Kings sign Jacob Moverare (Dman) to ELC

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Signed in 2016 but yet to come over. Is he still in the Kings’ plans or was that a signing by the previous powers-that-be that is no longer considered a priority?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Signed in 2016 but yet to come over. Is he still in the Kings’ plans or was that a signing by the previous powers-that-be that is no longer considered a priority?

He was moving down the list the longer he stayed in Sweden and was, overall, underwhelming. He's improved his game and expressed interest in coming to play in So Cal.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I believe the rumor mill was he was ticketed for ONT in 2020-2021.
I think there will teams looking to have young Moverare on their team...Minnesota are you calling? Minny gives LA the 24th for the 35th and Moverare

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
LOL, that's gonna happen!
We'll see!
moverare.jpg

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I think there will teams looking to have young Moverare on their team...Minnesota are you calling? Minny gives LA the 24th for the 35th and Moverare

I am, um... skeptical that Moverare is the piece that it would take to move up to get a second 1st round pick.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Moverare because Minnesota is thinking they'll lose Brodin(27) in the expansion draft to Seattle...They'll protect,Spurgeon,Dumba and Suter! Unless they go the 4 F and 4 D...then its a forward they lose...Fiala,Parise,Zuccarello and either Kunin(23) or Greenway(23)...They are going to lose a good player like Tuch before!!!D-men are easier to replace than blossoming forwards! But maybe they make a deal with Seattle Seals,Sockeyes,Kraken... Minny will lose someone good for certain...Can't wait to see Kaprizov and maybe Khovanov turn pro with the former getting top 6 minutes and money...oh ya Moverare...guess he'll play in Ontario and fight for time with Clague and Hults on the LDefense!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
He was moving down the list the longer he stayed in Sweden and was, overall, underwhelming. He's improved his game and expressed interest in coming to play in So Cal.
Moving down the list?In who's eyes yours? Moverare was doing himself a lot of good by going to a situation (Frolunda Indians)where he'll a play a tonne,gain strength,mature and be in a better position to compete than at 20 in the AHL and NHL!

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Moverare and the 35th which isn't chopped liver

If it were the other way around, I wouldn't trade down from the 24th to the 35th unless there was something pretty good involved. Right now, I'm higher on Moverare than most but I don't see him having anywhere near that value around the league. If this were to happen, I think at a minimum someone like Thomas would have to be going to Minn.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
If it were the other way around, I wouldn't trade down from the 24th to the 35th unless there was something pretty good involved. Right now, I'm higher on Moverare than most but I don't see him having anywhere near that value around the league. If this were to happen, I think at a minimum someone like Thomas would have to be going to Minn.
That's never going to happen,Thomas may play first line with the Kings once Brown retires already! How about Sheldon Rempal and Bonka Imama and LA's 7th rounder...That's ridiculous right...We are talking about 11 spots and there may be no difference between the 24th and 35th anyways so better that you keep your 24 and hope to get a D-man because Minnesota needs to get themselves a Centre with the 11th overall to replace Koivu and soon to be gone E Staal. Its either a centre or goaltender Yaroslav Askarov which I have going to Chicago,Minny...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Minnesota isn't just going to 'lose' Brodin, they'll trade him elsewhere on the cheap before just letting him get plucked.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
That's never going to happen,Thomas may play first line with the Kings once Brown retires already! How about Sheldon Rempal and Bonka Imama and LA's 7th rounder...That's ridiculous right...We are talking about 11 spots and there may be no difference between the 24th and 35th anyways so better that you keep your 24 and hope to get a D-man because Minnesota needs to get themselves a Centre with the 11th overall to replace Koivu and soon to be gone E Staal. Its either a centre or goaltender Yaroslav Askarov which I have going to Chicago,Minny...

Players selected in the first round have roughly double the success rate than second rounders (who have very similar success rates to third rounders). That's why you need to offer something really good to move up. It's 11 spots, but we are talking the top 35 picks here - that's a jump of over 30%.

Thomas on the first line is very unlikely. He's a late 2nd rounder for a reason, and if I'm Minnesota I still don't take that deal with Thomas included.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Players selected in the first round have roughly double the success rate than second rounders (who have very similar success rates to third rounders). That's why you need to offer something really good to move up. It's 11 spots, but we are talking the top 35 picks here - that's a jump of over 30%.

Thomas on the first line is very unlikely. He's a late 2nd rounder for a reason, and if I'm Minnesota I still don't take that deal with Thomas included.
With all due respects Brown was a nobody until Kopitar came along...Have you seen Thomas play,he's going to be a good one...at 24 Minnesota is not going to find a D-man they like and they aren't taking another forward after taking one at 11!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad