Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'm going to see Jokerit - Metallurg Novokuznetsk next season, I really really want to see this kid first hand. Puhis & Lapa and other guys should join me and we'll hold a small get-together. Lets see when the KHL schedule is released. I think we all want to see how this kid plays.

This sounds like a solid plan.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Pretty much what Russo said in an article this week. Just spend a mid-late round pick that isn't going to kill your prospect pool if he decides not to come over.

Pronman had some good things to say about the kid on Twitter. Sounds like a solid pick.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Drinking+in+russia+_7018a9998dfa772e7786009ff4144af8.gif

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
By far the youngest forward on the team. Pretty good production for that I guess.

Also noted 3 familiar names on the roster: Stoa, Fairchild, O'Brien.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'm going to see Jokerit - Metallurg Novokuznetsk next season, I really really want to see this kid first hand. Puhis & Lapa and other guys should join me and we'll hold a small get-together. Lets see when the KHL schedule is released. I think we all want to see how this kid plays.

Sure, I'm in. Sounds like an interesting pick.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
By far the youngest forward on the team. Pretty good production for that I guess.

Also noted 3 familiar names on the roster: Stoa, Fairchild, O'Brien.

I wonder if they played a part in us drafting him. Seems a little odd that the first Russian Fletcher drafts just happens to play on a team with those 3.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009

Bit of a video on him, mostly an interview and some practice recordings, but you can see he has a pretty good stride and skates well.

Hopefully he turns into something.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
The only negative I've seen about this kid is that his favorite player is Alexander Radulov. While it'd be great if he turned into a similar player, I just hope he doesn't share Radulov's desire to play at home.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
The only negative I've seen about this kid is that his favorite player is Alexander Radulov. While it'd be great if he turned into a similar player, I just hope he doesn't share Radulov's desire to play at home.

Doubt it. Doesn't mean anything other than that he likes how he plays, IMO. Radulov is the best domestic-born player in his own country. Of course he's going to like his game.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
@coreypronman: A: He has as many points as Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Nichushkin & Buchnevich in the KHL at 17. Q: Who is Kirill Kaprizov? http://t.co/KFxalVLGTS This was posted in March.

That's very impressive. Wow.

Also read a small write-up Pronman did for the Wild after the draft and he raved a bit about Kaprizov again. Sounds like he is quite the player. Let's just hope we can convince him to come over.

We will have to go ahead and draft another Russian or three between now and 2017.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Interesting with the conflicting scouting reports, one says he has poor skating and a weak shot, the other praising both. Either way I agree that this could be a late gem, depends if he can develop but then we also need to entice him to come over to a team with zero other Russians.
As a Kuznya fan I've watched a lot of Kaprizov, and I must say he doesn't excel in any of skating, stickhandling or especially shooting. That doesn't mean it's impossible for him to improve, but right now he doesn't stand out in any of basic hockey skills IMO. However, it's hard not to notice that he's smart on ice, capitalizes on most his chances and always works hard. He also has a reputation of a coachable player. Probably a good complementary player is his ceiling.

Hoping this kid booms like Kucherov.
Completely different talent level.

A fresh interview translated:
- I expected to be drafted but didn't follow the ceremony closely. Then friends told me to read the news, I was very happy because Minnesota is a good team.
- Any player would be happy to be selected high, but it is what it is.
- Wild scouts talked to my agent before the draft, and he told me about it. The talk was nothing special.
- Several teams called me ofte before the draft and stayed in contact, but I see no reason to talk about them any more.
- I followed the team's playoffs. Players play combinational hockey, pretty fast and effective. A series win against a team like St. Louis can't come as a fluke.
- I think Parise and Granlund are the key players of the Wild. The 2st line is very strong overall.
- I don't think about joining them now, I still have 2 more years on my Kuznya contract. I must prove myself here and make the roster. If everything goes well, we'll see.
- I think I need to visit the WIld development camp if Metallurg allows me.
- (about a lot of Russians drafted) I think every player wants to try himself in the best league in the world. It means guys showed themselves well, whether in junior or men's leagues. We'll see what will happen next, the season is going to be interesting.

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...rok_khochet_ispytat_seba_v_luchshej_lige_mira

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
would be awesome if he could come over for the prospect camp. I have a lot of Russian friends so I could set him up in a friendly house hold if need be;)

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

Thank you for the translation. I think 1.75 points per game in Hlinka cant be a coincidence. A dude who cant skate or shoot doesnt go 1.75.

How is the kid's work ethic? Lazy or hardworking outside the games?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
As a Kuznya fan I've watched a lot of Kaprizov, and I must say he doesn't excel in any of skating, stickhandling or especially shooting. That doesn't mean it's impossible for him to improve, but right now he doesn't stand out in any of basic hockey skills IMO. However, it's hard not to notice that he's smart on ice, capitalizes on most his chances and always works hard. He also has a reputation of a coachable player. Probably a good complementary player is his ceiling.

Completely different talent level.

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...rok_khochet_ispytat_seba_v_luchshej_lige_mira

Thanks for sharing. So the kid scores because he's always in the right position? I'm also guessing if his shot isn't great, but he always capitalizes, it must be accurate, at least? Good to hear he's a hard working kid; Those are the ones that tend to make it in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad