Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
"Can" and "will" are to very different terms. I can play the lottery and win millions of dollars. I don't think I ever will win that money.

It's from his dad, is he the agent for Kap? I'm thinking I lost something in translation of the article.
Everything is correct there. CSKA knows that Cyril wants in the NHL and try to push him through his father. They probably promised golden mountains.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
As far as I am aware, Kaprizov's father is not his agent. But I think we all should still be wary of the possibility that he stays in Russia.

The Wild haven't even spoken with Kaprizov directly and he's only got 1 year left on his contract in the KHL. If he comes over, it'll be because he's guaranteed a roster spot.

The thought of a player like Kaprizov in a BB system makes me stiff.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i fully expect russia will try to keep him , i hope he isnt forced to defect to join us. must be ruff , hes so good everybody wants him!

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
i fully expect russia will try to keep him , i hope he isnt forced to defect to join us. must be ruff , hes so good everybody wants him!
His new team can pretty much ruin him, they play "horrible hockey" if you trust Kucherov. :)

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
There are a few unsubstantiated Twitter rumors that Kirill Kaprizov, the Wild's hot-shot 2015 fifth-round pick, is closing in on a long-term extension with CSKA Moscow, the Kontinental Hockey League team he was just traded to.

Fletcher says "that'd be news to me" and doesn't believe the rumors to be true.

"We've been in contact with his agent over the last couple weeks and we haven't been made aware of anything like you're communicating to me," Fletcher said. "We're operating under the assumption he's got a year left. He's going to play for CSKA, and then he's interested in coming over and playing for the Wild for the 18-19 season. He's a heckuva player. I think he'll be ready to step in and be a good hockey player for us a year from now. That's our expectation and our hope. We haven't been notified of anything to the contrary.

"There was a rumor a few weeks ago of something to this effect, too, and his agent shot it down and said it wasn't true. It's just been communicated to us that he's going to play for CSKA another year, and our hope he's going to suit up for the Wild in 18-19."

And when Fletcher says suit up for the Wild, he means 100 percent with Minnesota, not Iowa. As I reported several months ago, it has been communicated to the Wild that Kaprizov only wants to play in the NHL and Fletcher says, "I think he can play this year personally. But certainly another year of experience and he'll be that much more ready to play and contribute and be a good player."

Kaprizov captained Team Russia at the world junior championships and led the entire tournament with nine goals. He set an Under 20 KHL record this season with 42 points (20 goals) in 49 games.

TSN analyst Ray Ferraro told me in January of Kaprizov, "He was the heartbeat of that team, their captain. He’s not a super big guy. He’s got more of a short, stocky build, but he was aggressive on the puck, he hunts it, he’s a little chippy, he can score, he shoots on the move. The one question is if he can play at the pace that he needs to play at. The tough part is, ‘How do you know?’ He’s got to get over here and play. But when the rest of the Russian team kind of meanders their way around, he doesn’t. He doesn’t play a European game.”

http://www.startribune.com/chuck-fl...urray-rumors-provides-wild-updates/424652573/

tl;dr: Rumors say Kaprizov will go long term to CSKA Moscow, Fletcher doesn't believe those rumors.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
As far as I am aware, Kaprizov's father is not his agent. But I think we all should still be wary of the possibility that he stays in Russia.

The Wild haven't even spoken with Kaprizov directly and he's only got 1 year left on his contract in the KHL. If he comes over, it'll be because he's guaranteed a roster spot.

The thought of a player like Kaprizov in a BB system makes me stiff.

It should be sexy. Scorching hot.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Negotiations with Kaprizov have not been completed. Today we met with the agent, we continue to search for common ground. Not yet found - neither by term, nor by price. - CSKA CEO said.

Looks like Kirill told his pa to **** off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think the Wild have sent all the signals they can that he'll have a spot in the NHL as soon as he wants it. Hopefully he wants it.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
I think the Wild have sent all the signals they can that he'll have a spot in the NHL as soon as he wants it. Hopefully he wants it.

Russo said the other day that no one in the Wild organization has actually met with Kaprizov in person. Seems kind of strange.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
all i know is if he decides to come to minny i think he'll be an amazing talent thats worth the price of admission. i haven't worn my kaprizov jersey in awhile.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Russo said the other day that no one in the Wild organization has actually met with Kaprizov in person. Seems kind of strange.

I wonder how common that is, with late round overseas prospects, though. I know they tried to meet with him at the WJC but the Russian team wouldn't allow it.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
So Michael Russo claims the Wild offered Vegas Kaprizov, but Vegas chose Tuch? Anyone buying this?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
So Michael Russo claims the Wild offered Vegas Kaprizov, but Vegas chose Tuch? Anyone buying this?

Russo's generally a reliable source, and Vegas has already made several questionable trades in the team's short existence, so... I'd believe.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Russo's beat writing is very reliable. He wouldn't make such a statement without confirmation.

His speculations are one thing, but his pure beat reporting is top notch.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Maybe the Wild are giving up on getting Kaprizov to play for them.
I highly doubt it. His agent has told the Wild several times that the KHL rumors for his future are completely unfounded. Kaprizov wants to play in the NHL.

No coincidence that his current team there is unable to find common ground on price and term.

That's their nice way of saying he has no interest in re-signing.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Tuch is under contract Greenway and Kaprizov aren't. Both of the players that aren't under contract have outs if they don't want to play for the team that owns their rights.

Greenyway could decide to go back for his Sr year of college (he'll be a Jr this season) and become a UFA.
Kaprizov could decide to stay in the KHL if he doesn't like the situation the team that own his NHL rights. Being well paid and on a competitive team in the KHL might sound better than playing for an expansion team on an ELC. It'll be harder for him to make up money in bonuses like Panarin did in Chi without a lot of talent.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Tuch is under contract Greenway and Kaprizov aren't. Both of the players that aren't under contract have outs if they don't want to play for the team that owns their rights.

Greenyway could decide to go back for his Sr year of college (he'll be a Jr this season) and become a UFA.
Kaprizov could decide to stay in the KHL if he doesn't like the situation the team that own his NHL rights. Being well paid and on a competitive team in the KHL might sound better than playing for an expansion team on an ELC. It'll be harder for him to make up money in bonuses like Panarin did in Chi without a lot of talent.

Agreed. Whatever discussions took place with Vegas had nothing to do with Minnesota giving up on anyone. They needed a legitimate sweetener to get them to pass on the exposed defensemen, and that meant one of our best prospects. I don't think they've given up on Kaprizov any more than they've given up on Greenway (or Tuch, for that matter).

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

If he is talented enough he'll make his own bonuses without help. Which if he does sign with the Wild I'm pretty sure there is going to be pretty good bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->