Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
So Michael Russo claims the Wild offered Vegas Kaprizov, but Vegas chose Tuch? Anyone buying this?

I read that Kaprizov, Greenway, and Tuch's names were all discussed. But that does not mean the Wild offered Vegas Kap. Maybe VGK asked and we turned them down.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Goose312 did add a transcription of one of Russo's radio interviews on the trade board that adds a little more info. It sounds like the story he got from Tuch's agent was that all 3 were offered and Vegas chose Tuch. However, I think Russo's in the habit of double-sourcing stuff like this before publishing it; I'd guess the most he could confirm with other sources was "discussions."

So the "pick one of these 3" story comes from the agent of the selected player, who wasn't actually there for the conversation. The most that anyone else will cop to is "discussions." Not sure that I'd put a ton of confidence in either story being the whole truth.

It's a little funny how nervous everyone gets about Kaprizov, though :laugh: Seems like he wants to play in the NHL and the Wild seem like they'll be thrilled to get him.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Goose312 did add a transcription of one of Russo's radio interviews on the trade board that adds a little more info. It sounds like the story he got from Tuch's agent was that all 3 were offered and Vegas chose Tuch. However, I think Russo's in the habit of double-sourcing stuff like this before publishing it; I'd guess the most he could confirm with other sources was "discussions."

So the "pick one of these 3" story comes from the agent of the selected player, who wasn't actually there for the conversation. The most that anyone else will cop to is "discussions." Not sure that I'd put a ton of confidence in either story being the whole truth.

It's a little funny how nervous everyone gets about Kaprizov, though :laugh: Seems like he wants to play in the NHL and the Wild seem like they'll be thrilled to get him.

Kaprizov's ability to finish would probably win the Wild 5-10 more games per season and push us into the next round of the playoffs :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The same thing could be said about Kaprizov wanting to come over to the NHL and play. It's all rumor at this point. There's no direct quote from him saying he's coming here next season. Just rumors from the Wild side of things. There's rumors that he's staying in Russia from their press too.

I hope he comes over to the US, but in reality he's a late round pick. He'd be nice to have, but if it doesn't pan out, then o well not many late round picks do.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Fletch's priority is to win this season. So actually offering Kaprizov over Tuch makes sense, since the latter might be an NHL player this season. Could have gone down differently but offering Kaprizov is certainly a possibility.

What's the earliest date Kaprizov could sign with Minnesota?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Fletch's priority is to win this season. So actually offering Kaprizov over Tuch makes sense, since the latter might be an NHL player this season. Could have gone down differently but offering Kaprizov is certainly a possibility.

What's the earliest date Kaprizov could sign with Minnesota?

After Moscow is eliminated from the Playoffs, would be the absolute earliest (I think). STL had a Russian come over for the Playoffs last year.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The same thing could be said about Kaprizov wanting to come over to the NHL and play. It's all rumor at this point. There's no direct quote from him saying he's coming here next season. Just rumors from the Wild side of things. There's rumors that he's staying in Russia from their press too.

I hope he comes over to the US, but in reality he's a late round pick. He'd be nice to have, but if it doesn't pan out, then o well not many late round picks do.

Yeah I think there's a legitimate question whether he does come over at this point, so I get why some people are nervous. He's playing for one of the richest KHL teams and could possibly cash in on a bigger contact over there. I would be surprised if he did sign long term, and I certainly expect him to come over, but by no means do I think that's a done deal.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Time to close this thread for a pt2. Even most NHL players on the team don't get this much discussion. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad