Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
....or he's pleased because he's moving up the KHL hierarchy, especially coming from Novokuznetsk.

Nonetheless, reports are he's been cut from WC team.

Yeah, all depends on perspective. Kind of cool to essentially start from the bottom and go up the ladder each year.

Do you think it was warranted that he was cut from the WC team, or do you think he deserved a spot?

GotStick22

May 4, 2017
I think they cut him because he was the youngest on the team (20 yo) and they went with vets instead (there were three 35+ yo's). The second youngest on the team was 22 yo and that was a defenseman. Second youngest forward was Kucherov at 23 yo. It's not fair but it's not surprising he got cut for being the least experienced player. I bet he's more skilled than a lot of them too, it's ashame. I really wanted to watch him play :p

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Yeah, all depends on perspective. Kind of cool to essentially start from the bottom and go up the ladder each year.

Do you think it was warranted that he was cut from the WC team, or do you think he deserved a spot?

I don't agree with it but I understand Znoroks reasoning.
He's not good enough for the top 2 lines yet (behind Gusev, Kucherov, Panarin and Dadonov), and Znorok likes balance on the 3rd line so there'll be a scorer and grinder on the line (and Kaprizov is waaaay behind Mozyakin for offensive on that line). Plus we have some eliminated NHLers coming in (potentially Tarasenko. etc).

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Russia tends to go heavy with veteran players for their international tournaments. Fair or not, it is their philosophy. I also don't know what went on with the locker room, team chemistry, or practices. So no complaints either way.

GotStick22

May 4, 2017
^^It was also announced the reason Kaprizov is not playing for team Russia is because he got suspended. It happened when he was transferred to a new team (CSKA)

The rule states as followed: if a KHL team ignores the exclusive rights of a player by an NHL team, the player is subject to suspension from international competition.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I will feel so much better when we get him signed. My only concern is if the Wild have a lackluster year next year and Chuck is fired - that could cause him to re-consider signing with the Wild.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Sweet video. Looks like he's great at a lot of things. Some sweet assists in there, awesome dangle on that opening shot. One heck of a shot. Scores in a variety of ways. Hard to not get on the hype train at this point.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Guy is suited for the big ice. His game never translated over into the NHL.

That's the reason I'm not sold on him yet. Hopeful, yes. Some players transition well to the smaller ice and some don't.

The kid has skills, no doubt there. The floor/ceiling range on him is huge: bust or 30g+ PPG player. Hope for the best, plan for the worst is the best the GMCF can do right now.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
That's the reason I'm not sold on him yet. Hopeful, yes. Some players transition well to the smaller ice and some don't.

The kid has skills, no doubt there. The floor/ceiling range on him is huge: bust or 30g+ PPG player. Hope for the best, plan for the worst is the best the GMCF can do right now.

And really, as a 5th round pick, the odds were always that he would fail. It's starting to look like we got a steal; hopefully his game translates to the NHL.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I've never understood the "Player X's game never transferred to the smaller ice" argument. Having played on both, there really isn't that big of a difference. When it comes to Euro guys not making it in the NHL, I've gotta think the issue 9/10 times is simply that the NHL is the best league in the world (in that the average skill level per player is higher than anywhere else), so if there are any flaws in your game whatsoever, it's just really hard to make it nowadays.

Anywho, I'm pumped about Kaprizov. And I'm not against giving his buddy Omark a look either :amazed:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

He was talking about Omark's game not translating (and he was right). I don't worry so much about Kaprizov's game. He's very different than Omark. With all the tricks he's got in his bag, at least some of them should work in the NHL. I don't know how much scoring he'll do, of course, but neither am I worried about his game in the NHL. I think he'll be a player.

*edit* nevermind, I just re-read your reply, and I realize that you knew he was talking about Omark. Still, point stands, he's got more tools than Omark does.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
CSKA CEO speaking. "Today, negotiations were held with the Kirill Kaprizov father, basically there is an agreement that he can stay in Russia for two more seasons. Negotiations with Kirill, will be held in the near future."
link

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
CSKA CEO speaking. "Today, negotiations were held with the Kirill Kaprizov father, basically there is an agreement that he can stay in Russia for two more seasons. Negotiations with Kirill, will be held in the near future."
link

Good to know. The bolded is the sort of thing that you could read either everything or nothing into, though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
link

"Can" and "will" are to very different terms. I can play the lottery and win millions of dollars. I don't think I ever will win that money.

It's from his dad, is he the agent for Kap? I'm thinking I lost something in translation of the article.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
"Can" and "will" are to very different terms. I can play the lottery and win millions of dollars. I don't think I ever will win that money.

It's from his dad, is he the agent for Kap? I'm thinking I lost something in translation of the article.

There is no quote from his dad, agent, or him, just CSKA Ceo talking, he said the same thing about Sorokin "We ALMOST reached an agreement, we WILL TRY.. blah blah"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->