• Ben Buen One Town Harpur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Can't there at least just be like a temporary bump at the deadline and you have to be compliant at the start of the season?

Would that put the owners on food stamps?
It would be interesting to have the cap go away for 2 weeks before the deadline. And just have it reinstated the day after the deadline.

Open up some room for trades.

Reactions: egelband

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I think the issue is that they weren't expecting to get Tarasenko and Kane so now they are scrambling to get some space they didnt know they would need.
I understand that, but you should be looking to accrue cap space for flexibility at the deadline regardless. You never know what could potentially pop up. Being ready for it should be table stakes, not just a prayer that someone forces their way to your team.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I went with trouba, mika, and Igor as the stars. Trochek was a standout too. Team effort but those three really set the tone and led the team tonight imo.

Not to harp on Igor, but us having the first lead of the game is SO important and happens way too rarely this season. That's what we need Igor for. He got us to the 2nd up 3-0 and we took off from there. If he's turned a corner, not even Meier worries me in the devils. Let's hope.
I went with Mika, Harpur and Mikkola, though Trocheck deserved a vote. But Harpur and Mikkola were unsung heroes tonight

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I could buy that in some manner but it’s been the worst kept secret in the league for 12 months that he had a ton of interest in coming here
We also might be able to afford an additional depth defenseman right now if we were accruing space all along.

Long story short, there was zero reason not to be accruing space this year. Especially in favor of keeping Kravtsov and Lesch on the team.

Reactions: egelband and CLW

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
we wouldn't be under the cap if we trade for Kane on Wednesday
We need a total of 2.625 mil to fit Kane.

We are at $1,722,283. We are projected to have $1,927,317 by Friday, based on our current lineup. That's a difference of $205,034. Divide that by 5 days and we are saving $41,006.80 per day. With Schneider (5000 per day) and Carpenter (4054 per day) sent down tomorrow and Tuesday, we will save a total of $100,121.60.

That will put us at $1,822,404.60 + 750k for Carpenter staying in the AHL = $2,572,404.60. Just a little short.

So you are right that we won't be able to complete the trade on Wednesday. Assuming we will bring Carpenter and Schneider back up for the game Wednesday, we will only accrue $41,006.80 that day. That will put us at $2,613,411.40. Still a little short.

We should be able to make the deal on Thursday, if my math is correct. We will accrue another $30,871.55 if Kane is on the team instead of Carpenter on Thursday, which will be enough to fit his cap hit. I think we can do that.

If Miller is suspended, we may have to suit up Lindgren on Wednesday and sit him, but Schneider should be able to play that day, as we won't need to send him down again.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
That 2nd goal allowed.... why is Trouba getting aggressive up 3-1 and shorthanded?

and it was another soft goal. Last year Igor gobbles that up. Vally talked about it in the pre-game. He's getting way too wide.. dropping way too fast or getting a terrible read on the puck... The upper part of the net is wide open

HMwUbvV.png

that puck should be stopped.

We are at $1,722,283. We are projected to have $1,927,317 by Friday, based on our current lineup. That's a difference of $205,034. Divide that by 5 days and we are saving $41,006.80 per day. With Schneider (5000 per day) and Carpenter (4054 per day) sent down tomorrow and Tuesday, we will save a total of $100,121.60.

That will put us at $1,822,404.60 + 750k for Carpenter staying in the AHL = $2,572,404.60. Just a little short.

So you are right that we won't be able to complete the trade on Wednesday. Assuming we will bring Carpenter and Schneider back up for the game Wednesday, we will only accrue $41,006.80 that day. That will put us at $2,613,411.40. Still a little short.

We should be able to make the deal on Thursday, if my math is correct. We will accrue another $30,871.55 if Kane is on the team instead of Carpenter on Thursday, which will be enough to fit his cap hit. I think we can do that.

If Miller is suspended, we may have to suit up Lindgren on Wednesday and sit him, but Schneider should be able to play that day, as we won't need to send him down again. Or we can play a man short and get the exemption. Or put Lindgren on LTIR and call someone up.
thanks for the info and effort.

I was hoping it would be possible by Weds AM... so be it

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
That 2nd goal allowed.... why is Trouba getting aggressive up 3-1 and shorthanded?

and it was another soft goal. Last year Igor gobbles that up. Vally talked about it in the pre-game. He's getting way too wide.. dropping way too fast or getting a terrible read on the puck... The upper part of the net is wide open
He needs to fix it ASAP

Kane is coming. But is there something more in the works? Maybe...
Not unless we put Lindgren on LTIR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kane gets to rest up a bit I guess before he plays his next game. Hope he will be ready for a strong 20 game push plus the playoffs.

Reactions: egelband

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Wow... Look at Mika in the bumper. A lefty on the right wall...

It worked...

@huerter in disarray
I said this is what we would do. We have a right to left PP. Requires a righty in the bumper. It's not my ideal but 1000x better than having Chytil or Tarasenko there and 100x better than having Panarin there.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

If Miller is suspended, we may have to suit up Lindgren on Wednesday and sit him, but Schneider should be able to play that day, as we won't need to send him down again.

Just saw this... Maybe they could make the trade, dress Lindgren to meet requirements? w/ Schneider called up.

Who knows... This is so convoluted. It happens when it happens I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad