Kirby Dach Appreciation Thread

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Kirby Dach, I can say I was more than a little confused when he was drafted third overall. I seriously thought it was a mistake.

At this point in the season, not only was he the correct pick, he’s looking much better than the two players drafted before him.

He does everything. He forechecks hard, willing to take on the body, and wins those board battles as a 19 year old. He has a shocking amount of speed for a big guy as well, and always hustles back to play defense. His points didn’t come right away, but he was put on the fourth line and busted his ass to move up the lineup. Now his efforts are starting to show up on the scoreboard and I do believe we have a superstar in the making.

It is a treat to be able to watch him play.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
One interesting thing to note in comparing Dach to Hughes and Kakko:

Dach powerplay points: 2
Kakko PPP: 11
Hughes PPP: 7

If Kirby was given the same opportunities from the jump as those two, he'd probably be statiscially outperforming both (and he's tied with Kakko now).

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
My only concern about his game right now is lack of finish. He could have 10+ more points if he could finish. Something to watch, but I think it will come.

That said, once he breaks out I will own a #77 jersey. I too believe he's a star in the making.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
One interesting thing to note in comparing Dach to Hughes and Kakko:

Dach powerplay points: 2
Kakko PPP: 11
Hughes PPP: 7

If Kirby was given the same opportunities from the jump as those two, he'd probably be statiscially outperforming both (and he's tied with Kakko now).
Kakko's advanced stats are maybe the worst in the entire league. Thought he would have been NHL ready but clearly not.

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
Dach reminds me of a young Toews...….just not quite as good or as physical. But who knows what the future holds for this 19 year old.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You mean the one that hasn't been posted in since Saturday???

What a lively thread for a middle six center, but this thread is for our eventual future 1C and Toews' heir. Better to keep this one going; kill that other one.

Step 1: Put that thread out of its misery
Step 2: Put Strome’s tenure as a Blackhawk out of its misery
Step 3: Profit

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
giphy.gif

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
iv missed the last two games. looks like he has turned it up a notch?? the highlights sure look like it.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I wasn't a big fan of the Dach pick, but so far it looks like a stroke of genius.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
He's def playing with a lot of confidence lately. Can't wait to see this kid in the playoffs with his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad