• Braden Schneider

• Steve Mikkola

• Igor Shesterkin

• Vladislav Tarasenkos

• Ronald Carpenter

• Ben Buen One Town Harpur

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can't believe people ever questioned Mika Zibanejad's commitment just because he's a bit awkward on camera, or eats different, or has a hobby away from the rink, God forbid.

That kid would die for the New York Rangers.

I don't think he's ever gonna play anywhere else and you're gonna enjoy it.

I don’t like when Mika gets thrown under the bus, same for Kreider. These guys help us win, especially Mika. As a fellow musician have no issues at all with Mika doing his music thing on the side. Heck, Lundqvist played guitar.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The stance thing is very real. How I played I was never more than 2 and a half feet wide myself. If he went from 3 and a half to over 5 feet wide in stance that’s a major change and will absolutely expose the top of the net. Not sure why on earth he’s doing that. He’s too small to play like that he needs to be upright like he is on shootouts.
Yep, whenever I was off my game my stance would be the first thing to go. When I was overthinking things my stance would be off, my movements would be a fraction of a second slow because of it and my angles would be slightly off and I'd be getting beat or have trouble with shots that would normally hit me. I'm 5'11 (was prob still 5'9-5'10 during my peak junior days) so if I was even crouching a few inches too low or I was taking up slightly less net it would be really bad. Stance, angles and depth are so important for today's goalies with how good shooters are but even more important for anyone who's under like 6'3.

Reactions: romba

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The stance thing is very real. How I played I was never more than 2 and a half feet wide myself. If he went from 3 and a half to over 5 feet wide in stance that’s a major change and will absolutely expose the top of the net. Not sure why on earth he’s doing that. He’s too small to play like that he needs to be upright like he is on shootouts.
The wider he goes, the easier it is to 'collapse' I just dont understand why the drastic change. I'm not a goalie technician but I know the difference to when he's on and what we've been getting.

Being wider also hurts his explosiveness. He's dropping way too often/early. There's too much movement. He's not getting a read on the puck.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I can't believe people ever questioned Mika Zibanejad's commitment just because he's a bit awkward on camera, or eats different, or has a hobby away from the rink, God forbid.

That kid would die for the New York Rangers.

I don't think he's ever gonna play anywhere else and you're gonna enjoy it.

The tofu fuels his commitment to the game. It's like Adderall

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The wider he goes, the easier it is to 'collapse' I just dont understand why the drastic change. I'm not a goalie technician but I know the difference to when he's on and what we've been getting.

Being wider also hurts his explosiveness. He's dropping way too often/early. There's too much movement. He's not getting a read on the puck.

He’s watching too many vasy highlights. He ain’t built like that. Needs to be upright. Vally said it’s seriously like a 2 ft difference from last year. That is staggering

The only other explanation is he feels slow and he’s getting lower to get down faster but he’s been getting beat high all year.

And then seriously the only other thing is he said he worked really hard on his flexibility to be less prone to groin injuries he may just naturally be widening out because of his added flexibility and how comfortable he is. But he’s gotta fix that just like a pitcher has to fix his mechanics

Reactions: romba and duhmetreE

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
it's probably not intentional and it's just a tough season for whatever reason and things tend to snowball and it's harder to "fix" them when you're in your head about it

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm in behavioral economics, so I don't want to imperialize your field, but I think there's something of an 'honor culture' element to it. Spitting is seen like hair pulling, hitting below the belt, "Poor form" as the OG Captain Hook would say.

Spitting is seen as poor form but dirty hits are seen as heart and soul plays by players that play the "right way".

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
it's probably not intentional and it's just a tough season for whatever reason and things tend to snowball and it's harder to "fix" them when you're in your head about it

I'm currently having issues at work and remembered how much more valuable I was as an employee at different career stops when my confidence was strong and not down in the dumps like it is now.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
While the league is looking into this spitting incident, maybe they should take a peak at the blindside hit up high by Fiala on Motte at the end of the game. It went relatively unnoticed on the broadcast but Shesty whacked Fiala after it happened and Kreider challenged him off the faceoff at the end of the game.

Reactions: The Gloaming

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The abilities of Trocheck and Chytil to run north-south and pressure opposing defensive pairs really is a welcome dynamic that we hadn't had in a center since, honestly, Matt Cullen/Marty Straka. And Straka largely played wing here.

NYR have traditionally gone for slower, pass heavy, east west centers. That both of them can be a threat just lugging the puck themselves offers a different dynamic to the one where it's always the winger who enters the offensive zone with possession.

Also as good as Mika has been IDK why Sam and Joe don't see that the real team MVP this season has very clearly been Adam Fox.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
While the league is looking into this spitting incident, maybe they should take a peak at the blindside hit up high by Fiala on Motte at the end of the game. It went relatively unnoticed on the broadcast but Shesty whacked Fiala after it happened and Kreider challenged him off the faceoff at the end of the game.
Fiala has always done that - in fact as a Nashville resident who has seen the Preds play more than the Rangers (live) in the last decade, that entire team likes to throw chicken wings whenever possible. Big reason that they're not my second team despite living 5 minutes from Bridgestone.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Fiala has always done that - in fact as a Nashville resident who has seen the Preds play more than the Rangers (live) in the last decade, that entire team likes to throw chicken wings whenever possible. Big reason that they're not my second team despite living 5 minutes from Bridgestone.

Sounds like Jeannot will fit right in with the Lightning then

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The abilities of Trocheck and Chytil to run north-south and pressure opposing defensive pairs really is a welcome dynamic that we hadn't had in a center since, honestly, Matt Cullen/Marty Straka. And Straka largely played wing here.

NYR have traditionally gone for slower, pass heavy, east west centers. That both of them can be a threat just lugging the puck themselves offers a different dynamic to the one where it's always the winger who enters the offensive zone with possession.

Also as good as Mika has been IDK why Sam and Joe don't see that the real team MVP this season has very clearly been Adam Fox.
Fox is already in the territory of "voter fatigue" or not recognizing the best because of course he's the best.

Bergeron really should have won every Selke since 2009 but of course other guys had to get turns.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Fox is already in the territory of "voter fatigue" or not recognizing the best because of course he's the best.

Bergeron really should have won every Selke since 2009 but of course other guys had to get turns.
Long term Fox will end up a first ballot hall of famer if he avoid injuries.

Mika's more in potential jersey retirement territory, unless he pulls off several Conn Smythe victories or somehow gets a Selke.

But if we win a cup in this window, don't think anyone wears 23 or 93 again for the Rangers

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Long term Fox will end up a first ballot hall of famer if he avoid injuries.

Mika's more in potential jersey retirement territory, unless he pulls off several Conn Smythe victories or somehow gets a Selke.

But if we win a cup in this window, don't think anyone wears 23 or 93 again for the Rangers
Don't forget 20.

That should happen Cup or not.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Don't forget 20.

That should happen Cup or not.

There's a debate.

Kreider is still in Staal-Girardi ring of honor territory for me. If we win a cup he's up there for sure.

I'm assuming Mika gives us another 4-5 years of good hockey at least.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
We win a cup and you can retire everyones number.

Hell Jake Lsychsyhyahyn too but in lieu of whatever his jersey number is just retire the amount of cap savings we made by waiving him.

Kravstov’s Jersey retirement night finna be lit for his salary cap contributions.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Seems like we dodged a bullet with Mika. I understand he is a good pker and all, but up 3-0 do we really need him out there on the pk?

Isnt that why we have guys like Motte,Vesey, Goodrow?

I get having a guy like Mika on the pk of you are down a goal late in the third or something, but not up 3-0

Reactions: The Gloaming

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Seems like we dodged a bullet with Mika. I understand he is a good pker and all, but up 3-0 do we really need him out there on the pk?

Isnt that why we have guys like Motte,Vesey, Goodrow?

I get having a guy like Mika on the pk of you are down a goal late in the third or something, but not up 3-0

Those guys are all in the rotation.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2