Confirmed with Link: Kings Re-Sign Muzzin

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
That's a pretty good number. And I think this signals the end for Alec Martinez.

Alec has earned a contract over 1M. That extra few hundred thousand is ridiculously big this year. It's a shame, because I think Alec is better right now and has shown he can elevate his play when the stakes rise.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Agreed. So long, Martinez :( But cheers to a long career somewhere waaaayyyy back east!

Muzzin better keep growing/improving, because A-Mart was a personal favorite of mine :(

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
To me A-Mart is and will be the better player. Muzzin is more flashy for both good and bad reasons (great shot, hand grenade passes in the D-zone).

A-Mart, IMO, is Darryl Sydor all over again (maybe not as skilled offensively) I think.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Let the hate flow for two more years!

:laugh:

I'm not a big fan, but I see him growing. Hope he can prove me wrong.

I just feel like he takes hits like Davis Drewiske used to and is also still getting used to the pressure. Not very agile, either. It's not a terrible contract, but it's more than I expected.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Let the hate flow for two more years!

Pray that he gets better and better. I told Belanger25 that Muzzin is a modern day Modry, inconsistent in terms of using his size, has a pretty good shot that oftentimes gets blocked or placed into shinpads. Needs a lot of work, but the tools are there in order for him to become a successful defenseman.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
To me A-Mart is and will be the better player. Muzzin is more flashy for both good and bad reasons (great shot, hand grenade passes in the D-zone).

A-Mart, IMO, is Darryl Sydor all over again (maybe not as skilled offensively) I think.

I actually view Muzzin as being more like Sydor with the hot passes and the shakiness when it comes to handling physical play, which is something both Sydor and Muzzin struggled with. Not exactly sure what happened with Martinez though, but he struggled to the point where the coaching staff lost faith in him, and his struggles were very evident. I can't forget that horrible game by him against Phoenix...

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
I actually view Muzzin as being more like Sydor with the hot passes and the shakiness when it comes to handling physical play, which is something both Sydor and Muzzin have struggled with.

If Muzzin turns into a Sydor-like player, I can definitely live with that. Especially if we don't trade him for scraps like McMaster did with Sydor.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Martinez will be traded for, yes, market value, but well under his long-term value, ala Bernier, Hickey, Loktionov.

Since Hickey got claimed via waivers if you look at the players we have cast off or moved for cheap you could put together a pretty solid start to a good team. (if you include players we have waived along with those who were sent off cheap)

You have JB in net

A Mart (presumably)
Hickey (who had a solid first year on the Isle)
Moulson
Loki
Purcell
Holloway
Moller (both presumably)

and a few more.

Not going to win a cup but you would have a couple of really good young D and a great young goalie along with one or two solid young forwards, not bad.

Our D going into next year.

WillieM
RobynR
DrewD
VyacheslavV
JakersM
MattG
Schultzy

I like it, I like it allot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad