Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sodergran might be my new favorite prospect. I liked him back at devcamp too, but wasn't sure if he'd take a step.

If only I could do the umlaut i might be changing my username :P

edit: Södergran. Got it!

Reactions: King Trouty

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
9/20 results:

OS lost 9-2, Phillips had a Goal and -2, Dudas was scoreless and -1.

Note: some omissions will be made until players have been returned.

9/21 games:

Sarnia @ SSM (Villalta)
Mississauga (Ingham) @ Ottawa
Karpat (Kupari) vs Jukurit

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
I'm curious, if the Kings decide Vilardi isn't ready for the NHL but is too good for juniors, could they loan him to the Eisberen Berlin?

Presumably, he could play in another pro league, as the age thing is strictly an agreement between the AHL (and maybe ECHL) and juniors. But I can't imagine they would be interested in doing that. They're going to want to keep a close eye on him given the injury to make sure he's progressing and taking steps to avoid aggravating it, and its a lot harder to do that if you send him to another continent.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
(place holder for recap & tomorrow's preview)
Kupari had 2 Assists in 3-2 win for Karpat.

SSM vs Sarnia was postponed due to weather.
Mississauga lost 4-3 in OT, Ingham stopped 20/24 in taking the loss.

7/22 games:

North Bay @ SSM (Villalta)
Sudbury @ Owen Sound (Phillips, Dudas)

WHL opened play tonight (7/21) but to my knowledge, no Kings prospects have been assigned there.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Not only would they not do that, I don't think the can. If he's not playing in Kingston, he can only play for the Kings.

I've been wondering this myself. Hypothetically if Vilardi isn't ready by the time the season starts, could the team place him on IR and when they felt he was ready to return, could they possibly give him a conditioning assignment in Ontario and then when he's done with that return to the Kings? From what Rosen has said nothing has changed in his status and still listed week-to-week.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
I've been wondering this myself. Hypothetically if Vilardi isn't ready by the time the season starts, could the team place him on IR and when they felt he was ready to return, could they possibly give him a conditioning assignment in Ontario and then when he's done with that return to the Kings? From what Rosen has said nothing has changed in his status and still listed week-to-week.
yes they can send him to the ahl for (not 100% sure how long but I think two weeks) and then recall him to the kings

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Not only would they not do that, I don't think the can. If he's not playing in Kingston, he can only play for the Kings.

I'm fairly certain they can. The whole under 20 thing is an agreement between the AHL and CHL, there's no such rule stopping him from playing in a pro league in Europe. But you're right in that they wouldn't want to.

As for the conditioning stint to the AHL, Buffalo tried it with Grigorenko a few years ago and the NHL rejected it. I'm not sure if that was because they didn't believe he was injured and required a conditioning stint or if they refused it because of the age rule.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'm fairly certain they can. The whole under 20 thing is an agreement between the AHL and CHL, there's no such rule stopping him from playing in a pro league in Europe. But you're right in that they wouldn't want to.

There is no agreement between the AHL and the CHL. It's the NHL and the CHL agreement that prevents players under 20 from joining the AHL You only have to be 18 to play in the AHL.

Fingolfin

Mar 9, 2003
Costa Mesa, CA
The Kings did the something similar with Brayden Schenn, though Schenn played 3-4 games with LA and was a healthy scratch a fair amount before the conditioning assignment.

So... maybe?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The Kings did the something similar with Brayden Schenn, though Schenn played 3-4 games with LA and was a healthy scratch a fair amount before the conditioning assignment.

So... maybe?

Interesting and good memory. I looked into this, it does look like the Kings asked and got permission from the NHL for a conditioning assignment where he played 7 games for Manchester after playing 8 earlier with the Kings to start the season, then went back to the WHL. I wonder if this could still play out for Vilardi, with a conditioning assignment first in the AHL, then some NHL games to see if he is ready. Not sure it would fly. The key point here being he played with the Kings first, then went to the AHL for about 2 weeks.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
9/22 recap:
SSM won 6-0, Villalta stopped all 33 shots in getting the W.
Owen Sound won 3-0, Phillips was scoreless and even, Dudas was scoreless and +1.
Karpat lost 1-0, Kupari was obviously scoreless.

9/23 games:
Niagara (Thomas) @ Mississauga (Ingham)

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
There is no agreement between the AHL and the CHL. It's the NHL and the CHL agreement that prevents players under 20 from joining the AHL You only have to be 18 to play in the AHL.

Yes, but it only applies to AHL and ECHL, not the European pro leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad