• Vladislav Tarasenkos

• Ronald Carpenter

• Ben Buen One Town Harpur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So let me make sure I’m up to speed. I watched the game without volume.

Schneider dressed, sat on the bench, and didn’t play at all? And this affects the cap somehow? Is that what happened? Huh?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So let me make sure I’m up to speed. I watched the game without volume.

Schneider dressed, sat on the bench, and didn’t play at all? And this affects the cap somehow? Is that what happened? Huh?
Replying to myself after catching up.

The cap has apparently turned me into a clueless old man. I sound like my FIL trying to play Xbox.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He wasn't injured. They had to dress 18 skaters. He got sent to Hartford post game for cap purposes, to be recalled Wednesday. If he played tonight and got hurt, he would be ineligible to be sent down and thus throwing a wrench into the Kane deal.
Is that new? That they must dress 18 skaters?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don't disagree with this, but in comparison, Tom Wilson almost killed Artemi Panarin two years ago and got absolutely nothing. What a farce.
That was insane. The league absolutely didn’t suspend Wilson because there was a rematch and they wanted the blood sport crowd. Is that moron still running ‘player safety’? What a crock.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m pretty sure some teams - Calgary, for one - dressed fewer than 20 players and 18 skaters this season. I’m probably misunderstanding something but just for the sake of discussing.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I’m pretty sure some teams - Calgary, for one - dressed fewer than 20 players and 18 skaters this season. I’m probably misunderstanding something but just for the sake of discussing.
The distinction is that you’re only allowed to dress less than 20 skaters if you are unable to because of your cap situation. We are not unable, so we’re required to dress 20 per the cba.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
The distinction is that you’re only allowed to dress less than 20 skaters if you are unable to because of your cap situation. We are not unable, so we’re required to dress 20 per the cba.
Yep, for example, the Oilers played one player short in the game against the Rangers because if they played with 20 then they would have been over the cap for that game.

Reactions: egelband

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can't believe people ever questioned Mika Zibanejad's commitment just because he's a bit awkward on camera, or eats different, or has a hobby away from the rink, God forbid.

That kid would die for the New York Rangers.

I don't think he's ever gonna play anywhere else and you're gonna enjoy it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Garden crowd gave the team a big boost last night too which was a nice change from the norm this season.

I also think it's entirely plausible the Miller thing was in fact an accident. Poor judgement, but an accident. I hope if Doughty in fact believes this too that it won't irreparably tarnish his reputation

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Garden crowd gave the team a big boost last night too which was a nice change from the norm this season.

I also think it's entirely plausible the Miller thing was in fact an accident. Poor judgement, but an accident. I hope if Doughty in fact believes this too that it won't irreparably tarnish his reputation
You gotta see the main boards. It's like Miller admitted to planning 9/11.

As a sociologist, I find it very, very interesting how people react to spitting vs things that are actually violent or dangerous.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I can't believe people ever questioned Mika Zibanejad's commitment just because he's a bit awkward on camera, or eats different, or has a hobby away from the rink, God forbid.

I can't think of a more underrated player in the entire league. He does literally everything and doesn't get a shred of the credit other superstars do.

Staple had some quotes from Doughty after the game and he didnt seem to bent out of shape about the intent. Miller deserves the suspension though.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can't think of a more underrated player in the entire league. He does literally everything and doesn't get a shred of the credit other superstars do.
I'm a bit concerned about his injury history as he ages but if he stays healthy, I have no doubt he's going to adapt his game to be effective.

He and Chris are both highly adaptable and can do whatever asked of them, which bodes well for the future.

Kreider is about to be 32 in April and has been banged up so many times, and yet the last two seasons are arguably the best he's ever been. He's gonna have 30 goals and close to 60 points, ho hum.

Zibanejad already has 30 goals and 60 points. McDavid ruins perception a bit. Zibanejad is very quietly 22nd in scoring.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

Mika is part of one of the most lopsided trades in the cap era and somehow it’s still not enough.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You gotta see the main boards. It's like Miller admitted to planning 9/11.

As a sociologist, I find it very, very interesting how people react to spitting vs things that are actually violent or dangerous.

I'm in behavioral economics, so I don't want to imperialize your field, but I think there's something of an 'honor culture' element to it. Spitting is seen like hair pulling, hitting below the belt, "Poor form" as the OG Captain Hook would say.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00