Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Sounds good, Missy needs a bit of grit. He must play a bit bigger then his size? Listed at 165 lbs.

Honestly, looking at his weight would concern me too if I did not know the player. But I'm here to tell you that his weight means nothing. This kid doesn't mind stepping up for a teammate and has done so above his weight class on more than one occasion.

He took a slapshot to the face that did damage in the fall and missed some time. It's only a few games ago he got the cage off after he returned before Christmas. But through all that, it has not affected his game one iota. The more I talk about it, the more I do not want this player traded.

I'd love to have him be one of our OA's next season.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I don't normally look at weight and size, until Missy got pushed around some. The two biggest guys they had were McLeod and Tippy when looking down the roster and those two you didn't want rough housing around. Sounds like a great OA next year if the deal happens. Great info, it's appreciated!!

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Wow...not the 19 year old I wanted to see go. But if it means we get fair value for him I’m all for it. I still wish they would ship at least one more 19 year old out. This would weaken the team this year and next forcing MM hands to trade away next year too. I think anyone can see this year or next year will not be the Rangers year to step up and go for it. I’m wouldn’t be dead shocked if McHugh actually gets a chance to play pro next year either. He is the one 19 year old (besides Hugg) that I could see moving on. His speed is pro level for sure. His heart is pro level. Sometimes that’s enough for a team to say let’s give him a chance.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I agree on McHugh. One of my favourite Rangers. Kid has speed to burn. In the Gold Cup he stood out the most of the Ranger draft picks there. These 99s have something more valuable than some players being offered. They had a good run in the play offs and picked up a ton of experience. Has to be worth something to a GM taking a run this season or next,

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Wow...not the 19 year old I wanted to see go. But if it means we get fair value for him I’m all for it. I still wish they would ship at least one more 19 year old out. This would weaken the team this year and next forcing MM hands to trade away next year too. I think anyone can see this year or next year will not be the Rangers year to step up and go for it. I’m wouldn’t be dead shocked if McHugh actually gets a chance to play pro next year either. He is the one 19 year old (besides Hugg) that I could see moving on. His speed is pro level for sure. His heart is pro level. Sometimes that’s enough for a team to say let’s give him a chance.
Jives one would think in a rebuild season like what this is suppose to be would they not want to see an improvement in the standings next year and the year after? Just asking:)

Last edited:

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Jives one would think in a rebuild season like what this is suppose to be would they not want to see an improvement in the standings next year and the year after? Just asking:)

I don’t see a problem in taking a 2 year break from the playoffs. I think if you trade away the 5 19 year old in question right now that this year we are screwed (and I like it) and next year we would have a lot of trouble too (which I’m ok with). Forces MM to unload Damiani next year too which puts a big smile of my face.

This would give us lots of picks to really spend when we need to and also have an elite 16 and 17 year old on the team (drafts for this summer and next).

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016

It’s possible this team could finish lower next year for sure. Especially if we sell some guys off.
I would hesitate to say it will happen tho, just because I think players are going to develop and hopefully GROW over this season and offseason.

Our 16 year olds are starting to come around. Sebrango looks like a big piece. Langdon reminds me of Damiani (Farwell mentioned this actually as well) but lacking that motor, maybe he could find that spark. Obviously you can see what Valade could be, great speed and starting to show some vision. processing the game at the higher speed to make plays with the puck like his previous seasons at this level IMO is starting to come around.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I don’t see a problem in taking a 2 year break from the playoffs. I think if you trade away the 5 19 year old in question right now that this year we are screwed (and I like it) and next year we would have a lot of trouble too (which I’m ok with). Forces MM to unload Damiani next year too which puts a big smile of my face.

This would give us lots of picks to really spend when we need to and also have an elite 16 and 17 year old on the team (drafts for this summer and next).

Makes some sense. If we find ourselves out of the playoffs or barely making it next year, no reason why we cannot contend the year after.

Look at Saginaw and where they finished last year. If we go into the 20-21 season with a team of 01's and 02's ready to contribute in a big way on a contender, and bring in a 1st rounder that year the caliber of a Perfetti who is s factor right now as a 16 year old, we'd be right there.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
It’s possible this team could finish lower next year for sure. Especially if we sell some guys off.
I would hesitate to say it will happen tho, just because I think players are going to develop and hopefully GROW over this season and offseason.

Our 16 year olds are starting to come around. Sebrango looks like a big piece. Langdon reminds me of Damiani (Farwell mentioned this actually as well) but lacking that motor, maybe he could find that spark. Obviously you can see what Valade could be, great speed and starting to show some vision. processing the game at the higher speed to make plays with the puck like his previous seasons at this level IMO is starting to come around.

If these players are as good as you're suggesting we will not miss the playoffs next year.

Reactions: bobber

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

The reason we have Sebrango was because we had two picks in the second round this year. When we move whoever we move at this deadline, I'm hoping to get at least one more second round pick for this draft in return. Preferably two.

Along with our first round pick, if we were able to bring four 16-year-olds into camp in September that came from the first two rounds of the draft, it would put us in good shape going into a contending season.

These guys would be in their draft year in a contending season.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

I think if this team finishes lower next season you will see more empty seats in our barn for sure. Too many years of mediocre hockey and the prices keep rising.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
You're seeing now what your 99's are really worth in this trade market right now. Surely not worth the Player + 2'nd, 2'nd, 3'rd picks you were mentioning on here earlier!

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
You're seeing now what your 99's are really worth in this trade market right now. Surely not worth the Player + 2'nd, 2'nd, 3'rd picks you were mentioning on here earlier!

A bit silly as it suggests all of the 99s are of similar value.

Most intelligent Ranger fans knew McHugh would fetch the lowest price of the 5, which is partly why most wanted to keep him.

Surely you don't think Meireles will go that cheap?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
have to remember that any pick in 2021 and on are of value if they want to go on a run that year. 2023 3rd could be a valuable piece down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad