Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach to Montreal for 13th and 66th overall picks

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I was comparing Suz's progress to Dach's and I think Dach will break out next year. I am holding comment on KD's performance, but I think it it pretty clear that the Hawk's would have been a bubble team this year if they had not made some roster decisions. KD better do something with those two firsts from the Lightning or the fan base will turn against him.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I was comparing Suz's progress to Dach's and I think Dach will break out next year. I am holding comment on KD's performance, but I think it it pretty clear that the Hawk's would have been a bubble team this year if they had not made some roster decisions. KD better do something with those two firsts from the Lightning or the fan base will turn against him.
Didn’t get enough of being a bubble team the past few years? No the team needed a full tear down and we’re fully willing to be patient to see where it leads. Piss off with your garbage.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Didn’t get enough of being a bubble team the past few years? No the team needed a full tear down and we’re fully willing to be patient to see where it leads. Piss off with your garbage.
Read my post again. I didn't say Hawks fans should be satisfied with bubble status. Nonetheless, bubble team plus cap space starting next year if they hadn't made some of the roster moves. JT has been occupying a top 6 slot without earning it for the last four years. He'll be gone next year. Do you disagree that KD's performance at gm depends on how he handles the rebuild?

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Bubble team plus cap space starting next year.
So we can be a first round exit such a bright future!! This team needed to retool after 2015 instead they didn’t start a true retool until 2021 and then decided they wanted to try and contend and trade for Jones. Why would anyone want more seasons of having absolutely zero direction or plan?

Reactions: Putt Pirate

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
So we can be a first round exit such a bright future!! This team needed to retool after 2015 instead they didn’t start a true retool until 2021 and then decided they wanted to try and contend and trade for Jones. Why would anyone want more seasons of having absolutely zero direction or plan?
Pencil in Hagel and a breakout Dach next year, along with the Dickinson line Hawks have now, I wanna watch competitive hockey and not rebuild hockey.

Reactions: Pertti

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Pencil in Hagel and a breakout Dach next year, along with the Dickinson line Hawks have now, I wanna watch competitive hockey and not rebuild hockey.
We watched “competitive” hockey for several years instead of rebuilding and look where it got us. We spent the last several years picking 8-15 save for the one fluke lottery year.

This team sucked last year, the year before that and so on. This team was gonna stay ass even with Dach Dcat and Hagel.

We have no true #1 D, no #1G, no #1C, and no depth. This team is ass and has zero shot of winning the cup.

Better to bad for a few years get amazing prospects over “playing competeive” for the sake of being mediocre forever.

There’s a reason why the Hawks, Pens, Kings, Lightning, Avalanche won cups and teams like Minnesota, Calgary who were competitive for the sake of being competitive never amounted to anything.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Dach’s ‘breakout’ will be scoring 50 points one day. He is playing very much like he did with the Hawks…deferring, reluctant to shoot….same shit different team. Cannot believe Hawks fans miss him one bit.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
The NHL has expanded beyond talent. So we have teams butting up against the salary cap, and having to move key components of winning teams (see Avs, Panthers, Flames). In addition, FIRST PICKS HAVE NOT MADE A CUP COMPETITIVE TEAM in the last drafting classes. "Yeah, if the Hawks tank enough they'll be the Buffalo Sabres or the Arizona Coyotes". KD has made some good personnel moves. Let's see what he can do with the massive upcoming cap besides "meeting the cap floor" with bad contracts.

• Haha
Reactions: ColbyChaos

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The NHL has expanded beyond talent. So we have teams butting up against the salary cap, and having to move key components of winning teams (see Avs, Panthers, Flames). In addition, FIRST PICKS HAVE NOT MADE A CUP COMPETITIVE TEAM in the last drafting classes. "Yeah, if the Hawks tank enough they'll be the Buffalo Sabres or the Arizona Coyotes". KD has made some good personnel moves. Let's see what he can do with the massive upcoming cap besides "meeting the cap floor" with bad contracts.
I love that you immediately default to the Sabres and Coyotes since you can’t use the Hawks, Pens, Caps, Avs, Lightning, or kings to fit your narrative.

It’s really funny since Buffalo and Arizona did the exact same thing you want the hawks to do aim for being competitive even if it makes zero sense. Sabres landed eichel and immediately tried chasing the playoffs getting O’Reilly, Lehner etc while the team still had zero skill developing players and ended up having like 7 different coaches and GMs.

Arizona did the same thing adding Stepan Raanta, Kessel, to be competitive only to get bent over the Avs in the Covid playoffs.

Coyotes have given up trying to chase being an 8 seed in the playoffs and now have a ridiculous amount of prospects and young players their future is a lot brighter than you’d like to admit all they need is patience and stability.

Sabres are good now after you guessed it sticking with a GM and Coach for more than one season and now are one of the most exciting teams to watch. It took longer than it should have but the Sabres took a turn the moment Pegulas took a step back and revamped their scouting department.

You can’t force contention and rebuild over one season..

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I love that you immediately default to the Sabres and Coyotes since you can’t use the Hawks, Pens, Caps, Avs, Lightning, or kings to fit your narrative.

It’s really funny since Buffalo and Arizona did the exact same thing you want the hawks to do aim for being competitive even if it makes zero sense. Sabres landed eichel and immediately tried chasing the playoffs getting O’Reilly, Lehner etc while the team still had zero skill developing players and ended up having like 7 different coaches and GMs.

Arizona did the same thing adding Stepan Raanta, Kessel, to be competitive only to get bent over the Avs in the Covid playoffs.

Coyotes have given up trying to chase being an 8 seed in the playoffs and now have a ridiculous amount of prospects and young players their future is a lot brighter than you’d like to admit all they need is patience and stability.

Sabres are good now after you guessed it sticking with a GM and Coach for more than one season and now are one of the most exciting teams to watch.

You can’t force contention and rebuild over the season
Rebuild does not equal contention McJesus, Laf, Dahlin etc. etc., but it will be different this time. Yeah right.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Rebuild does not equal contention McJesus, Laf, Dahlin etc. etc., but it will be different this time. Yeah right.

Look at the last 2 decades of cup winners and cup finalists. Count how many of those teams had a top 3 draft pick and then count how many of those teams didn’t have a player drafted in the top 3.

Once you do that, admit your wrong and stop wasting people’s time in this thread and develop a better sense of patience than a 5 yearold.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
We are in the middle of the FIRST year of this rebuild. This isn't going to end fast and it shouldn't end fast. Hawks had ZERO building blocks for the future in their NHL Lineup against the Nucks. ZERO. Not one player. All they have is a few prospects and Cap Space.

Keeping 3 players won't make them a better team today, next week or next season.

They need to add prospects, high quality prospects, and when they got them have to be patient enough for them to get to the NHL level and surround them with quality vets, depth and goaltending.
We've been there before and we will get to a level of the shitty bubble teams that never take a step forward because the core isn't better than that.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

I don't know why any fan references the Coyotes in comparison to CHI.

A) The Coyotes have been incompetently run for a decade.
B) They're a budget team

CHI is not going to be Arizona. And vice versa, Arizona will never be CHI. The best Arizona could ever hope for is to draft Bedard so he can single-handedly put them in playoff contention while the Coyotes never insulate him with enough talent to ever actually contend.

The Sabres are an interesting choice too, considering they were almost as dysfunctional as the Coyotes but now they have turned it around, are in the thick of playoff contention and a huge part of their turn around has been on the backs of guys like Rasmus Dahlin (1st overall), Owen Power (1st overall), Dylan Cozens (7th overall) and Tage Thompson (acquired in a trade during their rebuild).

rubco55

Feb 15, 2016
Toronto
Dach’s ‘breakout’ will be scoring 50 points one day. He is playing very much like he did with the Hawks…deferring, reluctant to shoot….same shit different team. Cannot believe Hawks fans miss him one bit.
Habs fan coming in peace.....from what I've read here in the past few months, most Hawks fans are super happy with the trade. Most Habs fans are now too, Not very often does a trade please both fanbases. I thnk it's great but I'm biased, being close to 70, I had the chance to watch Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita when they came to the Montreal Forum, and both were fabulous players. Dach's progress right now is fun to watch, yesterday he scored the Habs 2 goals vs the Bruins and has 31 pts in 48 games. We'll see what happens...all the best to your team in the rebuild!

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Habs fan coming in peace.....from what I've read here in the past few months, most Hawks fans are super happy with the trade. Most Habs fans are now too, Not very often does a trade please both fanbases. I thnk it's great but I'm biased, being close to 70, I had the chance to watch Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita when they came to the Montreal Forum, and both were fabulous players. Dach's progress right now is fun to watch, yesterday he scored the Habs 2 goals vs the Bruins and has 31 pts in 48 games. We'll see what happens...all the best to your team in the rebuild!
I don't completely disagree but the certain Hawks fans here who continue to denigrate Dach really look cheap. The kid is playing outstanding hockey with the Habs and is not in any way the player that some here describe. Only time will tell if effectively trading him for Frank Nazar was a good move by the Hawks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Read my post again. I didn't say Hawks fans should be satisfied with bubble status. Nonetheless, bubble team plus cap space starting next year if they hadn't made some of the roster moves. JT has been occupying a top 6 slot without earning it for the last four years. He'll be gone next year. Do you disagree that KD's performance at gm depends on how he handles the rebuild?
lol, there hasn't been a player better than Toews to take a top 6 spot from him. And it hasn't been 4 years, he missed an entire year.

Reactions: BHawk21

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I still like Kirby

But I also love Frank

So while I didn't like the idea of giving up on Dach, I'm content with the outcome of the trade

Reactions: jls24

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't completely disagree but the certain Hawks fans here who continue to denigrate Dach really look cheap. The kid is playing outstanding hockey with the Habs and is not in any way the player that some here describe. Only time will tell if effectively trading him for Frank Nazar was a good move by the Hawks.
There's no question in my mind that Hawks didn't give Dach enough time to grow into the NHL game and I've said that all along. I considered Cat and Dach as the only guys Hawks should have kept in the rebuild and I don't know Nazar at all, so yes, time will tell if they got the better player for the future.

Reactions: scorehawks

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
There's no question in my mind that Hawks didn't give Dach enough time to grow into the NHL game and I've said that all along. I considered Cat and Dach as the only guys Hawks should have kept in the rebuild and I don't know Nazar at all, so yes, time will tell if they got the better player for the future.
If Hawks kept Cat and Dach and Hagel they would not be in the running for the worst record in the league.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I considered Cat and Dach as the only guys Hawks should have kept in the rebuild and I don't know Nazar at all, so yes, time will tell if they got the better player for the future.
You won't like him, Bobby. He's under 6ft tall and American.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Hawks kept Cat and Dach and Hagel they would not be in the running for the worst record in the league.
Probably but based on the team we saw with those players aboard, it's debatable. Hagel fetched a pretty good return. IMO, too good to turn down. Playing with top players on TB has been great for him but he wasn't going to get that here.

rubco55

Feb 15, 2016
Toronto
We didn't hear shit from Habs fans during Dach's slump. All of a sudden he pots 2 goals the other night and this thread gets bumped.
Not exactly true, he slumped when the whole team was playing poorly. His 2 goals last night are not the reason habs fans and Mtl media are happy with him. It's how he slowly gains confidence, makes great plays and is more and more constant in his effort. At the beginning of the season he was obviously lost at centre. When they put him on the wing with Suzuki and Caufield he started having fun being more often on the score sheet. Then they put him back at centre playing with various players and he looked good. Now most nights we see him carrying the puck with ease and trying new plays using his speed, skills and long reach. He may hit bumps again, but Martin Stlouis is playing him more and more and that helps him a lot. Of course only time will tell. All the best!

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
They moved him off of center and he’s on pace for 50 points on a stacked line. That’s fine and all, but to call it outstanding is a bit much.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad