Post-Game Talk: Kings @ Rangers [MOD WARNING POST 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It's a loss. It happens. Some people in our fanbase who act like the world is ending...my goodness, do you expect this team to go 82-0? Do you even remember what it was like when we missed the playoffs every damn year?

It's a stinker of a game. Move on to the next one.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It's a loss. It happens. Some people in our fanbase who act like the world is ending...my goodness, do you expect this team to go 82-0? Do you even remember what it was like when we missed the playoffs every damn year?

It's a stinker of a game. Move on to the next one.

Ehhh 98-0. Get it right.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Wake-up call... We can't win them all. It's bad it happens against the Kings, but at least we beat the teams who we are competing with.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Friendly Kings fan here, just wanted to say that this game was not at all representative of the way the Rangers truly are. Should be an easy road to ECF for the Rangers and a fun series against whoever they see there, who they are most likely to beat, bringing them into the Cup Finals for a second year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You've apparently been a Rangers fan for 23 years and still don't know the rules of faceoffs?

Brass took the faceoff, the winger jumped the gun and Brass was kicked out as per, you know, the rules. Stepan then came in and came back out immediately so Brass could come back in when he had been kicked out. The ref then stopped him from doing this, as per, you know, the rules

The players were wasting the time, not the linesman

ktf.gif

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Absolutely everything was garbage.

Nothing else to say.

I'm not as confident as most of you are going into the playoffs.

Against 90% of teams who either aren't talented enough and/or don't forecheck aggressively, we're absolutely fine.

Unfortunately, the other 10% of the league (see LA, Tampa, etc) understand our top 3 D aren't very good when pressured deep in their own zone. Plus we don't have a goalie that can play the puck. So they forecheck us hard and give us absolute fits. That's the recipe to beat this team and we've consistently seen it time and again for years now. McD is iffy with the puck when pressured. Staal is below average. Girardi is not very good. Sure, all three are great elsewhere, put playing the puck while pressured is a big weakness for all three.

Tonight's loss wasn't a product of having an off night. It was a product of a talented team taking full advantage of our largest weakness. And that's why tonight's loss is concerning. The blueprint on how to beat this team was on full display.

The good news is very, very few teams can actually do it against us. Just gotta hope we don't face those teams come playoff time.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Honestly? This was the type of game I was expecting every night after Hank went down :laugh: Then losing Klein and MSL, wow.

The way this team has been playing (up until tonight) has been incredible. They've been downright unbeatable for a good part of a month now.

I can't wait until we're healthy and the playoffs start. There won't be any games like tonight when that happens.

Agree completely. Nash's "cold streak" is a bit worrisome. Coincidence or not, it has coincided with the increase in intensity in the last two months of the season - the usual "preview for the playoffs".

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Friendly Kings fan here, just wanted to say that this game was not at all representative of the way the Rangers truly are. Should be an easy road to ECF for the Rangers and a fun series against whoever they see there, who they are most likely to beat, bringing them into the Cup Finals for a second year.

Wont be easy. Isles, Habs, Tampa. It'll be a dog fight. IMO however we are the top dog in the East.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
It's not a matter of "they lost the game"

It's a matter of "they got totally owned by a team that played last night, that is among their competition for the best team in the NHL"

It's also continuing a VERY disturbing trend of god-awful puck possession over the last month.

RangersOwnNewYork*

oh well. Bad loss but the rangers were due for a bad loss. They have banked enough points this season that a stinker doesn't hurt this team. It's a nice position to be in but to some fans the rangers record this year isn't good enough. I'm not sure what would be good enough to those fans but that's their problem.

82-0-0

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's a gameplan against the Rangers, yes. There's a gameplan against every team ever, except maybe the 78 Habs.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO

I don't care if we were the 1983 NY Islanders, I'd never say that a path to the Conference Finals is "easy" :laugh:. But I hope you're right!!!

People might think I'm crazy, but I think you guys are still favorites to make the finals. My odds? 3:1 on Chicago, 3:1 on the Kings, 3:1 on everyone else in the West.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Won't be easy, but thanks for being awesome and not a jerk face :yo:

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Wont be easy. Isles, Habs, Tampa. It'll be a dog fight. IMO however we are the top dog in the East.

I think the Isles and Tampa would be the only tough ones, and if the Rangers get first seed in the East then it's likely they only meet one of them.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO

It's a matter of "they got totally owned by a team that played last night, that is among their competition for the best team in the NHL"

It's also continuing a VERY disturbing trend of god-awful puck possession over the last month.

Somebody else quoted, we haven't lost by more than a goal since January. This is all without Hank, Klein, and MSL for stretches. It's a loss. A bad one. We'll bounce back, we're one of the best teams in the league.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
I'm confident that Glass is gone when Marty is back. He was a disaster tonight. The Kings are a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
We are a very good team. The team that we played is better than us, though. If, God forbid, the Kings do the same thing they've done and make the SCF's, they will decimate just about any team in the league. They're too big, strong, and tenacious on the forecheck. Add Doughty and Quick on the backend and you have, well, the Kings.

We have to hope we make it to the Finals and they don't make it anywhere close.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

The concerning thing about this is that our injured players (St. Louis, Klein, and Lundqvist) aren't going to solve this issue.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY

It's never easy for the Rangers.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Honestly? This was the type of game I was expecting every night after Hank went down :laugh: Then losing Klein and MSL, wow.

The way this team has been playing (up until tonight) has been incredible. They've been downright unbeatable for a good part of a month now.

I can't wait until we're healthy and the playoffs start. There won't be any games like tonight when that happens.

Like your positivity and agree but we still won't be fielding our best lineup cause I'm certain glass will be in lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad