Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Sens Dec. 11 The Dave Cameron Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlsson2Turris*

Is it true that Cameron used to be a high school guidance counsellor?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Played 168 games in the NHL, became a guidance councillor and decided "**** it, I have to get back into the NHL" and he pulled it off

That's pretty impressive. As it's been said, this is likely to be his only shot at this kind of gig; I'm confident he'll make it count.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He also said that before he became a guidance counsellor, he worked with young offenders who were being released, helping them to reintegrate back into society.

The more I heard about Cameron, especially his actual body of work in junior, the more I liked I him. I think he's a good hockey guy, and has a better chance than most are giving him to succeed here.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm mostly worried about him not coming through in big games; his most recent stint as a HC with Ice Dogs was encouraging in terms of regular season but that's about it

The WJC Gold Medal game in 2011 and the Calder Cup with Mississauga were blow outs

The main hope is that those events were with kids, it's hard to compare, positively or negatively, with the pros in the NHL.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Posted this in another thread and posting it here again for evidentiary purposes.

This is our current record vs teams either in the playoffs or out of them.

W/L against teams in playoff spots: 5-10-4

W/L against teams out of playoffs: 6-1-1

So we've been dominating the teams lower than us and hanging around with the big boys. Looks to me like a team that will battle until the end for a 7/8 spot.

What I'm looking for is to see if Cameron can improve our performances against the top teams in the league.

25 games from now I'll run the same analysis and see if there has been any improvement.

We've had a brutal opening schedule to the year. I don't want to see our record get better because we're playing more of the bottom feeders. I want to see if we can start taking some games away from the big boys.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
just scored tickets to this game from work. Really cant wait to see the line combos and healthy scratches to make any sort of judgement.

I'll wait at least 5 games before assessing anything. Sure, there might be some improvements or minor regressions but that is to be expected when any big change occurs within an organisation. Hopefully the change boosts them somewhat and they manage to win a few games while adapting to Cameron.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'll wait at least 5 games before assessing anything. Sure, there might be some improvements or minor regressions but that is to be expected when any big change occurs within an organisation. Hopefully the change boosts them somewhat and they manage to win a few games while adapting to Cameron.
Well, as Altimus pointed out we don't need more than a game to judge certain things such as his choice of healthy scratches. It's not like he hasn't had the opportunity to see these players in action all season long.

For example, if all of Methot, Cowen, Boro and Phillips are healthy, who sits? What are the defenseman pairings?

For the rest, such as the defensive system and the transition game, sure it will take some time.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
You better get something to remove the glue. I don't think it is a good idea to be glued to your tv. How are you going to eat or use the bathroom?

Oh, good point. I had better switch to duct tape then.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
I just want the Sens team that played the 2nd and 3rd periods against Vancouver. If we played like that all season, it would make my year.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I would *love* to see the Paul MacLean doppelgänger sitting behind the glass tomorrow night.

Bonus points if he arrives with one of those hockey coach's white boards and a dry erase marker.

If I was the doppelganger guy, I'd arrive in a loud Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses, a big straw hat, a bit of neon sunscreen on the nose, and a big fruity drink with an umbrella in it. Then just sit back, put my feet up and wave to the guys on the bench every once in a while.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
If I was the doppelganger guy, I'd arrive in a loud Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses, a big straw hat, a bit of neon sunscreen on the nose, and a big fruity drink with an umbrella in it. Then just sit back, put my feet up and wave to the guys on the bench every once in a while.

:laugh: I'd love to see that.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa

Ha. ****** the doppel, get the real Maclean in there doing that!

Trolllllllllllllll

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
he was the rugby coach of a friend of mine. My friend was not a fan, said he was a hardass.

Fits his M.O.

Yeah Cameron is a bit of a screamer/hardliner, reminds me of a possible Clouston issue. Which, when you think about it, isn't all bad as this is the year to really suck. Pretty much the only reason I'm not opposed to Cameron running this team into the ground. Now next year if the draft isn't amazing? No free pass.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
I know most people don't want the team to tank, but I would rather the team suck than be mediocre for a long time.

Show no mercy kings :)

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
I wasn't a fan of the move but boy do I hope Cameron can make me eat **** on this.

Also, MacA has the flu and is missing practice this morning. Greening could draw in.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I wasn't a fan of the move but boy do I hope Cameron can make me eat **** on this.

Also, MacA has the flu and is missing practice this morning. Greening could draw in.

Tank in full effect. Greening-Turris-Stone as line 1.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013

Also, Methot (who claimed to be ready for the game) is skating with Wiercioch. Seems like they will be left out. Pretty dumb to leave Marc out if he is healthy, but no one in management of this team has the balls to scratch Phillips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Sure. The Sens have proceeded to use biological warfare against their own players.

Re: Methot --> Don't get it either, but I haven't understood what was wrong with him since the beginning of this injury.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good Luck Dave!

P.S. Don't forget to bring your poker face when the D turns the puck over 4 times in a row and then finally makes an easy 10 foot pass into the forwards skates and then we loose that puck battle and the.....anyways good luck Dave!!!!!

Coach of the Year up for grabs if you can turn this around!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad