Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov III - Still Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's true, 2Pair is right.

There is a downside and Grigs may cause negativity if he cannot succeed. Being close with Kap, they will be roomies, etc. I almost like the idea of Kap being the fish out of the water, only Russian on the team, bonding with the guys, instead of having a safe roommate who never made it in the NHL.
I think it's important to find somebody that kaprizov would be comfortable with. Just not sure a guy that has already failed in the NHL and went back to Russia, is the guy you want in that role?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
man i cant understand the dislike for a stud like zucker. are you guys sure you've followed hockey before? we need a temp C until khovanov gets upto nhl speed.
If you think trading a player means you dislike a player, you are doing it wrong.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Guys, Grigorenko sucks.

Buffalo gave him a shot, Colorado gave him a shot. Hell, he didn’t even put up points with CSKA until Kaprizov was put on his wing.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I think it's important to find somebody that kaprizov would be comfortable with. Just not sure a guy that has already failed in the NHL and went back to Russia, is the guy you want in that role?
Agreed. Ideally, on my team, he bonds with say a Dumba or a Donnie, even Fiala. He will need to fully immerse himself into NA culture and these guys, even Fiala (a Euro player), can help him make a transition.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
man i cant understand the dislike for a stud like zucker. are you guys sure you've followed hockey before? we need a temp C until khovanov gets upto nhl speed.

None of this post makes sense.

Zucker is a possession disaster, not good in our zone and while his speed is an asset on the break, he is not good down low on the puck at all. $5.5M for a < 45 point forward is not a stud.

Reactions: TaLoN and 2Pair

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Look, I can't say I've 'watched' Grigorenko in the KHL. I saw him many times play with Colorado and to a lesser extend, Buffalo.

I think he has the tools but again, in the NHL, he didn't put them together. I couldn't make that call if he has grown a lot as a player- smarter and faster etc- or if he is just benefiting off his line.

He's a bigger guy 6'2'' 210. He put up big points in the Q. I just don't know if he has 'it'. Obviously if he did, and he was close friends with Kap, bringing them both over would be cool. But, again, it's a bit of a complication, and also it's a risk as he didn't play well in the NHL.

Reactions: 2Pair

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
None of this post makes sense.

Zucker is a possession disaster, not good in our zone and while his speed is an asset on the break, he is not good down low on the puck at all. $5.5M for a < 45 point forward is not a stud.
Well said.

I've said it for a long time... Jason Zucker is where possession goes to die.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
If talking about Kaprizov's linemates, then Grigorenko mostly doesn't play center on that line, Linden Vey does. Although Grigorenko really did step it up in his game, it's not just numbers, possibly he is just more comfortable on the wing.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
boyz you only win hockey games if you score goals true or false? lets get rid of all are 20G scorers and see how many nhl games we win. some people are clueless.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Heard some rumors (probably not true) that if KKs team wins the whole thing they might let him out of his contract a year early. I'm skeptical on any news that comes from that country, but it would sure be nice if that happened.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Heard some rumors (probably not true) that if KKs team wins the whole thing they might let him out of his contract a year early. I'm skeptical on any news that comes from that country, but it would sure be nice if that happened.

I don’t see why that would happen. It would also make him eligible for the expansion draft in which case we’d need to use a protection on him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don’t see why that would happen. It would also make him eligible for the expansion draft in which case we’d need to use a protection on him.

Would it?

His 3 year ELC:

2019-20
2020-21 (expansion draft after the season)
2021-22

Even if we somehow burned a year, the end of his 2nd year wouldn't expire until after the draft.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would it?

His 3 year ELC:

2019-20
2020-21 (expansion draft after the season)
2021-22

Even if we somehow burned a year, the end of his 2nd year wouldn't expire until after the draft.

As long as it doesn’t use a protection slot I can’t see a negative to it. I still don’t see why his team would let him out of his contract though.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Where did you hear that? I seriously doubt it would happen; I don't know what their incentive would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad