Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/14 recap:

Niagara won 4-2, Thomas had 2 Goals(37) and was even.
SSM won 2-1 in OT, Villalta stopped 33/34.

3/15 games:

North Bay @ Mississauga (Ingham)
London @ SSM (Villalta)
Erie @ Guelph (Phillips, Durzi?)
Owen Sound (Dudas) @ Kitchener
Spokane (JAD) @ Tri-City

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/15 results:

Mississauga lost 7-4, Ingham stopped 15/20, pulled after 2 periods.
SSM won 6-3, Villalta stopped 20/21 in 37:42.
Guelph won 5-2, Phillips was scoreless and even, Durzi DNP.
Owen Sound lost 9-3, Dudas was scoreless and -1.
Spokane won 5-3, Anderson-Dolan DNP (could be rest)

3/16 games:

Guelph (Phillips) @ Erie
Niagara (Thomas) @ Barrie
Kitchener @ Owen Sound (Dudas)
Tri-City @ Spokane (JAD)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
3/15 results:

Mississauga lost 7-4, Ingham stopped 15/20, pulled after 2 periods.
SSM won 6-3, Villalta stopped 20/21 in 37:42.
Guelph won 5-2, Phillips was scoreless and even, Durzi DNP.
Owen Sound lost 9-3, Dudas was scoreless and -1.
Spokane won 5-3, Anderson-Dolan DNP (could be rest)

3/16 games:

Guelph (Phillips) @ Erie
Niagara (Thomas) @ Barrie
Kitchener @ Owen Sound (Dudas)
Tri-City @ Spokane (JAD)

For anyone else freaking out like I did, this appears to be the case:

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
3/16 results:

Guelph won 5-2, Phillips was scoreless and +3.
Niagara won 7-4, Thomas had an Assist(63) and -2. (100th point)
Owen Sound won 4-2, Dudas had an Assist(36) and was even.
Spokane won 10-1, Anderson-Dolan had 2 Assists(23) and +1.

3/17 games:

Barrie @ Mississauga (Ingham)
Niagara (Thomas) @ North Bay
Saginaw @ SSM (Villalta)

Reactions: Finster8

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
3/17 results:

Niagara won 8-3, Thomas had a Goal(38), an Assist(64) and +1.
SSM won 5-2, Villalta DNP.
Mississauga won 5-4, Ingham stopped 25/29.

Thomas finishes the season with 38-64-102 and +42 in 63 games, and 5th in PPG at 1.62.
Thanks dude. You’ve done a great job with these updates and it really is appreciated.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Thomas finishes the season with 38-64-102 and +42 in 63 games, and 5th in PPG at 1.62.

Unfortunately, Amadio finished his final OHL season with 50 goals and almost as many points as Thomas, yet Amadio at the NHL level is never on pace for anything higher than a 8-9 goal season.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Unfortunately, Amadio finished his final OHL season with 50 goals and almost as many points as Thomas, yet Amadio at the NHL level is never on pace for anything higher than a 8-9 goal season.

Correct me if I´m wrong but Amadio was almost a year older than Thomas, that´s significant. But yeah, I´m pretty much done being excited about scoring at the junior level.

Reactions: Basilisk

henkkj

Jun 29, 2017
Playoffs run for Kupari and his team Kärpät starts friday. They are huge favourites for the championship so you can expect a long run. I can post my thoughts and Kupari's stats here as the playoffs go on. Does anyone have a clue what is going on with Prokhorkin? Apparently he hasn't played at all in the KHL playoffs, injured maybe?

EDIT: My bad. Prokhorkin played first 7 games (0 points and -4) and has missed last 3 for some reason.

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA

In his age-20 season, he scored 50 goals. Thomas only turned 19 in January.

Lets compare their draft years, and draft +1 years.

Thomas:
17-18(draft year): 22-59-81
18-19(draft+1): 38-64-102

Amadio:
(draft year): 12-26-38
(draft+1)24-47-71

We'll see what Thomas does in his age-20 season, if he's not in the NHL, good chance he gets invited to the canadian WJC Camp.

This isn't me saying Thomas is gonna be a superstar, however, I do think he can a very good 2nd line player down the road.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Playoffs run for Kupari and his team Kärpät starts friday. They are huge favourites for the championship so you can expect a long run. I can post my thoughts and Kupari's stats here as the playoffs go on. Does anyone have a clue what is going on with Prokhorkin? Apparently he hasn't played at all in the KHL playoffs, injured maybe?

EDIT: My bad. Prokhorkin played first 7 games (0 points and -4) and has missed last 3 for some reason.

No idea what's going on with Prokhorkin. I know he missed a few games in the regular season on what looked like a rotation. Maybe a healthy scratch?

Any updates/thoughts on Kupari or any other Kings related news is always appreciated!

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

He's f***ing 22 years old and hasn't even played 82 games. And he's gone over PPG and been pretty dominant in the AHL too. AND has been a late bloomer at every level.

10 goals 20 points would be top-tier for a 4th liner, and that's assuming he's done developing at 22.

Why are we so ready to dump on guys who have only played portions of seasons and less than 10 minutes per game? Let them develop.

yes, the road to the NHL is littered with guys with high junior production. But it's just as silly to make sweeping proclamations about a career this early.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
He's ****ing 22 years old and hasn't even played 82 games. And he's gone over PPG and been pretty dominant in the AHL too. AND has been a late bloomer at every level.

10 goals 20 points would be top-tier for a 4th liner, and that's assuming he's done developing at 22.

Why are we so ready to dump on guys who have only played portions of seasons and less than 10 minutes per game? Let them develop.

yes, the road to the NHL is littered with guys with high junior production. But it's just as silly to make sweeping proclamations about a career this early.
I would like to see more of Amadio; I think he's a smart hockey player. I just can't tell if he's Nic Dowd or someone with a little more offense to offer.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would like to see more of Amadio; I think he's a smart hockey player. I just can't tell if he's Nic Dowd or someone with a little more offense to offer.

Which is totally fair. I think Herby and/or Bandit see Nick Shore in him right now offense-wise which is a fair criticism to this point. But to act like he's given all he's had to give when he doesn't even have a full season of games under his belt--particularly for a late bloomer--is just dishonest.

Yet, as posted above, 10 goals, 20 points is top rung fourth-liner production. He just doesn't have Shore's defensive game yet either.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Which is totally fair. I think Herby and/or Bandit see Nick Shore in him right now offense-wise which is a fair criticism to this point. But to act like he's given all he's had to give when he doesn't even have a full season of games under his belt--particularly for a late bloomer--is just dishonest.

Yet, as posted above, 10 goals, 20 points is top rung fourth-liner production. He just doesn't have Shore's defensive game yet either.

I saw Nick Shore play at Denver U here in Denver several times...he was never great offensively. You cannot compare Amadio to Nick Shore. Amadio has always taken a year + to excel at higher
levels and he has always come through...in the OHL, then AHL and he was playing great, his last 5-6 games with the Kings and then gets sent down. So terrible in the way they handled
him, by doing that..it was imperative that they moved 1 or both of Carter and Toffoli at the deadline.

Stevens saw Amadio's playmaking abiltiy and skill and started using him on the PP last year. Amadio needed to gain strength and improve his skating some.
He was off and on the first few months, but when he finally makes strides and had some nice goals and made some great plays and was also involved in the play -
200 feet, he gets screwed. He's so much better than Carter right now, it's not even funny. Mike should be centering line 3 and Kempe line 2 right now.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Yeah I don't see the Nick Shore comparison. Nick Shore was all defense with not a single drop of initiative in the offensive zone. Solid shut-down center, just boring as hell.

Amadio has much better vision and passing ability. I just want to see more of it. I think he has more to give, but no chance to give it.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I saw Nick Shore play at Denver U here in Denver several times...he was never great offensively. You cannot compare Amadio to Nick Shore. Amadio has always taken a year + to excel at higher
levels and he has always come through...in the OHL, then AHL and he was playing great, his last 5-6 games with the Kings and then gets sent down. So terrible in the way they handled
him, by doing that..it was imperative that they moved 1 or both of Carter and Toffoli at the deadline.

Stevens saw Amadio's playmaking abiltiy and skill and started using him on the PP last year. Amadio needed to gain strength and improve his skating some.
He was off and on the first few months, but when he finally makes strides and had some nice goals and made some great plays and was also involved in the play -
200 feet, he gets screwed. He's so much better than Carter right now, it's not even funny. Mike should be centering line 3 and Kempe line 2 right now.

Yeah I don't see the Nick Shore comparison. Nick Shore was all defense with not a single drop of initiative in the offensive zone. Solid shut-down center, just boring as hell.

Amadio has much better vision and passing ability. I just want to see more of it. I think he has more to give, but no chance to give it.

Hey, I'm president of the Amadio fan club, no issues here.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad