Kings sign Jacob Moverare (Dman) to ELC

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've always felt that the BPA thing is a bit silly because once you get outside the top 10 there really is no BPA. At that point it's really impossible to tell who BPA is.

Teams that always draft who they're "supposed" to based on the consensus are usually teams that don't draft well.

Absolutely agree. I just think having that 'vision' explains why the DL-led Kings were absolute monsters in rounds 2 and later in the draft but relatively rough in the 1st--and why not having the vision OR development and mostly going bpa had the early 2000s Kings mostly spinning their wheels (ie theres a reason guys often fall in the draft and if you can't address whatever the issue is, you just burned a pick).

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
You do realize Brown was one of the main reasons the King won in 2012 right
I wouldn't say he was one of the main reasons...Quick played like Heracles,the 2nd line was great,Kopi was great,3rd and 4rh lines pitched in and the defense was rock solid when everything was on the line,when a PK needed to be successful,Stollie,Greene and others were up to the task...Brownie one of the main reasons,why because got 20 points like Kopi-Star?I think a lot went into the Kings winning...Johnson traded and us getting Carts...Voynov was brought from Manchester after 3-4 seasons and was that top 4-5 D-man...King scored some goals...the Size of the Kings threw teams off...Richards was pretty darn good...Williams was pretty good...I could go on forever here...the point being Brown didn't win the Stanley Cup on his own and there were a lot players contributing!

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I wouldn't say he was one of the main reasons...Quick played like Heracles,the 2nd line was great,Kopi was great,3rd and 4rh lines pitched in and the defense was rock solid when everything was on the line,when a PK needed to be successful,Stollie,Greene and others were up to the task...Brownie one of the main reasons,why because got 20 points like Kopi-Star?I think a lot went into the Kings winning...Johnson traded and us getting Carts...Voynov was brought from Manchester after 3-4 seasons and was that top 4-5 D-man...King scored some goals...the Size of the Kings threw teams off...Richards was pretty darn good...Williams was pretty good...I could go on forever here...the point being Brown didn't win the Stanley Cup on his own and there were a lot players contributing!

Three players could have won the Conn Smythe in '12....Quick, Kopitar.....and Brown.

Reactions: lumbergh

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
2012 Brown had an identical 8 goals, 12 assist, 20 point, +16 statline as kopitar but also had 2 SHG, 3 GWG, and 34 penalty minutes never mind the penalties drawn from mushing Sedin, turning Mike Smith into an axe murderer, making Hanzal throw low key one of the dirtiest hits of all time that no one talks about because Brown was fine...he had 4 goals against the Canucks himself. And he did most of this damaged before Smith neutered him with the knee hack.

Brown in 2012 playoffs isn't that good is one of the most unsupportable opinions I've ever seen on these forums and completely unsupportable by any statistical or visual evidence. Obviously it was a team effort but 2012 Brown after the deadline was the best he's ever been.

All of this from suggesting he wasn't worth his draft position is a shudder-worthy digression from the thread at large.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seventyx7

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Three players could have won the Conn Smythe in '12....Quick, Kopitar.....and Brown.
Euh Doughty before Kopitar and Brown.

I have not seen Doughty make one single turnover. I understand I might have missed a couple but he was a beast during all rounds. Brown was kinda meh vs Phoenix and New Jersey (with exception of the last game).

Quite remarkable how Moverare’s game has changed during his time in Sweden. I keep saying he might turn into a Dan Girardi kinda of player.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Euh Doughty before Kopitar and Brown.

I have not seen Doughty make one single turnover. I understand I might have missed a couple but he was a beast during all rounds. Brown was kinda meh vs Phoenix and New Jersey (with exception of the last game).

Brown completely destroyed Phoenix's psyche merely by existing in that series, don't forget the Yotes were still looking for divine intervention after Brown severed Rozsival's leg at the hip when we won the series...mike smith throwing his stick at the refs after taking a swipe at richards, doan and just about everyone going straight over to them, coming unglued in the handshake line like a beer league...

It was pretty clear he was just beat the f*** up in the devils series and he was still unleashing nasty hits, he dropped Clarkson like a bad habit in the season he was actually impactful and made him rich.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Brown completely destroyed Phoenix's psyche merely by existing in that series, don't forget the Yotes were still looking for divine intervention after Brown severed Rozsival's leg at the hip when we won the series...mike smith throwing his stick at the refs after taking a swipe at richards, doan and just about everyone going straight over to them, coming unglued in the handshake line like a beer league...

It was pretty clear he was just beat the f*** up in the devils series and he was still unleashing nasty hits, he dropped Clarkson like a bad habit in the season he was actually impactful and made him rich.
Go to bed.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
2012 Brown had an identical 8 goals, 12 assist, 20 point, +16 statline as kopitar but also had 2 SHG, 3 GWG, and 34 penalty minutes never mind the penalties drawn from mushing Sedin, turning Mike Smith into an axe murderer, making Hanzal throw low key one of the dirtiest hits of all time that no one talks about because Brown was fine...he had 4 goals against the Canucks himself. And he did most of this damaged before Smith neutered him with the knee hack.

Brown in 2012 playoffs isn't that good is one of the most unsupportable opinions I've ever seen on these forums and completely unsupportable by any statistical or visual evidence. Obviously it was a team effort but 2012 Brown after the deadline was the best he's ever been.

All of this from suggesting he wasn't worth his draft position is a shudder-worthy digression from the thread at large.
And without Kopi-Star Brown scores half that...Kopi made Brown and not the other way around...You are entitled to your opinion. You are not going to change mine Brownie should have given half his money to Kopi,period

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Can we start a separate thread about Moverare where we actually talk about him ?
I started off by predicting that LA would swap him to Minnesota along with the 35th for Minnesota's 24(acquired from Pitts in the Zucker deal),providing LA's player(forward was there they liked)! Knowing the Kings they probably go Defense...anyways Moverare and the 35th to Minnesota for the 24th!
moverare.jpg

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I started off by predicting that LA would swap him to Minnesota along with the 35th for Minnesota's 24(acquired from Pitts in the Zucker deal),providing LA's player(forward was there they liked)! Knowing the Kings they probably go Defense...anyways Moverare and the 35th to Minnesota for the 24th!View attachment 353471

I think they bring him over this season along with Fagemo and let them keep their team chemistry in Ontario. He probably will be one of the last cuts this year. Could be #7D if they can't find a Veteran Dman they like this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad