• Igor Shesterkin

• Vladislav Tarasenkos

• Ronald Carpenter

• Ben Buen One Town Harpur

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I went with trouba, mika, and Igor as the stars. Trochek was a standout too. Team effort but those three really set the tone and led the team tonight imo.

Not to harp on Igor, but us having the first lead of the game is SO important and happens way too rarely this season. That's what we need Igor for. He got us to the 2nd up 3-0 and we took off from there. If he's turned a corner, not even Meier worries me in the devils. Let's hope.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I went with trouba, mika, and Igor as the stars. Trochek was a standout too. Team effort but those three really set the tone and led the team tonight imo.

Not to harp on Igor, but us having the first lead of the game is SO important and happens way too rarely this season. That's what we need Igor for. He got us to the 2nd up 3-0 and we took off from there. If he's turned a corner, not even Meier worries me in the devils. Let's hope.
The Devils will still be a tough out. Wish the Blues had gotten Meier

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Gutsy and passionate display across the board. Except for Miller and his boneheaded play. Still, way more positives than negatives to take from this one! Truly impressed.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
This cap management shit the team is doing is lowkey embarrassing

Actively hurting the teams chances to win games
It’s a bit of a circus, but with the intent of icing the best possibly playoff roster. I don’t hate it.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Embarrassing for the league... I agree.

For the Rangers? This is the team playing by the rules that the league enacted.
the cap blows but the Rangers could have managed their situation better if they were that hot for Kane.

Actively sitting two players in a game for this is again, embarrassing

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Embarrassing for the league... I agree.

For the Rangers? This is the team playing by the rules that the league enacted.
If they weren’t idiots carrying 22 players all year, this wouldn’t be an issue. They knew the stupid rules and didn’t give themselves much flexibility with them. So now they’re scrambling.

All that said, a regular season game or two doesn’t really matter for them much anyway. There’s about a 90% chance we play the Devils in the playoffs unless something absurd happens.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
We didn't know ahead of time that Kane was forcing his way here for next to nothing
Are we sure it's next to nothing? No first round pick?

the cap blows but the Rangers could have managed their situation better if they were that hot for Kane.

Actively sitting two players in a game for this is again, embarrassing
We didn't know and there's nothing embarrassing about doing whatever it takes to get the best playoff roster

Reactions: Holocene and FUZfan

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If they weren’t idiots carrying 22 players all year, this wouldn’t be an issue. They knew the stupid rules and didn’t give themselves much flexibility with them. So now they’re scrambling.

All that said, a regular season game or two doesn’t really matter for them much anyway. There’s about a 90% chance we play the Devils in the playoffs unless something absurd happens.
I think the issue is that they weren't expecting to get Tarasenko and Kane so now they are scrambling to get some space they didnt know they would need.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
If the goal is to put together the best playoff roster, they should’ve been looking to accrue cap space all year anyway - Kane or no Kane. Accruing cap space should’ve been a given and something people have complained about all year.

Drury is certainly a wizard on the trade side. But he does some head scratching asset management otherwise. Small stuff, sure. But it’s also mind numbing at times.

Reactions: egelband

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The Rangers could have banked cap space earlier in the season. I think the takeaway is that Kane wasn’t part of the plan until very recently. Hopefully that means he’s coming cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad