Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Sens Dec. 11 The Dave Cameron Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Sure. The Sens have proceeded to use biological warfare against their own players.

Re: Methot --> Don't get it either, but I haven't understood what was wrong with him since the beginning of this injury.

Yeah, things with Methot are just plain weird..

Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner
Methot says he's doubtful. #sens

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Also, Methot (who claimed to be ready for the game) is skating with Wiercioch. Seems like they will be left out. Pretty dumb to leave Marc out if he is healthy, but no one in management of this team has the balls to scratch Phillips.

I refuse to believe if Methot is healthy he would be scratched. If he isn't playing then it's obviously because of his back.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Hope the boys bring an honest effort like they have the last couple of games, i fear we will be a springboard for a good team to get back on track as per usual.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Methots being a little *****, I don't care if he's local trade his ***

Settle down there guy.

portlandia-is-it-local-with-text.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah Cameron is a bit of a screamer/hardliner, reminds me of a possible Clouston issue. Which, when you think about it, isn't all bad as this is the year to really suck. Pretty much the only reason I'm not opposed to Cameron running this team into the ground. Now next year if the draft isn't amazing? No free pass.

From what I've heard and seen, he's a far a better communicator than Clouston (certainly in interviews anyways).

Clouston was a good x's and O's guy which is great but with a veteran heavy team at the time, his lack of communication mixed with screaming didn't work.

Cameron seems like a good mix of communicator and hardliner. Hopefully he also has the x's and o's down (no idea myself). We have a very young team, and he's worked a lot with the current generation of players back with Bingo and in the CHL. They keep bringing up his background as a teacher, so that could be good.

Eager to see how he does, it's win/win imo. If he's good, great, if he bombs, McDavEichal

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm going to take the Methot situation at face value and not speculate that this is some kind of ploy to get a deal done.

If the above is true, then it doesn't bode well for the Methot. Seems like this is a lingering injury with no time table.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Sounds like lines will be:

14-7-61
68-93-6
22-27-90
15-17-25

4-65
2-5
74-62

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Methots being a little *****, I don't care if he's local trade his ***

Signed. They should make an example out of some of these whiny babies and send them packing. Start with Big rig gut pub and go down the list.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Cameron sounds a bit like Claude Noel with some Ned Flanders thrown in.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
/s??

Back problems are serious.. and if it's a back issue he should take his time and get as close to 100% as possible.

I find it very hard to believe that he didn't take his time correcting the issue when he sat out recovering for as long as he did. He comes back for a game plays well then is out because he doesn't want to risk tweaking anything... Basically sounds like I don't want to get injured again since it will impact my next contract

Some cases guys put themselves above the team and this is really starting to look like one, trade him and pick up an upgrade that can play now and doesn't have unreasonable demands on term for contract and is willing to negotiate a 100k difference

That's just my view of it

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I find it very hard to believe that he didn't take his time correcting the issue when he sat out recovering for as long as he did. He comes back for a game plays well then is out because he doesn't want to risk tweaking anything... Basically sounds like I don't want to get injured again since it will impact my next contract

Some cases guys put themselves above the team and this is really starting to look like one, trade him and pick up an upgrade that can play now and doesn't have unreasonable demands on term for contract and is willing to negotiate a 100k difference

That's just my view of it

He's a liability if he isn't playing and is worried about injury, would make less teams interested and his next contract a gamble, which likely results in less money and shorter term.

Doesn't seem to be much benefit in it for him, unless he truly is worried about tweaking it. A small back injury can become a big problem if you don't let it recover properly.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
He's a liability if he isn't playing and is worried about injury, would make less teams interested and his next contract a gamble, which likely results in less money and shorter term.

Doesn't seem to be much benefit in it for him, unless he truly is worried about tweaking it. A small back injury can become a big problem if you don't let it recover properly.

He would lose less on a new contract if it's one back injury vs two from any team outside of us. Just sounds like the guy is already in FA mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad