Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach to Montreal for 13th and 66th overall picks

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You won't like him, Bobby. He's under 6ft tall and American.
Totally uncalled for. I don't give a fat rat's ass where a player is from... not like some. As for size.... depends on how it is utilized but any hockey person will tell you that a good big player will always be a better choice than an equally good smurf. I love players who are small but work hard. Cat is the perfect example.

You know, a certain politician is infamous for vehemently accusing others of what he was in spades. It seems to work for some.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Habs fan coming in peace.....from what I've read here in the past few months, most Hawks fans are super happy with the trade. Most Habs fans are now too, Not very often does a trade please both fanbases. I thnk it's great but I'm biased, being close to 70, I had the chance to watch Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita when they came to the Montreal Forum, and both were fabulous players. Dach's progress right now is fun to watch, yesterday he scored the Habs 2 goals vs the Bruins and has 31 pts in 48 games. We'll see what happens...all the best to your team in the rebuild!

They moved him off of center and he’s on pace for 50 points on a stacked line. That’s fine and all, but to call it outstanding is a bit much.
Yeah, in his last 28GP he has 14pts, so take away his hot start to the year and he's barely a 40pt player.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Yeah, in his last 28GP he has 14pts, so take away his hot start to the year and he's barely a 40pt player.
It's nice that Habs fans are happy with him. But yeah, they might want to wait at least a season before they show up at his old teams board proclaiming their happiness over the trade.

It's easy to take a snapshot and call it the big picture. Let's examine the trade in April.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It's nice that Habs fans are happy with him. But yeah, they might want to wait at least a season before they show up at his old teams board proclaiming their happiness over the trade.

It's easy to take a snapshot and call it the big picture. Let's examine the trade in April.
Let’s examine the trade 5 years from now. You know, when we’ll be able to evaluate the full consequences of it.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Exactly. No doubt that Dach is a project on any team. Hopefully, Habs coaching staff is working on him to overcome his pass-first mentality. His physical stature is a plus. he uses that long reach effectively at times and he is bound to bulk up making him stronger on the puck. I still think he can be a leader based mainly on what I saw and heard from him when he was mic'ed up

Reactions: Giovi

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Exactly. No doubt that Dach is a project on any team. Hopefully, Habs coaching staff is working on him to overcome his pass-first mentality. His physical stature is a plus. he uses that long reach effectively at times and he is bound to bulk up making him stronger on the puck. I still think he can be a leader based mainly on what I saw and heard from him when he was mic'ed up
He flattened some cheap shot artist that took a run at him the other day, that was nice to see.

Forgot his name but it is the guy that low bridged him when Dach was on the Hawks.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
They moved him off of center and he’s on pace for 50 points on a stacked line. That’s fine and all, but to call it outstanding is a bit much.
Except he's been very good as the 2C the last several games. Again, why the need to denigrate the kid? Very "Stepford Fan" like. Not necessary.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Except he's been very good as the 2C the last several games. Again, why the need to denigrate the kid? Very "Stepford Fan" like. Not necessary.
Pointing out that he’s spent almost the entire year as a winger on a stacked line and is on a 50 point pace are all facts, not denigrating him. If he’s had a couple good games at center, that’s fine, but who cares. Montreal fans seem to think Hawks fans should be throwing themselves off a bridge in despair. But most of us are excited about Nazar, and are content with moving on from Dach after having watched him not progress over three seasons. Nothing against the kid, but him doing okay elsewhere just isn’t a big deal.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
All it takes is for Dach to regress back to his normal production and go pointless for several games for this thread and the thread on the trade board to get quiet again. Its at a point you can pretty much tell whether or not he went pointless or pulled a multi point game out of his ass based on if the thread is on the first page or not.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think it is easy to forget that Dach is only 22 years old. Of course, he's going to have dry spells and it's not like he's playing for a powerhouse team. Rather a team that doesn't score a lot. Yes, he can be a frustrating player to watch but he can't be written off either and I get the impression that some are doing exactly that.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think it is easy to forget that Dach is only 22 years old. Of course, he's going to have dry spells and it's not like he's playing for a powerhouse team. Rather a team that doesn't score a lot. Yes, he can be a frustrating player to watch but he can't be written off either and I get the impression that some are doing exactly that.
I remember people writing off Teravainen back in the day too. ;)

Reactions: BuddyTheGoon

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I remember people writing off Teravainen back in the day too. ;)
That was a bad trade (albeit tough given the Bickell situation, etc.) but I still don't love Teravainen when I watch the Canes play. I think any issues we saw in his game as a Hawk are still prevalent today. He isn't a dominant guy in any facet of the game and doesn't seem to rise to a particularly high level when the games matter, but at $5.4M he is effective.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That was a bad trade (albeit tough given the Bickell situation, etc.) but I still don't love Teravainen when I watch the Canes play. I think any issues we saw in his game as a Hawk are still prevalent today. He isn't a dominant guy in any facet of the game and doesn't seem to rise to a particularly high level when the games matter, but at $5.4M he is effective.
Same could be said for Dach, though.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree with everything above except the last bit. IMO, TT is overpaid.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I wonder what Dach would look like if he hadn't destroyed his wrist at the world juniors. IMO he'd still be a Hawk if not for that.
I wonder what Dach would look like if they didn't rush him to the NHL, if they sent him down to develop in Rockford instead of forcing him to struggle in the NHL, if he wasn't coached by Jeremy Colliton...

There were lots of management f*** ups with Dach.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I wonder what Dach would look like if they didn't rush him to the NHL, if they sent him down to develop in Rockford instead of forcing him to struggle in the NHL, if he wasn't coached by Jeremy Colliton...

There were lots of management f*** ups with Dach.
They would have had to send him to Saskatoon.

Idk how to say this, but Dach was too good for Saskatoon but ineligible for the AHL.

There should be some sort of exemption with the CHL agreement.
I don't blame previous management for the Dach situation as much as I blame the CHL agreement. Dach needed to be in Rockford playing against men as an 18 year old.

I liked Kirby but it wouldn't have happened here, similar to Teravainen.

Just forget he was ever a Blackhawk.

They also rushed Boqvist, who was a longer term player with huge upside when drafted. He shouldn't have sniffed the NHL until his D+3 season. We all knew that when they picked him.

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They would have had to send him to Saskatoon.

Idk how to say this, but Dach was too good for Saskatoon but ineligible for the AHL.

There should be some sort of exemption with the CHL agreement.
I don't blame previous management for the Dach situation as much as I blame the CHL agreement. Dach needed to be in Rockford playing against men as an 18 year old.

I liked Kirby but it wouldn't have happened here, similar to Teravainen.

Just forget he was ever a Blackhawk.

They also rushed Boqvist, who was a longer term player with huge upside when drafted. He shouldn't have sniffed the NHL until his D+3 season. We all knew that when they picked him.
There's nothing wrong with the CHL agreement.

Never in the history of hockey was there a prospect who had their career ruined because they went back to the CHL in their D+1 year.

Reactions: Giovi and d rake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad