Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I am envious of the Soo's ability to play fast, in your face hockey where they finish every single check. I wish we'd follow this recipe.

What I'm not envious of is their obnoxious goal song plucked right out of 2008 and their even more obnoxious "woo" after goal announcements. It's like they scoured the hockey world looking for the most annoying ideas to copy.

Reactions: bobber

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Kitchener has a good fast rugged team. I think it will get worse in the third as I think the refs lost all control of this game

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
John Cosman was attempting to buy the Rangers. At the AGM they showed a letter he wrote to the New York Rangers to see if it was possible to purchase the team. Before the Rangers became a community team, they were a farm team of the New York Rangers. The Rangers were sold by the New York Rangers to a Community group lead by Eugene George, under the stipulation that it always remain a community based team, owned by the season ticket subscribers and run by a group of directors and executive elected by them. Cosman was not challenging the organization, he was trying to buy it.

His goal was to buy the Rangers and he tried to pull a fast one to do so.

But some of the issues he brought forward vs the current directorship were justifiable. But when it was all said and done, his reason for bringing the stuff up was to get the public on his side to strengthen his hidden agenda.

Reactions: rangersblues

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I am envious of the Soo's ability to play fast, in your face hockey where they finish every single check. I wish we'd follow this recipe.

What I'm not envious of is their obnoxious goal song plucked right out of 2008 and their even more obnoxious "woo" after goal announcements. It's like they scoured the hockey world looking for the most annoying ideas to copy.

Some would say that a goal song is a success if it gets under the skin of opposition fans and players.

Reactions: Pucksindeep94

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Some would say that a goal song is a success if it gets under the skin of opposition fans and players.

In fairness, if that was our goal song, my team would be getting a nasty email. That thing is not only awful, but get some originality. Everyone and their dog used it for much of the 2000s. Thankfully most moved on.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Not sure why people think the Board of Directors has all this power. Most are there for free season tickets. They have no say in who gets hired or fired. I believe someone already mentioned that the "Hockey Executives"make some decisions. They also have a GM in the building that was hired to oversee the day to day operations of the team interest.

It's the executive committee of the board of directors who make the decision as to who fills Steve B's position.

The executive committee is made up of long time directors. Some of which have been directors to get the perks. Many of which have no hockey background aside from being fans. The executive committee is elected by the directors.

There are no "Hockey Exectutives" to my knowledge. If there is, they're doing a pretty good job hiding their identities and existence.

Reactions: rangersblues

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
It's the executive committee of the board of directors who make the decision as to who fills Steve B's position.

The executive committee is made up of long time directors. Some of which have been directors to get the perks. Many of which have no hockey background aside from being fans. The executive committee is elected by the directors.

There are no "Hockey Exectutives" to my knowledge. If there is, they're doing a pretty good job hiding their identities and existence.
I think one director told me once Mike Mohr was on the executive once. The three I know are or were in it for freebies. One quit years ago and all he did was complain about other directors. The other guys are at every game. One has honorary life time season tickets as a long time director. They basically sold 50\50 and other side tasks. I have no issues with them doing what they do as volunteers if it helps keep things going. Guess that is how they have to run things.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
We were out today and surprised that the Rangers beat the Soo. Hard to figure out this Jekyll and Hide group of players but we will take the win and run.

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018

You don't like Rick Flair? =(

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
You don't like Rick Flair? =(
Good game! But why can't Mckee keep it going. We seem to be a car that starts straight and then after a while goes off the rails. We are inconsistent. But a good coach will make us consistent. That is my point.
I took the cue from what Montreal did. Geoff Molson did a press conference at the end of last season and publicly said everybody scored a failing grade. Now look what has happened. Give pressure not cronyism its like anything in life, generally better results will follow or else your on the chopping block. Kitchener has a rich history in hockey, respect it.

Reactions: Houndsfan22

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
We were out today and surprised that the Rangers beat the Soo. Hard to figure out this Jekyll and Hide group of players but we will take the win and run.

It was a super entertaining game. Who would of thought that the Rangers could hold the mighty Soo to 3 shots in the 1st period. Now Soo woke up in the 2nd but the Rangers fought back. Down 3-2 at the second, they tied it up in the 3rd and then Yantsis with a beauty to win in OT. From zeros to heros......good for them

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
What gets under my skin is not that silly song....but the fact that all 3 stars were from the Soo??? In a loss. Travesty.

Rock 101 broadcasters also did't agree with the 3 stars. Not sure how all 3 were Hounds. I can see O'Rourke and Villalta maybe. 1 or the other. Both at most. But at least Yantsis should be 1st star and Meireles in the mix of stars.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
In fairness, if that was our goal song, my team would be getting a nasty email. That thing is not only awful, but get some originality. Everyone and their dog used it for much of the 2000s. Thankfully most moved on.

We like in the Soo. Their job isn't to please fans of other teams.

Reactions: Houndsfan22

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
It was a super entertaining game. Who would of thought that the Rangers could hold the mighty Soo to 3 shots in the 1st period. Now Soo woke up in the 2nd but the Rangers fought back. Down 3-2 at the second, they tied it up in the 3rd and then Yantsis with a beauty to win in OT. From zeros to heros......good for them
I dont think they would've tied it up if it was not for the Power Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad