Signing(s): Kirk Cousins to Minnesota

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Where's the talk? This guy is literally the most ripped apart player in the league yet he's 0.1 behind Wilson for QB rating at the very top of the leagye. He's more or less playing perfect football in the 8 wins the Vikings have, yet no one has mentioned his name as even a slight contender for MVP, instead ripping him apart for the Chicago and Green Bay games and going with Cook on the Vikings for MVP talk, despite the Vikings picking up a few wins with him being completely contained in the run game. Never seen someone so unfairly criticized. You can say all you want about his play in the past, but he's stepped up in big moments since that Bears game, and has been playing lights out since.

Reminds me of people hating Tony Romo for whatever dumb reason.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It was so much fun to hate Tony Romo but at the end of the day more than half the league dreamed of having a QB as good as him for as long lol
Yeah, and it sucks for him that by the time Romo was playing his absolute best and maybe with the best roster around him, his body had broken down to the point where each of the last three hits he took knocked him out for multiple weeks.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If he had a backbreaking play at the end I'm sure this would have been bumped so curious to see if anyone wants to speak up about what he did at the end of the game today

Reactions: SnS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If he had a backbreaking play at the end I'm sure this would have been bumped so curious to see if anyone wants to speak up about what he did at the end of the game today

I've been very critical of his play in important moments but he came up big today. That deep ball to Thielen was ridiculous.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

His OT should earn him a lot of reprieve and silence doubts about his ability to come up when it matters. Biggest moment of the year and he gets a crucial third down to Diggs for 11, the huge play to Thielen, and then the TD on third down to Rudolph. That was clutch.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Cousins is what he is to me. Kinda like a Romo, where he gets overrated and underrated at the same time.

If he had the same exact stat line and the Vikings lose cause the defense couldn't stop nobody or Cook or somebody had a crucial fumble, the "can't win big games" narrative would be in full force.

Yea he's had some tiny moments in big games like the GB game Week 16 he was bad, but the OL also sucked. Then there's the Seattle MNF game where the loss wasn't on him at all. They also beat the Cowboys on SNF this year.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
He had a decent game yesterday and did enough to beat a good team, with Brady and Rivers in decline and Big Ben a question mark Cousins has probably snuck into the lowerhalf of the top 10 Qbs, not elite but still good to sometimes very good

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
If he had the same exact stat line and the Vikings lose cause the defense couldn't stop nobody.., the "can't win big games" narrative would be in full force..

Poppa, I appreciate u referencing (& referring to) the 'narrative'.
Most people readily recognize that political news outlets are biased.. but they seem oblivious to biases within sports media. The "can't win big games" has become a parroted, media talking point among haters of traditional pocket passers.
And unfortunately I notice a lot of deranged, face-painted fans, (guys w/their cars & yards decked out in tacky team items).. just repeat this Cousins-bashing narrative without examining if media criticism & praise is applied evenly to other QBs. I won't elaborate more, because I've been gently moderated in the past.. but u make a good point. peace

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Cousins has achieved the same so far as the last Vikings QB. So much that I can't even remember his name.

Cousins was brought in because he was supposed to be a substantial upgrade and was paid as so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad