Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov III - Still Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How did you like the Tiburon? The wife has looked at them after she broke her Mini.
It was a good car. I had the GTv6 with leather seats, 6 speed manual.

Drove it from 31 miles upon delivery to 151k. The day I picked up my Audi, I donated it to the Newgate school in Minneapolis. At the time, the clutch was starting to slip, and a problem was developing with the sound system that needed fixing, but the car was 12yrs old, so it was expected things would start needing repair.

I think the last model year for it was the '08 though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It was a good car. I had the GTv6 with leather seats, 6 speed manual.

Drove it from 31 miles upon delivery to 151k. The day I picked up my Audi, I donated it to the Newgate school in Minneapolis. At the time, the clutch was starting to slip, and a problem was developing with the sound system that needed fixing, but the car was 12yrs old, so it was expected things would start needing repair.

Good to know. I couldn't (well refused really) to work much on the Mini because of how much extra work was needed to get at anything on the car. Any car that hits the 125k miles/10 year mark is going to start having issues.

The wife just thinks they are "cute and zippy" (her main requirements). :help:

Reactions: TaLoN

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Could Kaprizov be available to the Wild at this time next year or playoffs if his KHL season ended early? I think that would count as a year on his ELC so maybe the Wild wouldnt want to do that?? or is the beginning of the 2020 season earliest he can come no matter when his season ended next year

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Could Kaprizov be available to the Wild at this time next year or playoffs if his KHL season ended early? I think that would count as a year on his ELC so maybe the Wild wouldnt want to do that?? or is the beginning of the 2020 season earliest he can come no matter when his season ended next year
Yes, apparently. Tolvanen did that last year. It burns a year of the ELC if he plays more than 9 games at the end of the year, including playoffs.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
If the Wild are a Playoff team do you do it??
I think it depends on how much of an immediate impact he makes in the first 9 games. If he's playing well, absolutely. Probably makes him happier too, one year closer to a potential big contract. Add in that he'll be what, 22(?) by then, and it makes a little more sense there as well.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If the Wild are a Playoff team do you do it??

He only gets a 2 year ELC, maybe burning the 1st year for a Playoff run could be a good thing. I think he'll have some growing pains his first full season, so locking him up with term could make him cheaper in the long run.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yes, apparently. Tolvanen did that last year. It burns a year of the ELC if he plays more than 9 games at the end of the year, including playoffs.
He would not be eligible for a contract slide in the first place, so the 9 game rule doesn't come into effect. 1 game causes the 1st year to burn.

The contract slide rule only affects players 18 or 19yrso when the sign their deal (or as long as they don't turn 20 by Dec 31st of that season).

Kap hasn't signed his elc yet, so contract slide was never an option. Thus his contract starts the same season he plays his first NHL game.

Burning the First Year of a Rookie’s Entry Level Contract

An entry level contract is limited by term (dependent on the prospect’s age at the date they sign the contract) and compensation but includes a provision for prospects aged 18 and 19 (as long as they don’t turn 20 before December 31 in the year they sign their first contract) that allows teams to slide the contract one year into the future if the player does not skate in a minimum of 10 NHL games (NHL CBA Article 9.1D).
Eligible prospects are allowed to skate in nine NHL games (combination of regular season and playoffs) without having the first year of their entry level contract kick in. For players that don’t qualify for the entry level contract slide, management has a much tougher decision to make. An older prospect’s contract will count against the salary cap during the season they dress for their first NHL game.

For example, Johnny Gaudreau burnt the first year of his entry level contract by playing in just one NHL game (Calgary didn’t qualify for the playoffs) following his junior season at Boston College in 2012-2013.

Last edited:
Reactions: BagHead

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
He would not be eligible for a contract slide in the first place, so the 9 game rule doesn't come into effect. 1 game causes the 1st year to burn.

The contract slide rule only affects players 18 or 19yrso when the sign their deal (or as long as they don't turn 20 by Dec 31st of that season).

Kap hasn't signed his elc yet, so contract slide was never an option. Thus his contract starts the same season he plays his first NHL game.

Burning the First Year of a Rookie’s Entry Level Contract
Cool, thanks. Didn't know that.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

Wild need to sign Grigorenko to... carry the chemistry to the nhl

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
It honestly makes no sense as to why they wouldn't. Have to imagine he would be alot more thrilled to be coming with someone who he enjoys playing with, so only reason I can think of to not is he doesn't want to or Fenton is dumb.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
man i cant understand the dislike for a stud like zucker. are you guys sure you've followed hockey before? we need a temp C until khovanov gets upto nhl speed.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It honestly makes no sense as to why they wouldn't. Have to imagine he would be alot more thrilled to be coming with someone who he enjoys playing with, so only reason I can think of to not is he doesn't want to or Fenton is dumb.
What happens if you bring Grigorenko over, he fails again, and spends all of his time crying to Kaprizov about how much it sucks over here?

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea to go after Grigorenko, but there is a possible downside.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
It's true, 2Pair is right.

There is a downside and Grigs may cause negativity if he cannot succeed. Being close with Kap, they will be roomies, etc. I almost like the idea of Kap being the fish out of the water, only Russian on the team, bonding with the guys, instead of having a safe roommate who never made it in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad