Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
A Russian?!

JkAjH91.png

6GRTVNY.png

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
The way Russo described Shepp Harder running around you would think we got a datsyuk

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
A Czech and a Russian drafted. I am on the Wild board right? Seems like a solid 5th round pick though. Fletcher is usually good for a late round jewel. This might be him.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
161 - HP

"On top of his skills, allowed him to stay in the KHL is his compete level and how he went regularly to battle for the puck against bigger and seasoned players...great stickhandling ability...his game is his capability to complete smart passes inside the offensive zone...no stranger to the front of the net....real scoring threat only from in close, as his shot still lacks power...what may be more concerning for such a small player is that he lacks the top speed and straight ahead acceleration to get separation"

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
FC - 55
"Kaprizov is a small forward with top-notch offensive instincts and a hard-working mantra that make him seem a lot bigger than his size indicates. He skates very well, accelerating in seconds to full speed. He carries the puck well and shows some creativity in his hands. He has some skill with his stick but tends not to “dipsy doodle” unless he has the space and can afford to be a bit riskier. Kaprizov doesn’t get knocked off the puck easily and is very smart, finding space and finding a way out of pressure. He is very good at moving the puck and puts some real zip on his passes. He can play the point on the powerplay and is very fit for the role due to his awareness and risk assessment skills. He has a strong shot. Not really a sniper, but he is a hard worker who will not be hesitant to pass on opportunities. He is a very poised skater who is patient but will battle hard or knock someone into next week if they seem to be vulnerable. Keeps pressure on the puck carrier and limits passing activity with an active stick. His ability to transition pucks out of the zone is impressive. Has all it takes to become an elite NHL forward. Great character guy as well, always hard on the forecheck and playing physical despite his lack of size."

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Interesting with the conflicting scouting reports, one says he has poor skating and a weak shot, the other praising both. Either way I agree that this could be a late gem, depends if he can develop but then we also need to entice him to come over to a team with zero other Russians.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I'm going to see Jokerit - Metallurg Novokuznetsk next season, I really really want to see this kid first hand. Puhis & Lapa and other guys should join me and we'll hold a small get-together. Lets see when the KHL schedule is released. I think we all want to see how this kid plays.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Interesting with the conflicting scouting reports, one says he has poor skating and a weak shot, the other praising both. Either way I agree that this could be a late gem, depends if he can develop but then we also need to entice him to come over to a team with zero other Russians.
Depends on when the scout watched him. He could easily had an injury that would have slowed his skating. Or maybe he only looks fast compared to kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad