Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
One thing which bodes well for Seattle is that Wright has already corrected some of his release mechanics on his wrister.

Even though I was told by the pro-Wright crowd his shot didn't need a mechanical change, he made it because he had to.. Like to see a prospect identify things and work on it, it's just always a big question mark for me on things like motor and inside game. Those things are rarely improved.

Even without it he's a good 2C, it's just unfortunate that he didn't keep the progression curve he was on before the pandemic and made things easy for us.. but also in the same vein, it allowed us to grab a really unique player.
Do you have a video of him shooting recently or did you read that in an article ? Just curious, because I was a big advocate for the "his shooting mechanics need to change" camp!

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think you're looking for something in the 40 range. 50 would be if he gets 1st PP and it clicks or he plays a lot with Caufield.

I'm not sure how much finish he's gonna get with Hoffman and Gallagher, or Pitlick, or Armia, or Anderson.
I’m thinking he’s gonna get 35-40 assists if he plays 80 games. I’m a big fan of his play making. Thinking 10-15 goals. So basically somewhere around 45-55 points over a full season.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I was watching to some pundits yesterday and they don’t seem too fond of Dach. Didn’t like his game, they found him uninvolved in the play. The guys on TVA Spanre namely.

Can’t remember the one, but he said that Dach was having a mediocre camp, but they had to be patient with him.

What are they looking at?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I was watching to some pundits yesterday and they don’t seem too fond of Dach. Didn’t like his game, they found him uninvolved in the play. The guys on TVA Spanre namely.

Can’t remember the one, but he said that Dach was having a mediocre camp, but they had to be patient with him.

He's big so they think he should play like Eric Lindros.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

JiCi in particular is obsessed with having Dach playing on the wing! :help::facepalm:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

He's not a petit gars de chez nous

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

I remember when some game last year Caufield scored 2 goals but Martin Lemay went on and on about one hit Cole did saying he should finish his hits more and that he liked his game more because of it :laugh:

Dach probably should’ve fight or lay big hits to ‘’seem’’ involved in the play for them lol transition play, playmaking, a goal? Pfft!

Last edited:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I remember when some game last year Caufield scored 2 goals but Martin Lemay went on and on about one hit Cole did saying he should finish hits more and that he liked his game more because of it :laugh:

Dach probably should’ve fight or lay big hits to ‘’seem’’ involved in the play for them lol transition play, playmaking, a goal? Pfft!
Yeah, Lemay predicted that Caufield would be a flop. Said he never liked the choice.

Peteux

Jul 15, 2010
Yeah, Lemay predicted that Caufield would be a flop. Said he never liked the choice.
He was so unhappy with the pick. When the Habs drafted Caufield, he looked like my kid when I tell him that he can't watch another episode of Passe-Partout.

If you whine that Caufield needs to finish his checks... oh god.

Reactions: Habs Icing

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Could be a very good 1,2 combo, as it stands now it’s one of the weaker combos in the league.
Yeah we still need that elite #1 (hopefully through 2023 draft).

Fantilli
Suzuki
Dach
Beck

Only thing that would suck here would be having Beck on 4th line

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021

I think he did fine playing the Center position. He could benefit in being stronger and heavier. Get him to bunk with Savard and eat some of his Big Macs. Everybody wins... He was OK on the face-offs. Good defensively.

Monahan is probably just a passenger with the Habs. We paid Dach big bucks. The die is cast. Not playing Center doesn’t make much sense.

Last edited:

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Bergevin would have never thought up the Romanov for Dach trade.

And I'm pretty sure that if an other GM had thought of it, he would have declined the offer.
It is kinda funny that Berge got Danault and Romanov for Fleishman and Weise. And then Romanov for Dach. So basically Fleishman and Weise to Chicago for Danault and Dach lmao. That’s wild.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

They are idiots.....who cares what they think

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
They are clearly looking to see if they can hit with another Toews/Kane draft picks. Problem is they might have traded their Toews.

Blackhawks "Tank" is about to crash

giphy.gif
Whoops

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Yeah we still need that elite #1 (hopefully through 2023 draft).

Fantilli
Suzuki
Dach
Beck

Only thing that would suck here would be having Beck on 4th line
If we are fortunate enough to be in a position to draft Fantilli, and smart enough to draft him, the rebuild will be accelerated by a factor of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad