Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Yeah, what an upset. The Soo was the only OHL team to break 100 pts, and they got up to 116. Talk about a letdown so far.

I would love to see OS pull off the upset. That would be something else.

I think even if SSM advance, Kitchener will be a stiff test for them as they made some nice additions prior to the trade deadline including OA goaltender Culina.

I think Hamilton will defeat Kingston but it’s going to be a long series. Kingston has arguably the best goalie in the league in Helvig who is an OA. Hamilton has more overall depth which I think tips the scale slightly in their favour.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I would love to see OS pull off the upset. That would be something else.

I think even if SSM advance, Kitchener will be a stiff test for them as they made some nice additions prior to the trade deadline including OA goaltender Culina.

I think Hamilton will defeat Kingston but it’s going to be a long series. Kingston has arguably the best goalie in the league in Helvig who is an OA. Hamilton has more overall depth which I think tips the scale slightly in their favour.

If Kingston's top end players step up, they can definitely go far.

OS winning would definitely make it interesting though. I just want a Kings prospect to fight for the Memorial Cup, if not win.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
At the Hamilton/Kingston game tonight. End of 1st period, Dogs lead 2-0. Vilardi has been relatively quiet thus far. He’s not hesitant to get engaged though, dishing out a few hits.

Very early days in this series, we’ll see how the middle stanza goes for him.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Not much doing for Vilardi in the 3rd. Took a boarding penalty as he was involved in some questionable play after the whistle trying to stir up shit.

Pretty quiet night from #73. Game 2 this Friday.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
4/18 recap:

Kingston lost 6-2, Vilardi was scoreless and-3. (Hamilton leads 1-0)

4/19:

No games

4/20:

Kingston (Vilardi) @ Hamilton
Kitchener @ SSM (Villalta)

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Who is on Hamilton? I thought the Fronts were stacked.

No. 1 seed in the Conference as one of the top teams in the OHL this season. They have been ranked in the top 10 in Canada for a most of the year as well.

They added a bunch of guys leading up to the trade deadline including Christian Thomas (STL), Nick Mattinen (Tor), Riley Stillman (FLA), Nick Cammano (Dal), Ryan Moore and a few others.

Kaden Fulcher (Det) is one of the top goalies in the league.

The roster is pretty stacked with a bunch of players that have been drafted to the NHL.

Mathew Strome (Philly - brother of Dylan & Ryan) is also on the club.

Will Bitten (Mtl) is a real good player, reminds me of a Brendan Gallagher type.

Dogs have a couple good rookies in Darnell Nurse (related to Darnell Nurse - Edm) and Arthur Kaliyev. Both have been solid contributiors this year.

One guy that has went through a couple drafts and who has had a great season and currently has 11 playoff goals is Brandon Saigeon. Kid has a pro shot and can snipe it. Skating can use some work but he’s got some tools, not bad defensively. Would be a nice later round draft choice for an NHL club. Spent time at the Oilers rookie camp last season.

Their speed and transition game is killing Kingston. Dogs lead series 2-0. Next game Sunday in Kingston at 6pm eastern.

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
4/20 recap:

Kingston lost 7-1, Vilardi was scoreless and -2. (Hamilton leads 2-0)
SSM won 3-2, Villalta stopped 18/20 in getting the win. (SSM leads 1-0)

4/21:

Kitchener @ SSM (Villalta)

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Guy we are penciling in to next year's lineup is getting shutout in three games so far.

Not going to get overly worried but it should remind people to temper expectations if he is in the NHL next season.

Reactions: LAKings88

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Guy we are penciling in to next year's lineup is getting shutout in three games so far.

Not going to get overly worried but it should remind people to temper expectations if he is in the NHL next season.

He most likely will struggle vs Men like all prospects do.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I mean, 3 games of 0 PPG, 43 games of nearly 2 PPG.

Shouldn't be tempering expectations more now than we should have all along.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad