the CHL for Troy Smith. He is good at recognizing talents. Wonder if he trys his trade on the GM side of things. Might be better suited for it.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I want to say I'm surprised.

Troy is a great guy but he has failed on multiple levels to get the best out of his teams. Teams that should be good under achieve. He plays favorites and doesn't do the best job.

I think there is a place in the CHL for Troy Smith. He is good at recognizing talents. Wonder if he trys his trade on the GM side of things. Might be better suited for it.
It was hard to watch it twice as my posts indicate from his hiring. I wish him all the best in the future.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I wonder what the conditions are in the Tortora deal. Obviously if he reports. But do we get all three or are one or two of the picks conditional on him playing an OA season?

Hope not. We had conditions on Brent Peterson playing an OA season too.

Mar 12, 2009
I wonder what the conditions are in the Tortora deal. Obviously if he reports. But do we get all three or are one or two of the picks conditional on him playing an OA season?

Brown said the 2nd and 3rd are conditional on him playing this season, the other 2nd is conditional on him playing his OA year.

Reactions: EvenSteven

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

Speaking of Brent,

He is playing in the ECHL for Orlando right now averaging a point per game (A little less) (13 points in 14 games) after 3 years playing in the CIS.

Unfortunate he didn't play an O/A season but I get it.

I was talking to Josh (Former rangers player) who is really close with him and he said he just got tired of promises. Worked hard and was often told he was a key part but would play 10-12 minutes a night. I didn't mind him as a player but I can understand wanting to just start something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig