• Ronald Carpenter

• Ben Buen One Town Harpur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Thank god they won.

If the spitting was accidental, Miller needs to learn from that. Can’t be spitting when other players are around. And if it wasn’t he needs to learn even more. Bone headed play by him on like the worst night for it to happen.

Trouba, Fox, Mikkola and Harpur deserve tons of praise. That was a gutsy last 40 mins.

Hopefully no lingering effects for Mika. He’s the most important forward on this team.

Let’s get Kane in here and get cooking.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’m inclined to believe Miller because it’s so uncharacteristic of him but it just didn’t look that way.
The act itself didn't look intentional to me, but he had to notice it hitting Doughty and didn't react at all, nor did he argue the match penalty.

It's out of character but Drew Doughty could piss off Gandhi.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I really don’t get the Tarasenko complaints. He’s clearly still adjusting but tonight he had some jump and was noticeable.

I wonder if a lot of people just haven’t seen much of him and we’re expecting more of a finesse guy. Tarasenko is a bulldog of a player with an elite shot. He’s not McDavid. He’s closer to a Kreider than his is a Panarin, granted he’s more dynamic than Kreider. But he’s more of a solid on the boards physical guy who has a great shot (so he can finish on those cycle plays that Vesey or Goody would miss) and he’s good with the shot off the rush.

Actually, his playing style makes getting him and Kane make more sense than you’d think at first blush. I don’t think either is redundant at all. Kane IS that dynamic high end finesse guy that Tarasenko isn’t so it will be good to have both of them infused into the lineup.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
he was going to spit before all that happened and it just 'happened'. It's a bad mistake/mishap.

KAM is not that guy. Why is everyone so ready to crucify people. Everyone is guilty nowadays.
You can't explain that one away, he spit on him. It's extremely out of character, but I've done dumb things on the ice that were out of character for me as well in the heat of the game, pretty sure everyone has.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
kramer-keithhernandez.gif

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Chytil does it too. Mika does sometimes.

Kane does this too.
Chytil usually loses the puck when doing that in the middle, but they both mostly do it wide or have the defender right up on them instead of skating backwards down low because they aren't skating as shifty as Trocheck is when he's challenging the players.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Unfortunately none of us would believe it if the spit came the other way
For me, it very much depends on who it came from.

Some guys don't get the benefit of the doubt nor should they.

Every time Wilson assaults somebody or Marchand, Kadri, whoever, does something dumb and people say "oh that's a hockey play," I'm like no, we have no reason to believe that.

Miller has never done anything dirty.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

There goes the racial slur narrative

There’s no way that was ever a possibility, nobody in the area reacted. If Doughty had done something like that everyone’s head would’ve swung around to him. Everyone just always jumps to that when a player of a different race is involved.

Im biased, sure, but I 100% buy Miller saying it was accidental. It was so far out of character for him, a player who barely wants to even finish a check half the time and almost never gets involved after the whistle.

I do notice Miller spitting a lot on the ice whenever they cut to him during whistles so he better learn from this, no more loogie’s when you’re in a scrum.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If it was unintentional but then he saw it hit Doughty and was like "ah, well, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy," I would buy that.

That's pretty much my first thought when it happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad