Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Kings have not signed him yet. I don't know what kind of contract he has over there with his parent KHL club. If I recall most discussions were he needed to mature a lot physically. So I'm not sure what the thought process is for next season.

Eliteprospects says "Contract 20/21" so he will play in Russia this and next year. Hopefully in the KHL or at least in the VHL. MHL is for juniors.

Bulat Shafigullin at eliteprospects.com

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
10/18 results:

Hamilton won 4-2, Kaliyev had 2 Goals(13), an Assist(11) and +2.
Niagara lost 3-2, Thomas had a Goal(2), an Assist(11) and was even.
Kitchener lost 4-3 in OT, Ingham stopped 35/39.
Spokane lost 2-1, Parik DNP. (Injured)
Moncton won 6-5 in OT, Spence had 3 Assists(10) and +3.

10/19 games:

Guelph @ Niagara (Thomas)
Kitchener (Ingham) @ Saginaw
Acadie-Bathurst @ Moncton (Spence)
Spokane (Parik?) @ Prince George

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This actually happened in the Champions Hockey League, where teams from all over Europe compete. Cardiff is from Great Britain.

It's not meant to nitpick, but since you won't find this result/stats in the SHL, I wanted to clear up the confusion :)

Frolunda DOES also compete in the SHL, but they just didn't in this game.
Our teams in Britain are a step or two below the true Elite European leagues. Any 4 goal game is great, but it’s like a top AHL player getting 4 against an ECHL team (in terms of magnitude of difference) and even then I may be being generous.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Moverare with some moves

No idea what happened to him.

He was advertised as a stay at home defenseman, though I never agreed with that but he was used as one during the WJC20.

Swedish fans were not happy with him because obviously he is not fancy. You can still see he is not very agile but at least he is moving the puck.

I view him more like a Dan Girardi type of player than for instance Derek Forbort.

Mar 12, 2009
10/18 results:

Hamilton won 4-2, Kaliyev had 2 Goals(13), an Assist(11) and +2.
Niagara lost 3-2, Thomas had a Goal(2), an Assist(11) and was even.
Kitchener lost 4-3 in OT, Ingham stopped 35/39.
Spokane lost 2-1, Parik DNP. (Injured)
Moncton won 6-5 in OT, Spence had 3 Assists(10) and +3.

10/19 games:

Guelph @ Niagara (Thomas)
Kitchener (Ingham) @ Saginaw
Acadie-Bathurst @ Moncton (Spence)
Spokane (Parik?) @ Prince George
Ingam didn't end up playing last night, Rangers went with their backup. I've seen all but 2-3 of his games this year and he's been a night and day difference from our shakey goaltending last season. He battles hard, consistently, doesn't give up on plays. Our defense has been shakey early on and he's bailed the team out and kept them in games they would have let get out of hand last year with a different goalie.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
10/19 results:

Niagara won 5-4 in SO, Thomas had an Assist(11) and was -2.
Kitchener lost 5-3, Ingham DNP.
Moncton won 6-1, Spence had an Assist(11) and +2.
Spokane won 5-2, Parik DNP.

10/20 games:

Hamilton (Kaliyev) @ Ottawa

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
His only point today, darn. Stupid Byfield passed him for the OHL points lead. But 14 goals is still 3 more than anyone else!

I know @Frolov 6'3 really likes Jan Jenik, he knows exactly what to do with Kaliyev, that's for sure.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
72689781_10106933163771054_5248374736345366528_n.jpg

Belated 'Turcotte taking a draw' picture from the 10/11 game against Boston College. One way Uber cost more than the glass seat. Also being in the stands aroud college kids made me feel very old. I was unknowingly standing next to Brian Leetch during intermission.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
One very unimportant bit of information.

Noticed on Bulat Shafigullin's team, there are two other guys named Bulat. Most likely it's the Russian version of Bob.

With that, it's good to see "Bob" scoring some since he returned from injury.

Which in it of itself, is pretty impressive considering how scorers usually struggle when returing from that injury, yet the kid has come out of the gates flying.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
One very unimportant bit of information.

Noticed on Bulat Shafigullin's team, there are two other guys named Bulat. Most likely it's the Russian version of Bob.

With that, it's good to see "Bob" scoring some since he returned from injury.

"Bulat" is also dangerously close to what you can read from Kovy's lips after a f*** up

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Prospects in the News/On the Rise
We look to a pair of 2019 second rounders currently playing the OHL for some of the hottest 2019-20 starts among all NHL prospects.

Arthur Kaliyev, LW (LA) (33rd overall, 2019. McKeen’s Last Year: Draft Eligible)
2019 Stats – 14 goals and 11 assists in 12 games with Hamilton (OHL)
It is not often that a player who pots 50 goals in his draft year in the OHL escapes the first round unclaimed, but Kaliyev was left to dangle overnight last June in Vancouver. Many, ourselves included, attributed his relative fall to his general indifference away from the puck. As much as he was the complete package in the offensive zone, his pace and commitment waned in his own end. Perhaps that failing has weighed on him this summer, or perhaps he is simply too gifted a goal scorer for the OHL, but Kaliyev has already scored 14 times in the season’s first 12 games. According to our OHL analysts, the bulky winger has great chemistry with linemate Jan Jenik (an Arizona draft pick), in a case where the line is more productive than the sum of its parts. The goals don’t negate the warts noted above, but they make them easier to overlook. – Ryan Wagman, McKeen’s Prospect Director

‘One of the most polarizing prospects from the 2019 NHL Draft class, Kaliyev ended up sliding to the second round where the Kings selected him. Yes, there are some concerns over both his pace of play and his eagerness to involve himself physically and without the puck. That said, he is nearly the complete package on the offensive side of the puck. He possesses both a booming slapshot and a quick release wrist shot, which he can use while cutting in or driving wide. He operates best as a triggerman in the slot, but he can create his own chances. He is also an underrated playmaker whose poise and patience with the puck has improved greatly through his time in the OHL. There are warts, but there is also massive potential for Kaliyev to develop into a consistent 30 goal scorer in a top six role for the LA Kings.’ – Brock Otten, McKeen’s 2019-20 Yearbook

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/prospects-report/prospects-report-kings-high-kaliyev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad