Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Dach hasn't shown nearly enough to cement him as a legit top 6 C. Lol its just preseason

Hopefully he actually plays well and scores in the season. Cuz another 30p season won't do

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I don't know I'm still bracing myself for a potential playoff bubble finish. And trust me I don't want it. We have insane luck with goalies for the last 30 years or so. Allen can overachieve. Wingers suck on the whole but if CC, Suzuki and Dach have breakout years it could change things. Slaf may start in the AHL but could come in the 2nd half and be a pretty big plus/minus. Monahan don't look washed up so that's a thing too.

I think the D on the whole might be our saving grace for a top 5 but if Matheson is an upgrade on Petry and Guhle and X don't take as long as we think/hope it could shore up our D a little 'too well'. Throw in a motivated young coach who now has an offseason to prepare as well.

That's a lot of 'ifs' I know but there's a lot of young talent that can surprise and spear head us out of a lotto pick. EVERYTHING would pretty much have to go right/wrong but I think it's a possibility that's not as far fetched as many think.

@DramaticGloveSave is being quite bold here but I wouldn't laugh him off
I also think the team has a decent amount of talent right now, and if somehow a good portion of the core players hit their potential, they could certainly surprise. However, I would like to believe Huges would take the opportunity to trade high, accumulate more assests and steer the team back toward the plan.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I don't know I'm still bracing myself for a potential playoff bubble finish. And trust me I don't want it. We have insane luck with goalies for the last 30 years or so. Allen can overachieve. Wingers suck on the whole but if CC, Suzuki and Dach have breakout years it could change things. Slaf may start in the AHL but could come in the 2nd half and be a pretty big plus/minus. Monahan don't look washed up so that's a thing too.

I think the D on the whole might be our saving grace for a top 5 but if Matheson is an upgrade on Petry and Guhle and X don't take as long as we think/hope it could shore up our D a little 'too well'. Throw in a motivated young coach who now has an offseason to prepare as well.

That's a lot of 'ifs' I know but there's a lot of young talent that can surprise and spear head us out of a lotto pick. EVERYTHING would pretty much have to go right/wrong but I think it's a possibility that's not as far fetched as many think.

What worries me is that there are plenty of scenarios where we can be bad AND not get a top3 pick.

AZ and CHI are worst then us, and either PHI or SEA can sneak in 3rd so we finish 4th. If 2 teams win the lottery we end up drafting 6th which will give us a good player but nowhere near as impactful as picking top3 or even top4.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Dach hasn't shown nearly enough to cement him as a legit top 6 C. Lol its just preseason

Hopefully he actually plays well and scores in the season. Cuz another 30p season won't do
He's 21! At what age did Martin St.Louis blossom?

Other players at 21: (Games/Goals/Assists/Points)

Plekanec

Koivu

Brad Marchand
Getzlaf

MacKinnon

Huberdeau

All that to say, give him time.

Last edited:

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Bedard and Carlsson are both looking like plug-and-play elite first line center. Something Dach and Suzuki are not. Skipping on the best center since Beliveau would be insane.
Depends what you consider elite. I think Suzuki is elite. I think Dach can be. People said the same about Zibinejad and hes doing alright i think.

Not every elite center needs to be a Crosby or McDavid. There are guys like Point, Barkov,Kopitar, Aho etc that are elite without being generational. I think you ll be surprised what Suzuki becomes in a few years. Ditto for Dach if he ends up Zib v2.

I dont believe in plug n play rookies unless they are generational ala Crosby and Mcdavid. Bedard is not it.

So while i would be happy to get him or Carlsson or Fantilli....if i can nab an equally skilled winger or d....im doing it. Cuz after Caufield and Slaf ...we got f*** all on wing.

Reactions: double5son10

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Mon beau Kirby 🥰

1665368297007.png

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
In all seriousness does someone know if we go to tricolore sport at the bell center if there's t-shirt of every players? because i'm searching on the website and i can't find one with Dach's name or even Slafkovsky

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
In all seriousness does someone know if we go to tricolore sport at the bell center if there's t-shirt of every players? because i'm searching on the website and i can't find one with Dach's name or even Slafkovsky
I got one of Kovalchuk real fast 2 years ago when he joined us so I think they have all players if they are decent and not some garbage scrub.

They may have the scrubs also tbh.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Depends what you consider elite. I think Suzuki is elite. I think Dach can be. People said the same about Zibinejad and hes doing alright i think.

Not every elite center needs to be a Crosby or McDavid. There are guys like Point, Barkov,Kopitar, Aho etc that are elite without being generational. I think you ll be surprised what Suzuki becomes in a few years. Ditto for Dach if he ends up Zib v2.

I dont believe in plug n play rookies unless they are generational ala Crosby and Mcdavid. Bedard is not it.

So while i would be happy to get him or Carlsson or Fantilli....if i can nab an equally skilled winger or d....im doing it. Cuz after Caufield and Slaf ...we got f*** all on wing.
The pick will be centre unless by some fluke the Habs don't have a top 10 pick. The top 10 players are likely all centres unless Allen has a big year and one defenseman makes it into the top 10. I believe Michkov is a rw but I doubt the Habs will be interested. I don't think Molson is going to be willing to wait 3+ years for him.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I looked for both players and like you, found nothing. Best to call the store, maybe they're in production or the website hasn't been updated.

What I did find however, are these amazing deals! :sarcasm:

7U6IA7l.png
rn5Sxm7.png

Hurry, while supplies last!!! :skeptic:

Are these on sale cause it's merch with his old number or is it something else? :naughty:

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He's 21! At what age did Martin St.Louis blossom?

Other players at 21: (Games/Goals/Assists/Points)

Plekanec

Koivu

Brad Marchand
Getzlaf

MacKinnon

Huberdeau

All that to say, give him time.
So that doesn't mean all 21 yo players will be great. He needs to have a good season otherwise I'll start losing faith and call him a loat case

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I looked for both players and like you, found nothing. Best to call the store, maybe they're in production or the website hasn't been updated.

7U6IA7l.png
rn5Sxm7.png

Are these on sale cause it's merch with his old number or is it something else? :naughty:

I have a Caufield mug, i use it game day so i know he's gonna score.

Unfortunately we can't do the same with Drouin :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: the and Runner77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

I mean I’m not saying we’re a playoff team here, just don’t think picking 1st again is realistic. Took like 40 years since our last 1OA, doubt we go back to back. Think 6-12 is much more likely IMO.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Though by that logic, Chicago got Debrincat for Andrew Shaw from us.

And, MB let Danault walk for nothing.
Danault also helped us get to the SC final and compete for the actual cup.

In hindsight, Debrincat would’ve been nice to have.

I mean I’m not saying we’re a playoff team here, just don’t think picking 1st again is realistic. Took like 40 years since our last 1OA, doubt we go back to back. Think 6-12 is much more likely IMO.
Picking between 4 and 6 is a more likely scenario.

Picking 1 or 2 is determined by the ping pong balls and is anyone’s guess.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

7U6IA7l.png
rn5Sxm7.png

Guess I’m in need of new rags to wipe down my hands after I’m done f***ing around under the hood of my truck.

On second thought, it’s probably a bad omen to work on my truck using rags from a player that’s always breaking down…..I’ll retract my order of Drouin T-Shirts please.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Why would you lose faith on a 21 years old who had to get through a serious injury at the start of his development and who's only starting his 3rd full season.
ive lost faith in kotka. He sucks and doesnt improve on anything. If Dach fails to score or improve on his weaknesses then at some point its time to call him what he is.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

7U6IA7l.png
rn5Sxm7.png

LOL................we can hope the end, is near!!

As for Dach, he has had a very good camp...there is something about this kid, I really like.
Stay tuned, let's see what he has got, the season opens wednesday.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad