Confirmed with Link: Kings Re-Sign Muzzin

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Pray that he gets better and better. I told Belanger25 that Muzzin is a modern day Modry, inconsistent in terms of using his size, has a pretty good shot that oftentimes gets blocked or placed into shinpads. Needs a lot of work, but the tools are there in order for him to become a successful defenseman.

I think it's fair to think a rookie will get better and better.

While he had a low panic threshold, I think this can be addressed with seasoning.

What got him in the lineup over Martinez, when there was an option, is he listened to the coaching staff and played aggressive (not physical, but aggressive) and wasn't afraid of making mistakes. Martinez, with additional seasoning, played passive, which is why we will see Martinez move on to greener pastures. Not to say he's a bad player, but someone played better.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
The biggest thing to me with Muzzin is it all is in his head. When he's quick, decisive, and confident, he really is a pretty good defenseman. The problem is he has brain farts and times where he freaks out and doesn't know what to do with the puck. That'll change with more experience I hope. If he feels more confident out there, he'll make better and quicker decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad