Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Theofanous information is self evident for all that has been reported. KK has singer/model GF in Russia...I think Moscow based? You ask me whether she would rather be in MPLS/ LA, NYC, or Miami, given her profession?
LOLWUT?!? Never heard anything here in Russia.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
stephanie malikova is who hes rumored to be dating. Shes not a singer, her father is.
What about his other 3-4 "girlfriends"? All rumors. As he does not speak openly about his personal life it is the usual gossip jounalists sport to attach a potential girlfriend to Kaprizov every two or three months. We are at least through 4-5 names by now. Malikova s just one of them. Maybe he was/s is even dating some or one of them, but there is no real substance to those rumors, especially in connection to his contract talks. He NEVER struck me as a guy who would be affected by anybody's influence, other than maybe his parents.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
What about his other 3-4 "girlfriends"? All rumors. As he does not speak openly about his personal life it is the usual gossip jounalists sport to attach a potential girlfriend to Kaprizov every two or three months. We are at least through 4-5 names by now. Malikova s just one of them. Maybe he was/s is even dating some or one of them, but there is no real substance to those rumors, especially in connection to his contract talks. He NEVER struck me as a guy who would be affected by anybody's influence, other than maybe his parents.

i agree with the second half of the statements here. but if you watch both of their instagrams you can see theyve been flirting and have been taking vacations together this summer due to photos posted at the same days in the same places. So id say this is probably somewhat accurate.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
From Russo in a real-time update on the Athletic:

"Obviously, a lot changes quickly in this ongoing saga, but as of now, I'm getting the impression things are gaining traction in the Kirill Kaprizov negotiations. Let's see where it goes."

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
i agree with the second half of the statements here. but if you watch both of their instagrams you can see theyve been flirting and have been taking vacations together this summer due to photos posted at the same days in the same places. So id say this is probably somewhat accurate.
I am certinly not going instagarm-spying:laugh:. But yeah, as I said, it is possible he dates somebody from that list, but it certainly does not affect the contract talks.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Neat, only about a month after it should have been
It’s a lose/lose as a fan. If it’s for the 5 year, 9M deal that’s been on the table for a month, then I’m annoyed with kirill. If it’s much more than that, I’m annoyed Guerin further overpaid a player that is already being grossly overpaid.

We’re taking all the risk at whatever number he comes in at. I would’ve stopped at 8M.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s a lose/lose as a fan. If it’s for the 5 year, 9M deal that’s been on the table for a month, then I’m annoyed with kirill. If it’s much more than that, I’m annoyed Guerin further overpaid a player that is already being grossly overpaid.

We’re taking all the risk at whatever number he comes in at. I would’ve stopped at 8M.

If it's around the 5x9 rumored contract then we'll just have to assume they were negotiating the structure, bonuses, trade protection pieces. It's definitely annoying that it took a month for them to sort those things out. A month that would have been useful in getting him ready for training camp and pre-season. But I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what opportunities this leads to for Fiala or Boldy if Kaprizov isn't there on October 15th.

I'd hope Guerin is smart enough to not outbid himself when he was offering 5x9, but if it comes out as 4x9 and 5x10 or something it'll be a little frustrating.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If it's around the 5x9 rumored contract then we'll just have to assume they were negotiating the structure, bonuses, trade protection pieces. It's definitely annoying that it took a month for them to sort those things out. A month that would have been useful in getting him ready for training camp and pre-season.

But I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what opportunities this leads to for Fiala or Boldy if Kaprizov isn't there on October 15th.
It should be an exciting offense. Probably to exciting to also draft Shane Wright, unfortunately

Reactions: AKL

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Depends on how the contract is structured.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Just get it done already! Better than oct 31 like gaborik, if we survived that this was nothing right?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
A 76 point pace isn’t going to cut it anymore. You want to be paid like a top 10 winger in the league, you have to produce like one.

I think we're paying for his goal scoring. We need 35+ goals per 82 at minimum for these five years.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

I'm with you. He is overpaid at 9M. The only thing that makes it slightly palatable is that these should be his peak years, though you can argue peak years are from 22-26.

Successful teams don't overpay players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino