Kirby Dach Appreciation Thread

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Congratulations on your boy getting the “C”. I’m confident he’ll do Canada proud.

View attachment 379465
I’LL BE DACH!!​

(Ok, I’ll show myself out now. Enjoy the holidays and WJC’s, everyone.)

Edit: In reading some of the Thread I think I need to spend some more time visiting with you folks. Sometimes @CallMeShaft comes across a bit aggressively, but for the most part I find him hilarious. Anyway, hope all of you and your families are doing well and take care.
I'm the life of the party here. All the other posters suck, but I try to make them as cool as possible. It's just so f***ing hard...

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
At the end of the day, if Dach can be as impactful on the wing as he can at centre, you can put him on the wing -- especially if you're doing that to allow another player, like Cozens, to play a position he's more comfortable in. Kirby's going to be a huge part of the team no matter what.
At the Junior level it doesn't much matter. The only thing he will miss is taking draws and that is his weakness.
Hopefully, the message to Dach is loud and clear; he needs to work harder on that part of his game. That and getting too cutesy.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Dreadful Canada uniforms, who the heck decides this stuff.

On another note the C looks good on Kirby and you know he will be wearing that letter on the Hawks jersey at some point too
This years is bad, trying to do some classic minimal thing didn't pay off

I love that one Strome had though

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
As far as the whole Dach playing center/wing at this tourney... I’m probably in the minority but I think in a tournament like this, Dach may actually be a bigger mismatch on the wing. He’s a massive man who’s got decent wheels and is a really good at forcing turnovers. Getting that big body on these young defenseman in the corners is going to be a nightmare to handle.

Canada has like 8-9 natural centers so it’s not always about who’s the best at center and you put him there... it’s fitting all the pieces of the puzzle together.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Dach is such a ****ing beauty. Congrats on him getting the well deserved “C” as expected.

I’m so glad he’s heading the way I thought he would with his play. I remember popping in here and chatting with you guys about him right after he was drafted. Shows the type of character and leadership he has wanting to come represent his country when he didn’t have to. Tons of respect for guys that play for the logo on the front of their sweater, not the back.

He’s the kind of guy any team wants on their roster. Looking forward to being able to root for my favourite player from the 2019 draft class again now that he’s not owning us as a teenager in the playoffs.

Hmm it’s almost like his play in the WHL playoff series against Prince Albert was a sign of things to come for the lad as I mentioned at the time.

Always nice when prognostications come true. He’s one hell of a hockey player, and I think he’s going to utterly destroy the competition in this tournament. Hopefully you guys get to tune in to watch your boy.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
14061523-504A-4837-8495-61F259155A3D.gif

King Kirby

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad