Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 3)

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Oh goodness, I’d give it a full season before I really get worried, even then, I’d give him the start of next before officially being “worried”.

He seems to be aware he can be better. I’ll give him more than just the benefit of the doubt. Let him work through it; patience!!

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Analytics favored his line last night and he's not an 8% shooter. Russo is being overdramatic.

Based on my eye test, a healthy amount of that seemed to come from Rossi and Boldy, but I'm still not worried

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Oh goodness, I’d give it a full season before I really get worried, even then, I’d give him the start of next before officially being “worried”.

He seems to be aware he can be better. I’ll give him more than just the benefit of the doubt. Let him work through it; patience!!
This is how I feel long term, not as concerned, but purely from a this season perspective it’s worrisome to me. He looks (to me) like he needs another off season training session to get the legs back to where they were pre-injury. I say this as someone who dealt with a leg injury myself and had skating issues for a long time afterwards, but I do not know his exact situation.

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
Only thing somewhat worrying to me is he has continued the trend since game 2 of the playoffs last year that he doesn't seem to want to hold onto the puck for any meaningful amount of time. The only time he skates with the puck seems to be when he's trying to beat 4 guys on a zone entry. He needs to get back to controlling the flow of play in the offensive zone.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems to fumble the puck way more than he used to. Still seems to have his legs, which is good.

I'm blaming his off season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He seems to have lost that extra gear that made him one of the league's best players. He never really got it back after the Stanley hit.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
He was absolutely horrible against the Stars. If he isn't injured, I would like Evason to explain to us why Kap was excused from what was suppose to be a "tough" practice yesterday.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If the coach truly doesn't know, then perhaps he should ask Zucc. And if Kap is hiding something, then it's a pretty selfish move on his part.

This is the first time I've heard that Kap may not play in Sweden.

Kirill Kaprizov's health suddenly a concern as sinking Wild head to Sweden

“A little banged up,” Evason said a day after the Wild lost their third in a row and ninth in the past 12.

Evason was then vague when asked if this has been something bothering Kaprizov for a while and whether it could be the reason he has looked so off.

“I don’t know,” he said. “All our performances are affected a little bit right now.”

One reason Evason is being vague might be that he honestly doesn’t know if this is new or has been bothering Kaprizov. If it is something that’s been lingering, Kaprizov has kept it to himself and hasn’t made the team aware of any ongoing treatment for it.

So, perhaps this is something that just popped up recently or during a terrible performance by Kaprizov and the team as a whole Sunday in a humbling 8-3 loss to Dallas.

Evason indicated the Wild aren’t certain Kaprizov will be healthy enough to play against the Senators and Maple Leafs in Sweden next weekend. He is still expected to travel, but the Wild also recalled defenseman Daemon Hunt from Iowa before their flight.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
He was absolutely horrible against the Stars. If he isn't injured, I would like Evason to explain to us why Kap was excused from what was suppose to be a "tough" practice yesterday.
A trade in the works. Must be. Or maybe a groin injury, he looks terrible on ice.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They aren't going to trade him. Not gonna happen. It's most likely an injury.....probably a lingering one from last season.

He's not being traded because the GM knows he'll be out of a job if he did.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He doesn't look hurt, but he doesn't look very interested either. He even yawns when he gets a question about his confidence :laugh:

People yawn for lots of reasons, it’s often a sign of high level processing or memory recall, especially when also looking up as he does here.

Highlight for me was if he knows any Swedish: “only the bad words” lol

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
From Russo's sitdown with Dean:

Is Kirill Kaprizov hurt? What’s gone on with him?

I think his injury took a lot out of him. He comes back and plays two games and then the playoffs, and he’s still in recovery mode. He’s had it looked at again this year. I don’t want to give secrets out, but that’s a hard injury to recover from. Has that affected his ability to have the pace? Yes, 100 percent. I do believe that. Kirill Kaprizov is trying his ass off. He just hasn’t found his skating pace that we are accustomed to.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
It's a tragedy if Kaprizov can't fully recover, and if the Wild may have lost him as a superstar. Thinking about Dumba, he was never the same after his injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00