Kings sign Jacob Moverare (Dman) to ELC

morphinecv

Feb 12, 2015
Sigh. He's actually gonna be so good. I had him as a sleeper 'someone might go off board in the 1st' pick in the draft. Didn't think it would happen, but some teams went more off board (and almost always do, every draft, once or twice) and he seemed like a smart reach. My comparable is Hjammer for him. Just ridiculous he went so low. Boom or bust but he's decent everywhere, and I'm jealous.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbar

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sigh. He's actually gonna be so good. I had him as a sleeper 'someone might go off board in the 1st' pick in the draft. Didn't think it would happen, but some teams went more off board (and almost always do, every draft, once or twice) and he seemed like a smart reach. My comparable is Hjammer for him. Just ridiculous he went so low. Boom or bust but he's decent everywhere, and I'm jealous.

OOohhh, I love this. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the contribution :) FWIW Kings brass seems really excited about this guy and they rated him as having the highest IQ in the entire draft. The story goes literally every scout had the same report and they were in shock :laugh:

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Love the pick and love the kid m glad he signed but very disappointed they don't want to let him develop in Sweeden. Sweeden has been doing a damn fine job on developing its players and would rather have a young Dman of his caliber play atleast 1 year in Sweeden.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Love the pick and love the kid m glad he signed but very disappointed they don't want to let him develop in Sweeden. Sweeden has been doing a damn fine job on developing its players and would rather have a young Dman of his caliber play atleast 1 year in Sweeden.

I might have missed it, but is it official that Moverare is going to the OHL? Last I read, he was drafted in the import draft by Mississaugua but they'd still need to sign him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I might have missed it, but is it official that Moverare is going to the OHL? Last I read, he was drafted in the import draft by Mississaugua but they'd still need to sign him.

Yeah I haven't seen confirmation of anything but the draft anywhere. Maybe one of the Swedes has Swedish-language media info?

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center

Yeah I haven't seen confirmation of anything but the draft anywhere. Maybe one of the Swedes has Swedish-language media info?

Saw an article by Jon Rosen saying he is "most likely" OHL-Bound, according to hockey ops.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2016/07/14/three-year-elc-for-moverare-most-likely-ohl-bound/

Was about to come back and post the Rosen info thanks.

FWIW

Yeah I got my info from Rosen saying most likely OHL bound. The last couple years Colombus with Carlson , Anaheim with their riches of D , Tampa Bay , Wild , Chicago they have let their Swedes develop overseas because they are good at it and are developing fine NHL players. I'd rather have Moverare overseas please Dean don't **** up the next Hedman lol.

Clague and Moverare were really great picks. And I can see them climbing our ranks fast. Cernak, Clague and Moverare, Gravel, Forbort , Ladue. Our defense prospects are looking much better now.

Doughty should be performing at an elite level even into his 30s like Keith and Chara so we have the potential of having a great d corps down the line few years.

Muzzin-Doughty
Clague-Gravel
Forbort/Mcnabb-Cernak/Ladue
Lintuniemi-Moverare on the cusp

If all are brought up right and develop we look good. We can use Martinez as a trade chip like Johnson and get another piece upfront we need once one of the kids make a big jump forward. I think Gravel is going to be a great Mitchell type and have a long career. Clague will most likely make the jump quick.

If we keep picking up BPA we should restock our prospects pretty quickly and keep contending. I don't see our window closing long as we adapt and add some speed and skill and go away from the heavy game a little.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think the Kings want their European players on North American Ice ASAP. They did it with Cernak at Erie and it seems like he's progressing fine. I don't see the harm in having him come over and playing a season in the OHL. I trust the Kings development staff to get him where he needs to be

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I think the Kings want their European players on North American Ice ASAP. They did it with Cernak at Erie and it seems like he's progressing fine. I don't see the harm in having him come over and playing a season in the OHL. I trust the Kings development staff to get him where he needs to be

I'm not sure it's best for a Sweedish defenseman. Cernak wasn't going to get much development out of the Slovakian league so that's understandable but the Swedes are producing some of the best defenseman and teams are letting their players develop overseas more now. Anaheim with Larsson , Colombus with Carlsson , etc... Aho , Eriksson-Ek , lots of other good players all developing overseas think it would be wise to allow Moverare to play one full year in the SHL

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site

Hey morphine, it's toonces lol

Glad you are such a fan of this guy, I hope he develops into as good of a player as you feel he's capable of.

Cheers!

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
I'm not sure it's best for a Sweedish defenseman. Cernak wasn't going to get much development out of the Slovakian league so that's understandable but the Swedes are producing some of the best defenseman and teams are letting their players develop overseas more now. Anaheim with Larsson , Colombus with Carlsson , etc... Aho , Eriksson-Ek , lots of other good players all developing overseas think it would be wise to allow Moverare to play one full year in the SHL

Good point, but if the junior team has a good program and the player himself wants to make the move, it's fine. Fellow Swede and 8th overall pick, Alexander Nylander plays on Mississauga. That will help his transition for sure. and there is someone on the staff (read somewhere) that has ties to the Kings, so sounds like a good situation. If he plays in Sweden, there's a chance that team will try to get him under a longterm contract...

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA

Hey, uh, what's with the extra "e" in Sweden?

JBeast

Oct 22, 2007
Skellefteå

I do not disagree with you. But, most likely Moverare isn´t going to play that much SHL this year. He probably has the talent and head to play there. But his team(HV71) has already 6 or 7 guys that are ahead of him on their deapth chart.

So, bringing him over to the OHL might not be a bad idea.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

The Kid is like 7th on his teams depth chart.

He needs to be in NA to get playing time.

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
I think this is a good time to ask where do you all think he will fit in the future Bottom pairing? 2nd ? or top pairing ?

I think we will have a better idea 1 year from now. He's still 17. He turns 18 next month. Just consider he got to play 4 games in the SEL at 17. He had 21 pts in 41 games in the level below last year, which indicates he has some offensive ability.

One year from now, we will know how he fares in the OHL at the age of 18 and have a better read. If his skating improves to even average, he should have top 4 potential, given his IQ they keep talking about. 6'2 198 at 17. He could be 6'3 or even 6'4" and 215 lbs in 2 yrs. I think a lot will depend on how well his skating becomes.

If he plays in the SEL, will be hard to monitor his progress. Either way, the Kings were confident to sign him to a 3 yr deal. How many 4th rounders get an NHL deal within even a year of being drafted?

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
Moverare sort of seems like a potential Willie Mitchell-type (smarts & frame), and
I like Willie Mitchell-types.:nod:

Hopefully, he'll work on his skating, so he can avoid the nickname,
"Move-yer-arse".
:naughty:

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Moverare sort of seems like a potential Willie Mitchell-type (smarts & frame), and
I like Willie Mitchell-types.:nod:

Hopefully, he'll work on his skating, so he can avoid the nickname,
"Move-yer-arse".
:naughty:

nice :laugh:, that should be motivation enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->